VN - Ren'Py - Completed - Freeloading Family [v0.32] [FFCreations]

1. 3.00 star(s)

Givettme

Starting out with the positive. The girls look beautiful. I particully like Alice, Leah and Susan. The game looks great andi s quality with almost no errors in writing. With the last update you get to chose one path. I think that path was really well done. A lot of depth and effort was put into it. Well done. Allthough in that path and that is the problem in the entire game: you choices really don't matter or you have no choice at all.

Some examples. Firstly I really was hoping the passive answers would lead to different outcomes or paths than the pervert choices. Like the passive choices would lead to a more submissive route and the pervert choices to maybe a more dominant one.

But even if you make only passive choices the relationships with the girls stay the same. Even after making 20+ passive choices you can still be a dom towards the girls. That just does not make sense to me. Also with only passive choices not one of the girls picks up on it.

The mc is passive and submissive as hell but that does not lead to any kind of dom/sub relation with the main girls (except for Susan but she is just a minor part in the story). Also with all the passive choices the MC is still like the only guy on earth, making cringy alphalike jokes. He just thinks with his dick all day long and all the girls are fine with it. Even if he fucks all of them, there is nog jealousy whatsoever.

You are practically forced to have sex with all the girls even if you do not like them. I did not like two charcacters at all but had no choice at all, the game forces you to have sex with them. At one point I choose to have one of the girls as my girlfriend and a few seconds later I am having sex with another girl even after I said I did not want her as my second girlfriend. Like how?

Also at the end you can make a choice and I could not choose my favourite girl? I am pratically throwing myself at her, loving every minute but at the end she is not a possible choice.

This game has a lot going for it but could be so much better. So my rating is 3 stars. I hope the paths that are still being created offer more choice. That maybe your choices actually matter.
  2. 2.00 star(s)

mario1994

For a game that kept its pace up to update 25 or so in which Mc fucked certain Milf which charmed many fans and right after splitting up the story into many alternate endigs.. without her included. Damn.. after getting frustrated by this fact I have seen with clear eyes the shortcomings of this Title.
    - Lack of depth of characters, especially MC seem bleak and without substance
    - General lack of jealousy
    - lack of reason for love and affection from many harem members
    - lack of continuation of story for many characters. After several fucks here and there, many events are skipped and narrated without any renders to show them. Which lives much to desire
    - lack of proper animations, which conclude sex scenes in several renders each. Which Lives MUCH TO DESIRE
    Those were the cons which are the most eyecatching
    The pros are :
    Graphic and models of all characters. Especially Haley and Alice. Both are dream girls/women
    Pretty reasonable story up to the end of Haley side story. After which all reason left dev and let this game became garbage by ending it too abruptly, yet gives Us promise for conclusion in next updates for each character... damn you! No Haley ending is a sin!
  3. 1.00 star(s)

lalelu345

What a way to ruin a good game since you lost interest in it but had to keep the patreon money flowing! A chapter or two before the dev decided to end it all an old character is reintroduced, before that another character makes her appearance who is then used to keep baiting the playerbase just to say nope, this is it.
  4. 5.00 star(s)

Duncanidaho

The renders and 3D work is fantastic in this game. Girls are attractive in casual settings too. Teasing scenes are quality work. Choices are kind of simple there is good and bad points for it. Hard to stop this game easy and fun to play.
  5. 2.00 star(s)

desmosome

Well I couldn't get too far into this one. Stopped somewhere in chapter 8. It's just not very interesting in my opinion.

The dialogue is pretty stiff. It doesn't sound natural at all and the interactions are pretty far fetched. Quite a lot of cringy moments. I mean Eiffel Tower as a nickname is... passable I guess. Not very original or as clever as the characters make it out to be. But then we get into Niagara and Nile... and its just... cringy.

The characters are pretty one dimensional with not a whole lot of depth. Not sure how much more I can expand on that. They are just pretty boring and mostly defined entirely by one characteristic.

The game lacks a main plot to keep players interested. There is nothing going on under the surface other than MC's interactions with these girls.

The model for the sister is quite good, but we are mostly just looking at floating sprites except during scenes. The characters have one single set of clothing and never change.

Music is basically a single mediocre track that loops indefinitely the whole time.

It's just very average all around. If the game has no plot, the characters and dialogues better be spot on to carry it through. Sadly, that's not the case here.
  6. 5.00 star(s)

felisberto

Excellent history, excellent scenes and perfect graphics. Excellent game overall. Waiting for the endings!!!! It could have more scenes with Hailey, Leah and Karina. Nice job guys, keep going!!! Loved the scenes with Melody in the cafe.
  7. 3.00 star(s)

SomeGuyWithNoImagination

Important Note: This review is a modified version of my 0.26 review. As such it doesn't follow my current review format and may not even make sense. I simply do not care enough about this game (see final section) to want to put in the effort of writing a full review. I just want to download another game and forget about this one for a while.

Game Version: 0.27GFU

Game Length: I honestly have no idea. I'll guess about 12 hours up to the ending sequence, reading every dialogue line you'll run across through in one play through. The latest update (ending for one path) was 2 hours.

TL;DR: A game that I once loved but suddenly barreled into an ending with a very lazy method of literally just telling the player to chose a path rather than having them chose it through dialogue choices. I am very disappointed in tat choice.

Renders: They're pretty decent most of the time, but there isn't anything too special. They just don't look like shit in almost all cases. (Dev, if you're reading this: that hotel on the beach has no ceiling.) The game only has a single animation, and it's just a very simple one. While I would have preferred to see more animations, I will not be holding that against the game. However, this game also doesn't have that many renders either. That comes with the advantage of the game being very long for the amount of disk space used, but also the disadvantage of scenes not changing for far longer than I feel they should.

Renders (Characters): The characters actually look really good. You only ever interact with a small handful of characters and all their models look good. The game does swap between the characters being sprites and being baked into the renders a lot, but I think it works and is done pretty well.

Story: It's certainly far from the best story I've ever seen, but it's not bad. I'd say it's sightly above average. The game starts off with you disliking every character (except the step-sister) and as you progress through the story, you start to like each character as they begin to show a side you didn't see when you started. This game's major problem is how linear it is. There are very few choices. Your choices also don't seem to have much impact on the story outside of immediate effects.

Ending (NO SPOILERS): The game made me fucking furious back when I played 0.26 with how that as the story was reaching it's peak, it bailed into a time skip to a long time in the future and you are in a video call with your dad where you chose your ending. After seeing the one ending choice added in the latest update, I believe my anger was very justified. At the time, I felt the game was no more than 3/5s through the story, yet rather than speeding up slowly, it had a few time skips before just skipping to the end. Also while you have a choice in ending, I'd argue that choosing from a list of endings is arguably much worse than just having one ending, or the best call, having it play out in real time through multiple dialogue choices.

My thoughts: I will not be actively following this game's development anymore. I simply don't care. It will go into my archive of games I mark as "completed development" to come back to when it's properly finished. I am not as eager to play through the story nearly as much as I was during the first hours and that is simply sad.
  8. 5.00 star(s)

Ghostredneck

Since the Safer at home orders started ive been looking to find games to take my mind of the nonsence of life. I stumbled onto AVN's and found some Great storys.

This is one of the Great ones. The story and Char's are well written and enjoyable. the story and art were very well done. A truely enjoyable story.
  9. 2.00 star(s)

Krugger

Version: v0.26 GFU

PROS:
    - Good renders of female character models
    - Good sex scenes
    - Have gallery mod / Chapter mod / Extras

CONS:
    - Choice options are bad
    - Boring story

Review:
    There are a lot of positive reviews on this game, because the game is not bad, but I don’t mean it’s good. Some things are good and some are bad, a little unbalanced. To better understand, the game has some things that end up having a low rating, like the options of choices, the history... anyway, there is not much to say.
    History:
    The story begins with the MC's father giving him a large apartment for you and your sepsister because he had to move from country to work. The MC and his stepsister live together for a short time, less than a month and are living together alone. from the moment the game starts, I noticed that the MC's stepsister has a bit of a slut behavior. By the way, most of the history of this game the girls behave a little like sluts and also as if you were the last man in the world, so they all want the MC. I arrived at a moment when I stopped reading the dialogues and followed the script of the story, because I started to lose interest in following, the story is quite boring.
    Gameplay:
    It is a simple VN with bad/awful choices options. Well, you can't really understand the term pacifism and perversion. If you choose pacifism options you will lose some (not much) sexual content, but you will also have submissive options. Perversion is the opposite, you some scenes and will be more dominant. I honestly didn’t see much purpose in that, you’ll notice it because of the dialogues.
    Graphics & Sex Content:
    I thought the regular graphics. The renders of the female character models are good, the sex scenes too. This game only has an animation, it's not bad but it's not a big deal, it's a simple animation, I thought it was good. The sexual content is good, moderately, but there could be a little more, I mean, some characters have a lot more content than others, but that doesn't make it bad. I really liked Karina's model, I expected a little more content from her. Because she is the only model that has a different body, the others have similar bodies.

So, why I gave 2 stars?
    It's a game that I ended up getting bored with in the middle of the story, because there was no excitement to continue.
    The relationship with the characters is a little poorly worked, maybe it’s because there’s no organization of days or weeks, because the game gives you a relationship with Alice, the stepsister of the MC but it also gives you other girls to relate. But that doesn't make the game bad, but for you who like a relationship a little worked, things that make sense, it will be a little missed something. I don't know how to say it, but it's something that you felt that the MC was the hero, that he was a conquering guy and that the girls around didn't act as much as if they were excited. So, the game has good renderings, and also sex scenes. Anyway, it's not a bad game but it's hard for me to keep up with it. So, I saw this game with a little bit of potential, if there was a point-and-click gameplay that we could manage the day and choose the way to go it would be good, that way we could lead a slightly better relationship with Alice and other characters, but I think it doesn't matter that much and maybe it wouldn't make a big difference. Overall, a 2 or 3 star rating is more than fair.
  10. 5.00 star(s)

pokemonnnnn

Started off rough... and by rough I mean I didn't like the first few characters I met (besides the step-sister) and the whole forced 'school' trope. But as the game went on it got a lot more interesting. Characters got better, more likeable, introduction of more girls (side note, gahDAMN is Hailey hot as fuck) and it's setting up for a great ending where you can either choose one relationship or perhaps all.

A few of the girls feel a bit shoehorned in and there aren't too many choices that lead to huge diverting trails in the story, but at least you can choose who you ultimately want so long as you get enough 'points' in that relationship by doing good things. That didn't really make me care as much.

Bonus points for FULL GALLERY OF EVERY SCENE RENDER which should be more commonplace

Well done, anticipating the endings
  11. 5.00 star(s)

saka420

Beautiful renders, each girl is unique is feels amazing, great story. People are complaining that the latest update feels rushed but it fits perfectly with how the story has been progressing. Can't wait for the next updates for each character ending path.
  12. 5.00 star(s)

Walkeree

This game is a huge surprise when the famous ones are not updating, I found it. No words can describe my love to it,

the girls' face, boobs, ass, waist design are masterpieces, each one can be a central girl character in a popular game, but this game has collected them ALL, damn, how perfect it is.

and the script shows that the developers are very funny, the MC jokes all the time which are good ones, I even learnt how to talk to girls in a funny way from this game

but lack of animated CG is quite a loss, but I won't demand more since what the game has given, damn, again, THE GIRLS ARE SO FUCKING HOT!!!!!!

the music is sad though, I hope it won't end tragically, or my heart will break:cry::cry::cry:
  13. 2.00 star(s)

Maduck187

Just updating this review that went from a 5 to a 2
    You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

I mean I'm honestly just disappointed, because the story started to go downhill right after
    You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
    and just went south from there. In the end I was only playing the updates for the endings and though this game still has great renders and hot babes it ultimately falls short.
  14. 3.00 star(s)

Shankzilla

The renders are great, the characters are funny. There isn't much animation, so you're stuck looking at the same image while clicking through lots of dialogue. But the dialogue is pretty well done, very few errors that I came across.

Was on track to give it a 4 out of 5 until the Aunt character showed up. It's one of those terrible plot twists that makes no sense, and no one acts or responds to it normally. People move into your house without notice, live there for 2 days without announcing their presence, and somehow you miss that entirely. Ok..sure. When you do find out they live there, you don't even confront them, you just go to sleep and put it off for another day....Nope. New person starts immediately prying into your life and forcing you into uncomfortable situations, and you just accept it....Hell No!

I get that all games require the suspension of disbelief to some extent. There are other plot holes in the game that I was willing to overlook but the Aunt twist absolutely feels forced and that ended things for me. I hate drama created simply for the sake of having drama. Put some effort into it and make it make sense. Make characters that react to it like real people might. That in turn will make more likable characters with real agency over their lives. Not pushovers who accept every half-assed bad thing that happens to them.
  15. 5.00 star(s)

Frankline

Realy love it. Good plot, always goes to action. Your choice do the difference. Graphic and charecters great, all they difference and all looks good. It's perfect game for faping, you can concentrate, dont waste time on useless clicking and just spend time with plesuare
  16. 3.00 star(s)

Deleted member 435834

Reviewed Version - [v0.25 GFU]

Pros
    • Great renders: - Pretty obvious.
    • Not a cock-tease: - Has multiple sex scenes.
    • Performance: - Performs pretty clean with minimal bugs.
    Cons
    • Story: - Story is pretty generic with the MC being treated as the only man in the world.
    • No animations: - The game has no animations.
    HOTNESS SCALE: 7.6 out 10 on the hotness scale.

Conclusion
    This game is good, but it's nothing to write home about. I used to love this game back in fall 2018, but now it feels outdated and the story feels like it should've ended by now.

The Dev keeps stretching the game for far longer than its elastic limit.
    All good things need an end, but the Dev doesn't seem to quite understand that, I suppose.
  17. 4.00 star(s)

Hazeti

So this started off with the old trope of step siblings starting to have the hots for each other but slowly as more chapters came out it has turned into something much better. There aren't a lot of animations , the background renders are average at best BUT the character renders are some of the best I have seen and I make that statement after having played games like being a dik , city of broken dreamers and so on. The ladies in this game can easily compete with the best in terms of looks.

The game also has this very melancholic soundtrack that for some odd reason reminds me of quantic dreams heavy rain lol but the game as a whole is not somber in it's tone. The real highlight are the characters and the writing. They are genuinely believable and the banter that takes place between them is witty and funny especially for the character Melody. She stands out from the entire cast of characters and in a very good way.

From a technical standpoint I personally haven't had any issues with saves or crashes. The only gripe I have is that it's been fairly linear with choice progressions in the later chapters but that might change with future updates. As it stands now imo it's a must play and as of version 0.24 it has a fairly large chunk of content. I also recommend the new players to grab the walkthrough for the early chapters and for some of the later chapters as they contained more choices with impact towards the story
  18. 4.00 star(s)

akikospam74

v0.24

Visuals: A-
    Renders are great, girls are very cute, lighting seems natural and the overall quality of locations/objects is good. However, no animations.

Story: B-
    It's not bad per se, but it seems a little uneventful. A bit more conflicts would make it more interesting. It's just too... standard... "A guy goes to college and stuff happen in his everyday life"

Characters: B
    Likeable characters. A bit of variety in personalities among them.. Also, MC is not a total douche and/or creep like in some games... Some negatives tho: Lack of male characters is not realistic (seriously, it's there's not a single dude in the whole game other than the MC lol), and all the female characters act so nonchalant and casual about the fact that they're all having a sexual relationship with MC even though they're best friends (Leah and Alice) or related (Leah and Karina), pretty unlikely (to say the least) that none of them would be jealous or something like that.

Dialogues: A-
    They look natural for the most part. Some humor here and there too, which makes the whole thing more enjoyable.

Choices: D
    Looks like you can't really choose things and change the story path, and that sucks. For instance, from the start I didn't want to have anything to do with Karina, but here I am, eating her pussy in a public park, after I literally had just selected the option that I wanted to think about having a secret relationship with her like she suggested... Very frustrating stuff

Sounds: C-
    Nothing much about it, but just the fact that it isn't a completely mute game is already a big plus. But could have some sound effects or different background music depending on what's happening

Overall score: 7.5/10

Solid game so far.. Wish we had more control over the story path tho
  19. 3.00 star(s)

oysterkeeper

Edit: Loved the game but the recent updates have really let itself down. Cannot help but feel that the game was rushed and it lost the charm that made me love it in the past.

~
    This is one of my favorite games. It has a few minor issues but I feel the mostly natural way characters interact and how beautiful and funny the characters are makes up for this and then some.

I'll start with my few issues with the game; I think the game doesn't offer choices at all for the most part, only the illusion of it. It isn't necessarily a big problem it just seems strange to offer these "choices" that don't really do much at all. The game also has some awkward dialogues at times which don't entirely sync with some of your conversations based on your choices. The last and probably most worrying issue, is that one of the characters comes back and is blackmailing the MC. I hope it doesn't go too far and detract from my enjoyment.

The things that make me love the game is just how awesome the characters are. I feel the MC is pretty funny and the interactions with his friends and LI's feels mostly natural, charismatic, silly at times. It just feels right and feels good to me.

The girls are a perfect mixture of cute, hot, innocent, alluring, sexy. They all just hit the right notes for me and I really enjoy all of them in their own ways. They are all relatively different from each other and it makes the game believable to me. I also think the way that you can simultaneously have relationships with all the characters works surprisingly well and it's nice to be able to freely pursue each of them without repercussion as of now.

Like I said, this game pretty much just hits all the right notes for me. It doesn't have a tremendously good story, it isn't heart grasping and intense, it is just a mostly relaxing and feel-good type of game for me thus far. And I can't help but appreciate that.

Definitely try the game, I think it is one of the best around.
  20. 2.00 star(s)

Vechernyaya

There is a serious lack of choices in this game, whatever you choose, you'll only have minor variation, but everything will still play mainly in the same way. Sometime the game ask you make a choice just to discard it a few lines later. An exemple among many : I'm not intersted in a girl, the game force me to have sex with her (you are constantly forced to have sex with everyone in this game), and the girl ask me how it was, there is a choice to tell her that it could have been better, but when you select that, the MC tells her just after that this is a joke and it's the best sex he ever had...
    Also, being nice is different from being submissive.
    Lastely, all the main female heroine have the same body type, and it's only late in the game that a petite girl and a monster tits appears, but it's too late and too little (and half satisfying since i'm in petite girl and absolutely not interested in monster tits), so in the end I'm bored with this game and I'm dropping it.