• We will be performing maintenance to upgrade some of our forum tools. During this time, the site will remain online, but you may encounter some errors until the maintenance is complete. The report and search functions will be unavailable until the maintenance is complete.

Maintenance is expected to last up to 4 hours.

The maintenance window will start on Thursday, 2024/07/04, at: 1:00 PM GMT / 3:00 PM CEST / 9:00 AM EDT / 6:00 AM PDT / 12:00 AM AEDT

Thank you for your patience.
3.30 star(s) 3 Votes
Mar 9, 2021
ive been wanting to make an HTML game for a while and this game seems like the kinda game i would have been shooting for. i've seen other people take over abandoned projects... does anyone know how i might take over this one and start developing it myself? i think i'd rather build on someone else's groundwork rather than start a game from scratch...

LeakAngel

Milk junky
Donor
Jun 20, 2018
ive been wanting to make an HTML game for a while and this game seems like the kinda game i would have been shooting for. i've seen other people take over abandoned projects... does anyone know how i might take over this one and start developing it myself? i think i'd rather build on someone else's groundwork rather than start a game from scratch...
Hey, I'm no dev but if I might put some salt in this soup, here's my grain: Starting from scratch will be so much more gratifying for you when you achieve your goals ;)

Aside from that, taking over a project is a good way to get shit done and keep going, so why not? Take note that this game was the first one of the dev so his work may or may not have flaws in terms of coding. But hey, it's still work.

I'd say you can start by asking the dev of this game if he'd be ok with you redoing it and if he'd be willing to hand you over the files. We never know :')

3.30 star(s) 3 Votes