gojira667

Sep 9, 2019
The videos use a lot of CPU on decode/playback. Free up more CPU by closing your browser in particular plus anything else that's eating up cycles. Of course if your CPU is shitty enough, like mine, that won't be enough.

You can try a custom built ffmpeg MMX enabled Ren'Py lib/ for either Linux or Windows. Caveat is I built it without any of the SDKs. YMMV. ashitanojoe

Linux users may need to rename FreshWomen-pc/lib/py2-linux-x86_64/renpy to FreshWomen-pc/lib/py2-linux-x86_64/FreshWomen.
Windows users do nothing :WaitWhat: or possibly rename & move FreshWomen-pc/lib/py2-windows-x86_64/renpy.exe to FreshWomen-pc/FreshWomen.exe. ¯\_ (ツ)_/¯
Custom lib - MMX enabled, but no SDKs (7.5.x) [Linux/Win]

Download (21.2 meg)

Episode 5 Lily scene features some vp9 videos with needlessly high bitrates. It was too much for my CPU even with the MMX enabled lib. I transcoded them to vp8 at crf 12 and max bitrate of 23552K. :unsure: Don't know if either benifits being that high at 1080P...
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
SHA256:
abd5c76c686c5cb61b96c4d9145f95af29dbb595b39dffa9821a8bc0b73e15e7 renpy-7.5.3-noSDKs-mmx.zip

Last edited:

crank88

Oct 8, 2022
I hope you love the game. My team put a lot of sweat, tears, and blood for 11 months to bring this game to you.

I need funding to complete this project.

If you can’t afford to pledge on Patreon, you can still show support by liking or reviewing the game.

Cheers
Is there a way I can donate a set amount to have access to all future updates? Happy to pay for good content!

ashitanojoe

Oct 20, 2019
Is there a way I can donate a set amount to have access to all future updates? Happy to pay for good content!
From official FAQ:

How can I download Episode 6 Beta 50?
How much do I need to pay for Episode 6 Beta 50?
How lifetime contribution is calculated?
If I pay for Episode 6 Beta 50, will I have to pay again for Episode 6 Beta 100?

Reactions: crank88

ashitanojoe

Oct 20, 2019
The videos use a lot of CPU on decode/playback. Free up more CPU by closing your browser in particular plus anything else that's eating up cycles. Of course if your CPU is shitty enough, like mine, that won't be enough.

You can try a custom built ffmpeg MMX enabled Ren'Py lib/ for either Linux or Windows. Caveat is I built it without any of the SDKs. YYMV. ashitanojoe

Linux users may need to rename FreshWomen-pc/lib/py2-linux-x86_64/renpy to FreshWomen-pc/lib/py2-linux-x86_64/FreshWomen.
Windows users do nothing :WaitWhat: or possibly rename & move FreshWomen-pc/lib/py2-windows-x86_64/renpy.exe to FreshWomen-pc/FreshWomen.exe. ¯\_ (ツ)_/¯
Custom lib - MMX enabled, but no SDKs [Linux/Win]

Download (21.2 meg)

Episode 5 Lily scene features some vp9 videos with needlessly high bitrates. It was too much for my CPU even with the MMX enabled lib. I transcoded them to vp8 at crf 12 and max bitrate of 23552K. :unsure: Don't know if either benifits being that high at 1080P...
SHA256:
abd5c76c686c5cb61b96c4d9145f95af29dbb595b39dffa9821a8bc0b73e15e7 renpy-7.5.3-noSDKs-mmx.zip
Thank you very much. I will try it.

crank88

Oct 8, 2022
From official FAQ:

How can I download Episode 6 Beta 50?
How much do I need to pay for Episode 6 Beta 50?
How lifetime contribution is calculated?
If I pay for Episode 6 Beta 50, will I have to pay again for Episode 6 Beta 100?
Thank you for the reply. However, I'd like to pay a set amount ($20-$50) to just have permanent access to any updates. Is that currently possible, or planned? Again, thanks bro!

ashitanojoe

Oct 20, 2019
Thank you for the reply. However, I'd like to pay a set amount ($20-$50) to just have permanent access to any updates. Is that currently possible, or planned? Again, thanks bro!
No. If you buy one of the updates (that's like $17 in patreon), the next updates are 'free' (at least the next one), but you need to be a patron in the moment you want the new update, that's, at least, 2 dollars.

crank88

Oct 8, 2022
No. If you buy one of the updates (that's like $17 in patreon), the next updates are 'free' (at least the next one), but you need to be a patron in the moment you want the new update, that's, at least, 2 dollars.
Exactly the answer I was looking for, thank you! I will buy the full game when it is released.

Reactions: botc76

ashitanojoe

Oct 20, 2019
Exactly the answer I was looking for, thank you! I will buy the full game when it is released.
Currently, if you buy one update, you are getting the whole game so far, 5 episodes (full season 1) and the half of the 6. There's a long way for the complete game, it will have several seasons and only the first season has been finished so far. The second season is expected to be finished late 2024.

ashitanojoe

Oct 20, 2019

You can try a custom built ffmpeg MMX enabled Ren'Py lib/ for either Linux or Windows. Caveat is I built it without any of the SDKs. YYMV. ashitanojoe

Custom lib - MMX enabled, but no SDKs [Linux/Win]

Download (21.2 meg)

SHA256:
It works great, thank you again. No more lag anymore :)

Feb 11, 2019
What's with the downloads, I see that full (first download) is about 11gbs while HD and HD 4k are less is there something I'm missing or are the other files extra files that make the game has 4k textures?

KokoMarley

Dec 25, 2019
[VN] [Ren'Py] FreshWomen [Season 1, Episode 1-6 Beta 50% (153)] [Oppai-Man] [MinQ, MyRepack-YAC]

Original size: 11.49GB
Repack size: 0.98GB

PC = / PixelDrain /

Click LIKE (y) if you find my post useful ;)
Tested use Joiplay (android)
Just to confirmed, lot missing pictures from the starting play it.

Use latest joiplay,plugins

ashitanojoe

Oct 20, 2019
does part 4 contain ep5 ? or must i download the whole version to play ep5?
You must download the whole version. The episodes aren't separated.
What's with the downloads, I see that full (first download) is about 11gbs while HD and HD 4k are less is there something I'm missing or are the other files extra files that make the game has 4k textures?
The dev is doing now two versions of the game: HD and 4k (same content, different quality). The first file, 11 gb, has both versions included. The other ones seem to have the respective version alone, but I don't know if those are official.
is there supposed to be a lewd scene with Chloe in beta?
No, just the nurse.

Son of Durin

Engaged Member
Jul 5, 2021
The dev is doing now two versions of the game: HD and 4k (same content, different quality). The first file, 11 gb, has both versions included. The other ones seem to have the respective version alone, but I don't know if those are official.
I asked if this could be done a couple of days ago. Don't know if that's why, or if it was already in the works, but glad to see it. I'm back to willing to play this one again. The 11Gb was just too much, and is why I'm waiting for another VN which is nearing completion to just do its finale - it's already over 10Gb and I figure I'll just wait another year-ish, download it once and play it through.

Kassan06969

Apr 14, 2022
I asked if this could be done a couple of days ago. Don't know if that's why, or if it was already in the works, but glad to see it. I'm back to willing to play this one again. The 11Gb was just too much, and is why I'm waiting for another VN which is nearing completion to just do its finale - it's already over 10Gb and I figure I'll just wait another year-ish, download it once and play it through.
Not really. The HD is STILL over 5GB AND compressed. Waiting for a non-beta anyway. Last one was 4.53 GB and NOT compressed.

Saguaro28

Jan 22, 2021
I've made a Walkthrough/Scene gallery for this game

Edit: Updated for version 0.5.100
  • Removed scene gallery (Dev added his own)
  • Split scene and image galleries into 2 separate menus
  • Unlocked all scenes/images

Features:
  • Highlighted text green that gives points/leads to scenes
  • Added "Unlock all" button to the gallery
  • Added A scene gallery to the quick menu
  • Added a "CHEATS" button to the bottom right corner
Installation:
  1. Merge the "game" folder from the mod with the one from the "Fresh women" folder

Download: PIXELDRAIN MEGA

does it work on the new version?

kekyoinhunter

Jun 25, 2020
I don't doubt that. But purely only rendering in 4k prolongs development by several months. Ocean should render in 2k then use AI upscaling for 4k. As you can mass-bulk edit many images and it would only take an hour, or so, to upscale 1000+ images - The quality would be exatly the same as if they rendered at 4k (AI upscaling is God-tier level software). Then you will have a quicker release schedule and reasonable download sizes. Deploy the 2k variant and 4k variant simultaneously then everyone would be happy. The processes some Devs utilise is absolutely mind boggling.

I used to game at 4k. Looks nice but went back to 2k - I like my games to look good and have a crazy high fps. Which you can do with a 4k g-card on a 2k monitor!
This game is literally static pictures and videos, there is no reason to have a crazy high fps. Creating in 4K prolongs the rendering time, yes, but it does not prolong it by *several months*, what proof do you have to back up this claim? Most of the time spent was on porting things to blender, learning new tools, and by the quality of the renders we've seen, I say that it is totally worth it. The game's story isn't anything to write home about, so the dev is putting time to improving the game's main selling point: the beautiful renders. Once they are used to the new tools, development progress will speed up back to a reasonable pace.

Regardless, the right thing to do is to render at 4K and and then release both the 4K and the HD version (downscaled from all the 4K images/videos), that means the HD version will look even better due to the inherent benefits of downscaling, and those without the hardware can still enjoy the product.

Last edited:
4.50 star(s) 546 Votes