Dark Silence

Conversation Conqueror
Jul 17, 2021
Maybe it is just me, but is anyone else having issues with the taboo patch? It worked earlier, saved and closed the game. Opened it later (no updates or anything) and it now stopped working when loading the save.
The patch file is still set to "TRUE" so any help would be appreciated
Try hittin shift+r ingame. That will reload the scripts.

Apr 30, 2023
I have played the game as it has developed, and I have complained about Nicki in the past. But I think the developer could make Nicki a better character by adding another choice at the beginning.

When Nicki comes to you place to ask for money, she comes dressed in fishnets (even the MC comments on this), so she expects the MC to want something for the money or she was told to dress sexy by her boyfriend? Well anyway, if you pick no strings attached and offer her the money, then she comes on to you and you have a lewd scene with her. (no choice)

This is the point that a choice of not having a lewd scene with her would be better for the character. See the MC has also commented that he admired her loyalty even though he does not like her boyfriend. But without a choice, you have sex with her and now she has guilt and she is now a cheater.

I myself have done all the different choices with her.. nice, mean, and nothing. I usually pick nothing and never have sex with her. As I don't like cheaters, because if they will cheat with you... they can cheat on you as well. Can't trust them. Also after the first time with her, she ghosted you for 3 months, not a word until she shows up again wanting help. And she claims to be your friend.... not a very good friend if you ask me.

Well anyway, this is not a complaint about the game, just a suggestions on how I think Nicki could be better with a simple choice at beginning.

peace.
Her boyfriend does not care about Nikki that much , at least that is the impresion i got after playing the game 3 times from 0 ,if he did cared about her he would not have exploit her and ask her to come to us (MC ) for help, actually that guy is so stupid that he has the nerve to tell her : "go to MC because he made his money from bitcoin because i gave him the info and that means that he owes me his forture"Yet he knows that mc is in love with Nikki and even had a friendly relationship with her so he wants to exploit that based on the love mc has for Nikki ,as for the cheating part ,sure you have a point but on the other side does Nikki love that guy really???she does seem to feel guilty about it but i am not sure if she is conflicted emotionally or what...

NeonGhosts

Game Developer
Mar 20, 2019
Maybe it is just me, but is anyone else having issues with the taboo patch? It worked earlier, saved and closed the game. Opened it later (no updates or anything) and it now stopped working when loading the save.
The patch file is still set to "TRUE" so any help would be appreciated
The patch is incompatible with the Vanilla version of the game distributed on Patreon, so make sure you have the right version of the game. I'm hoping to iron out some of these problems with the Chapter One relaunch, but for now I'm stuck in this weird place where I'm building and distributing Friends in Need on SubStar, and Friends Indeed on Patreon, which has led to a lot of confusion.

I have played the game as it has developed, and I have complained about Nicki in the past. But I think the developer could make Nicki a better character by adding another choice at the beginning.

When Nicki comes to you place to ask for money, she comes dressed in fishnets (even the MC comments on this), so she expects the MC to want something for the money or she was told to dress sexy by her boyfriend? Well anyway, if you pick no strings attached and offer her the money, then she comes on to you and you have a lewd scene with her. (no choice)

This is the point that a choice of not having a lewd scene with her would be better for the character. See the MC has also commented that he admired her loyalty even though he does not like her boyfriend. But without a choice, you have sex with her and now she has guilt and she is now a cheater.

I myself have done all the different choices with her.. nice, mean, and nothing. I usually pick nothing and never have sex with her. As I don't like cheaters, because if they will cheat with you... they can cheat on you as well. Can't trust them. Also after the first time with her, she ghosted you for 3 months, not a word until she shows up again wanting help. And she claims to be your friend.... not a very good friend if you ask me.

Well anyway, this is not a complaint about the game, just a suggestions on how I think Nicki could be better with a simple choice at beginning.

peace.
Appreciate the feedback! As has been pointed out, I'm planning to fully rework Chapter One, and address a lot of this. When I started making the game, I wasn't even sure if it'd get past the first chapter. I kind of planned it so I could just have it be a one-and-done, if it didn't really catch on. So, I didn't see the point in making sex optional for a sex game. Additionally, I had initially envisioned MC and Nicki as more like work friends than good friends, so it made a little more sense that she'd approach MC for money. With the way Nicki's evolved, I think a lot of her characterization in Chapter One's now a bit out of character. Looking forward to rectifying that!

Tatsuya2022

Apr 5, 2023
10 to 12 updates after, and the developer still keep trolling/ghosting the little sis, guess 1 year more for her to spawn,

and he keep adding *original characters * guess developer want to cater/please a more huge audience/players , too many branches with some of the chars too *2 or 3 suffice ( but watching the code and running x51 , is like 5 to 8 paths sometimes)

should do a poll , and BET the most voted ( and asked to update paths ) FiN_Cover_2.png

thats is already a 8 lis workload ( go look around and see how many good and really decent games have that number of lis) no so many - now if you add the other 5 girls , puuf 2030 and thats is a even. Or he doing a half baked ending or going Mia , the % of this getting a good and decent endings is no so much

should put more time and work on those 6 to 8 lis , and no going around spawning a new li each update. (NO with so many branches and options as he is doing)

should have saved pain and suffering ( time and work ) and even be decent doing only 2 paths seduction and corruption , no a spider web on which he will get entangled sooner than later, and shove to us a half backed release.

Scyths

Mar 18, 2019
Quick question, I noticed that I hadn't yet played version 0.57, I was still on 0.55 so I played it just now. I have to ask though, what are these 3 possible sex scenes that the Changelog is talking about ? Because I didn't notice anything new ? Only one I'm not sure of is going to Nicki's place, if that was already available in 0.55 or not, because I didn't choose that option in my playthrough.

Thanks.

Dessolos

Forum Fanatic
Jul 25, 2017
Quick question, I noticed that I hadn't yet played version 0.57, I was still on 0.55 so I played it just now. I have to ask though, what are these 3 possible sex scenes that the Changelog is talking about ? Because I didn't notice anything new ? Only one I'm not sure of is going to Nicki's place, if that was already available in 0.55 or not, because I didn't choose that option in my playthrough.

Thanks.
Nicki has 2 I believe depending if you are her love path or one where you are more rough with her , which can be what I refer to the asshole path or the dark path as long as you dont make her leave for good. I think the only difference is anal or not I forget. Then there is a dark path 1 with Ashe where you make her give you a BJ if you drug her. I'm a bit uncertain if you have to assault her in the alley in CH 2 to get this scene or not.

Reactions: PHIL101-YYouPPHard

hexkitty01

Jan 19, 2021
This is the point that a choice of not having a lewd scene with her would be better for the character
Honestly, I'd like there to be a "no lewd" option here too. Yeah the dialogue after hat would need rewriting, but one thing I like to do in this game is NO intimacy, ALWAYS the most gentlemanly dialogue options. Sometimes. Usually I pick one (and only one) girl in the story to get with and tell the others to begone.

Reactions: Nezron

Scyths

Mar 18, 2019
Nicki has 2 I believe depending if you are her love path or one where you are more rough with her , which can be what I refer to the asshole path or the dark path as long as you dont make her leave for good. I think the only difference is anal or not I forget. Then there is a dark path 1 with Ashe where you make her give you a BJ if you drug her. I'm a bit uncertain if you have to assault her in the alley in CH 2 to get this scene or not.
The Nicki ones all right because I'm not sure if those were there before, but I'm like 99% confident that the blowjob before the camera where she barfs was there in 0.55 too because I remember getting that scene in one of the 2 playthroughs I'm doing.

Dessolos

Forum Fanatic
Jul 25, 2017
The Nicki ones all right because I'm not sure if those were there before, but I'm like 99% confident that the blowjob before the camera where she barfs was there in 0.55 too because I remember getting that scene in one of the 2 playthroughs I'm doing.
The blowjob one is new as well, as the update prior to this ends at night time or whatever. The dark path BJ from Ashe happens the next day in the morning, which is where the update starts , assuming you didn't end on Nicki's path. If there was another Dark path BJ the night before where she barfs like you said ( in the previous update) I didn't see it cause I only drugged her and went to sleep , when I played a dark path to check it out , as I always control skip past the dark path lewds anyways anytime I play a dark path save.

resgar

Mar 15, 2020
I want to save Viola, i dont care about other golddigger bitches and jailbait brats. Gib me mo Viola, pajalusta. Ok, mb Carolina too but Viola 1st.

Also thx to dev, keep it up. Will follow for updates

robrize2169

Oct 8, 2022
i found a fun program to play with where i can swap my face onto pics that i want to make look better. so i took a screenshot of Guy, one of the fugliest dudes in VN history and made him look much better..feel free to change his face in game Neonghosts. you have my permission to use my likeness. free of charge since i play your game free of charge too.
without further fanfare..Guy looks much better with his new face..though his hair could do with some work. Friends In Need - page 9.png

Joshy92

Conversation Conqueror
Mar 25, 2021
I sometimes fantasise about raising a family with Nicki.
We would live in a nice house with a white picket fence in a quiet neighbourhood and have a couple of beautiful children.
If I was Guy and I had to choose between all my money or being in a happy relationship with Nicki, I would choose Nicki every time.

Dessolos

Forum Fanatic
Jul 25, 2017
I sometimes fantasise about raising a family with Nicki.
We would live in a nice house with a white picket fence in a quiet neighbourhood and have a couple of beautiful children.
If I was Guy and I had to choose between all my money or being in a happy relationship with Nicki, I would choose Nicki every time.
lol you know what's funny the first time I played this when Nicki moved out all I can think about was how I want to take Nicki buy a house just for the 2 of us and live together and forget all about the charity but then there wouldnt be much of a game lol.

• Yay, new update!
Reactions: Joshy92

Ragnar

Super User
Respected User
Aug 5, 2016
Yeah, I fantasise about recording some lesbian action between Brit and Peeper while Nicks sucks my pp :HideThePain:

• I just jizzed my pants
Reactions: Joshy92

???????????

Jun 12, 2018
So will I need to see the cam girl choice if I wish to get the pepper route or will there be a way to get in her route later on. Hearing that she might be the femdom romance sounds like a Li for me to see.

SlapE

Dec 4, 2022
So will I need to see the cam girl choice if I wish to get the pepper route or will there be a way to get in her route later on. Hearing that she might be the femdom romance sounds like a Li for me to see.
I believe you will be able to get on her route regardless, viewing her initial camgirl stuff just gives you some extra information, and perhaps some dialogue differences down the line. If I'm wrong please feel free to correct me NeonGhosts.

4.60 star(s) 177 Votes