• To improve security, we will soon start forcing password resets for any account that uses a weak password on the next login. If you have a weak password or a defunct email, please update it now to prevent future disruption.

ename144

Engaged Member
Sep 20, 2018
In Chapter 8, if you turned down Brittani in the loft, and were nice during the photo shoot, she's happier to see you, less nervous, etc. and she flirts a bit by showing off her work uniform.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Is it a lot? No. But, it's appreciably different than if you were more aggressive with her, and it hints that she'll be warmer to you. You know, like you may want in a romantic relationship. But, she's also not super cold to you if you did take her up on her offer. She just clearly feels a bit awkward about it.

I'm just going to skip over complaints about certain girls getting an outsized amount of time, because here's some other characters that have gotten the same complaint: Nicki, Ashe, Gabby, Viola, Pepper, Risa, Carolina, Madison, and actually literally every character in the game.

As for lol at the shop content, that was a late, unplanned addition in order to give Brittani fans a little content, since we hadn't seen her in a little while, and I figured I could tee up her next appearance. It's not uncommon for me to be working through an update only to realize, "Hey, this character would fit in really well, here.." and then I end up writing and rendering an extra scene. It happened in Chapter 6 with Mason, Chapter 7 with Risa, Chapter 8 with Brittani, and Chapter 9 with Pepper. Then, the schedule slips. But, I don't add these scenes, without thinking they'll benefit the story as a whole.

And it seems like that 'story as a whole' idea is something people keep having trouble with. Things happen in the story.. Because the story needs those things to happen. Risa was, initially, just planned as a foil to Carolina. Fun and free-spirited, to Carolina's uptight and rigid. Then, I realized she could work as a viewpoint character into some of the shady things MC keeps brushing up against. So, she took on some more screentime, to move the plot forward in a more interesting way.

Other characters who were never planned for, but wound up being pretty important: Ashe, Carolina, Brittani, Pepper, Viola, Wren..

I mean, I'm not really sure what to say here. It's a story. Characters show up when they have something to do, and they're not around when they don't. When they don't have interesting things to do, someone else gets center stage for a bit. I just don't get it, honestly. Do people get mad when they're reading A Storm of Swords and they get to a character POV they dislike?

"UGH, FUCK! Fucking Tarly. I'll just skip this one and go to the next Tyrion chapter -- such bullshit!"

I mean, do you want to go check in with Gabby? Okay.
  • mc"Hey Gabby, how are you?"
  • gb"Still mad at you. I'm waiting for a major plot development to occur, which will allow me to forgive you."
  • mc"Oh, cool. I bet we'll do that when I see you in Chapter 10."
  • gb"Bet."
Oh, here's Brittani.
  • mc"Brittani, what's up?"
  • bri"Uh, I just saw you today. I'm currently at work. I assume I'll see you tomorrow, or the next day? To audition for the part? But, it'd be helpful if you knew anyone with a Slavic accent to help me with the role."
  • mc"Wow! Shockingly, I do! I'll just need to see her in Chapter 10, to tee that up."
  • bri"Great, see you after that."

Now, for people who want to complain about the schedule, et al. -- go look at the date this thread launched. March 30th, a bit over two years ago.

Since then I've done: 8,687 images, eight full chapters, a Halloween update, and an April Fool's update. Oh, and I did The Student Loan during that time, which had another 189 images. All of which needed to be written, coded, and playtested, by someone who didn't know how to code or use Daz, before starting this. Add to that juggling my community, trying to navigate through the changing whims of payment processors, having a life, and working my real job, and I think I'm doing okay.

I'm not going to sit here and defend my work ethic, because quite frankly it speaks for itself. I don't like to compare myself to other devs, but there are teams of two or three devs, people who do this for an actual living, who don't put out as much work as I do by myself.

And despite this, I get to deal with people telling me, literally since Chapter One, that the plot branches have clearly spun out of control, and I'll never be able to manage it. Yet somehow I'm still here, putting out releases every four months, and moving the story forward. Two years in! There are TV shows that run for five, six, seven years or more. Fuck, Spider-Man's been published since the 60s.

It's serial storytelling. It takes time.

If you feel you can do better, I make all the Daz files for my characters available in the fanart thread. Have at it! I look forward to playing your much better game.
I've said before that I do not question your work ethic and I stand by that. The rate at which you produce not only content, but high quality content, is fantastic. The question is, as you say, about the big picture, and personally I don't find your Storm of Swords analogy all that reassuring. There's a lot to be gained by having a broad focus and big vibrant world, no question. I can't help but notice, however, that by tinkering with his basic storyline to add lots of extra content for side characters, Martin created such a tangled mess that he's spent over a decade trying to sort things out and there's no end in sight. Frankly it seems unlikely he'll ever finish the series.

I don't want that to happen to this game. So if I seem to be complaining about you or your work, please understand it is never meant as a slight. This game has nearly limitless potential, but we're all only mortal. IMHO, sometimes seeing the big picture means cutting a little of the potential short so you can actually capitalize on the rest.

Last edited:

Joshy92

Devoted Member
Mar 25, 2021
First of all I always appreciate it when devs take the time to interact with the communities here and especially when its as in depth as this!

This discussion was never about the numbers you pull, no one is denying you are consistently a workhorse, this was from day one a discussion about the structure of the updates and the story pace, especially relationship wise. Imo, 'the everyone waits their turn' is the worst way possible and its not unique to your game at all, its just this was the game I cared enough to post about it. Couple it with your second by second following Guy's life and you are left with a guarantee section of your fanbase always displeased with how many updates they have to wait until they see their waifus again. This time it was me and my kind.

Despite being too stubborn to agree with us, you yourself took measures to combat this(maybe subconsciously :Kappa:), you talked about timeskips instead of following every second of Guy's life that and more mini scenes like the Brittani one( which didn't work for me personally, I already elaborated why
, but absolutely works in general.). Honestly, just to keep in touch with the characters will do wonders for how the episodic nature of the game feels for every corner of the fanbase.

Because how it is right now I can play a game that updates once a year but makes sure to give some attention to each LI, no matter how brief, or skip FIN until I play 3 updates at a time, similar wait time, same, or more total renders in yours and odds are that I would still have zero content with my favorite since only half of ingame days have passed and 'why would I see the girl again so soon?', 'Why would Gabby get over it in half a day?.'

With timeskips, you can more easily explain why LI can pop in the story more often without it fucking too much with the main story flow. It would also help if the game was not strictly POV, just a few renders of them doing their thing it will be something rather than completely missing from the game for 3-4 chapters in a row.

My bad, so its 3 updates in a row she has screen time, not 2. I wonder why my dislike of the slutty brat that needs to be saved from herself archetype has turned into full blown hatred for her character :rolleyes::Kappa:

pretty much, since she is now tied with the alleged main plot we can look forward to more and more unavoidable scenes the MC gets dragged into... View attachment 3617016

Now, honest question, was the new villain planned from the start, because I assumed the bad guys will be Jamie, Brent and maybe the people that he owed money to, or is he YET another new character to pile on? And if you planned it from the start, do you think it was a good narrative choice to introduce him 8 chapters in? :unsure:

No offense taken, you can go even harder if the rules allow it, I rather people talk it out, regardless of tone, than devs keeping frustrations with folks her bottled until they can't take it anymore and decide to leave the platform in fear of not looking unprofessional, or some other stupid notion like that.

TL, DR, Please no more new characters, cringy streamers, characters unnecessarily getting upgraded to series regulars, 10 versions of jumping between blackmail and rape routes and MOAR Brittani! Hopefully before chapter 11.

I kind of disagree about Risa how is she a slutty brat? Has she been with many guys?

Dr.Slime

Nov 15, 2022
First of all I always appreciate it when devs take the time to interact with the communities here and especially when its as in depth as this!

This discussion was never about the numbers you pull, no one is denying you are consistently a workhorse, this was from day one a discussion about the structure of the updates and the story pace, especially relationship wise. Imo, 'the everyone waits their turn' is the worst way possible and its not unique to your game at all, its just this was the game I cared enough to post about it. Couple it with your second by second following Guy's life and you are left with a guarantee section of your fanbase always displeased with how many updates they have to wait until they see their waifus again. This time it was me and my kind.

Despite being too stubborn to agree with us, you yourself took measures to combat this(maybe subconsciously :Kappa:), you talked about timeskips instead of following every second of Guy's life that and more mini scenes like the Brittani one( which didn't work for me personally, I already elaborated why
, but absolutely works in general.). Honestly, just to keep in touch with the characters will do wonders for how the episodic nature of the game feels for every corner of the fanbase.

Because how it is right now I can play a game that updates once a year but makes sure to give some attention to each LI, no matter how brief, or skip FIN until I play 3 updates at a time, similar wait time, same, or more total renders in yours and odds are that I would still have zero content with my favorite since only half of ingame days have passed and 'why would I see the girl again so soon?', 'Why would Gabby get over it in half a day?.'

With timeskips, you can more easily explain why LI can pop in the story more often without it fucking too much with the main story flow. It would also help if the game was not strictly POV, just a few renders of them doing their thing it will be something rather than completely missing from the game for 3-4 chapters in a row.

My bad, so its 3 updates in a row she has screen time, not 2. I wonder why my dislike of the slutty brat that needs to be saved from herself archetype has turned into full blown hatred for her character :rolleyes::Kappa:

pretty much, since she is now tied with the alleged main plot we can look forward to more and more unavoidable scenes the MC gets dragged into... View attachment 3617016

Now, honest question, was the new villain planned from the start, because I assumed the bad guys will be Jamie, Brent and maybe the people that he owed money to, or is he YET another new character to pile on? And if you planned it from the start, do you think it was a good narrative choice to introduce him 8 chapters in? :unsure:

No offense taken, you can go even harder if the rules allow it, I rather people talk it out, regardless of tone, than devs keeping frustrations with folks her bottled until they can't take it anymore and decide to leave the platform in fear of not looking unprofessional, or some other stupid notion like that.

TL, DR, Please no more new characters, cringy streamers, characters unnecessarily getting upgraded to series regulars, 10 versions of jumping between blackmail and rape routes and MOAR Brittani! Hopefully before chapter 11.

I take time to count some renders that actually Risa appear on ( it was 336 render) which is wayy less than most of the characters , i know the feeling if you see character you may don't prefer like others you prefer , but even when Neon mentioned she appear in Ch7 (which is to my knowledge to be 4_3 ) she was like there for small time compare to other characters.
Also maybe i'm wrong about this assumption even when chapter 9 come still the game is early i dont think it's even in the mid stage of a game according to the story we have seen so far, i think when you say Villain in chapter 8 you think " hey, why he is being late to the game? isnt he supposed to be like early on or something?".
But again you still in the early stages of the game so far , just give it a time with the new update , there two types i have seen people who most play AVN ( not being jerk or anything or offend anyone ) but i know that there two
1- you like a character = you want to see her more
2- You don't like a character = you don't want to see her ever
nothing in between

I wish just for those have don't prefer certain character remember , this game provide us with variation of choices which
i havn't seen in a game so far thats why i like this game

Who knows maybe you like Risa after .
Some start hating character , but later on start to liking them.

Reactions: PHIL101-YYouPPHard

Dessolos

Forum Fanatic
Jul 25, 2017
I take time to count some renders that actually Risa appear on ( it was 336 render) which is wayy less than most of the characters , i know the feeling if you see character you may don't prefer like others you prefer , but even when Neon mentioned she appear in Ch7 (which is to my knowledge to be 4_3 ) she was like there for small time compare to other characters.
Also maybe i'm wrong about this assumption even when chapter 9 come still the game is early i dont think it's even in the mid stage of a game according to the story we have seen so far, i think when you say Villain in chapter 8 you think " hey, why he is being late to the game? isnt he supposed to be like early on or something?".
But again you still in the early stages of the game so far , just give it a time with the new update , there two types i have seen people who most play AVN ( not being jerk or anything or offend anyone ) but i know that there two
nothing in between

I wish just for those have don't prefer certain character remember , this game provide us with variation of choices which

Thanks for counting the renders. I kinda thought it was odd one of his complaints about Risa is about screen time when all I can recall are brief scenes until the last update and probably the next. Glad I was right and saying that.

nothing in between
This is so true ive seen people say something to this effect in alot of other AVN's true. It's something I'll never understand even characters I hate I wouldn't want them to disappear entirely would feel really weird, I just simply don't play their path.

I kind of disagree about Risa how is she a slutty brat? Has she been with many guys?
I can kind of understand why he may think this with the way she flirts and acts. As when I was new to AVN's I was quick to call a LI slutty when she wasn't. It just took me awhile to have a different view as before I was set in my ways what was considered slutty thanks to tv and things ive seen online. But after playing a few of these "slutty" LI paths you learn they are anything but slutty, only a few actually are in these games at least to me. So I agree 100% Risa is not slutty. I personally think Risa is a damaged angel that needs our helped and to be comforted and guy to show her that he loves her and will protect her no matter what. As it feels like she doesn't know what it feels like to be loved. So she gets more hugs , cuddles , head pets and handholding than normal from me:)

Fraxo

Jul 2, 2017
I know exactly what you mean about characters. Whether in games or stories, they come to life and have a will of their own. Sometimes the original idea and character shifts into something completely different. At times it feels like stories/plots writes themselves. Good stories and characters take time. I much prefer well worked stories and games whith true depth and where you really get to know the characters. Sure, everyone would love lots of updates with focus on their favourite character(s) but I'll gladly wait for things to be done right.

Take your time.

I've seen plenty of games ruined by authors rushings scenes and endings to please an unpatient community. Was late to the party here, but as I have seen your work and updates seem to be consistent and steady with lots of updates and information for the fanbase. Your game, your choice. Keep up the good work.

• Red Heart
Reactions: PHIL101-YYouPPHard

Real Trampas

Jan 21, 2024
i cannot wait anymore, im going to live up in a mountain and come back after fullfilling my personal ZEN MANTRA shit, i hope i come down as a fucking Netero to no give a shit about anything

• Sad
Reactions: KiryuKazuma095

NebulousShooter

Engaged Member
Donor
Oct 24, 2018
The way this NebulousShooter is going on I would assume he's responsible for funding at least 60% of the project. Must've been the inspiration for the MC. Good on you mate.
genius-shit-snoop-dogg.gif
We all know that the more money you spend the more your opinion matters.
I can kind of understand why he may think this with the way she flirts and acts. As when I was new to AVN's I was quick to call a LI slutty when she wasn't. It just took me awhile to have a different view as before I was set in my ways what was considered slutty thanks to tv and things ive seen online. But after playing a few of these "slutty" LI paths you learn they are anything but slutty, only a few actually are in these games at least to me. So I agree 100% Risa is not slutty. I personally think Risa is a damaged angel that needs our helped and to be comforted and guy to show her that he loves her and will protect her no matter what. As it feels like she doesn't know what it feels like to be loved. So she gets more hugs , cuddles , head pets and handholding than normal from me:)
She just offered sex for money/drugs in last update, after offering a foot job while knowing Guy for 10 minutes 2 updates ago, after flirting with him in front of others after knowing him for 5 seconds. Like why are we splitting hairs about this? :WaitWhat:

I have no problem with people liking what they like, my problem is with people refusing to call the spade they like a spade.:Kappa:

nothing in between

Are you counting renders she physically appears in, because I count as Risa screen time any render related to her scenes?

Prove me wrong that I'm unreasonably displeased with this, I suggest when next update drops to count the perchantage of the total renders her scenes have of the total renders in each update and compare them with other LIs that have had screen time 3 updates in a row. I doubt you will find many other than Nicki(obviously the most important non-MC character in the story) and maybe Ashe.

Let me run it back one more time, because for whatever reason its lost in translation.

1. she was never supposed to be anything but background fodder so that will forever will be a vote against her from me.
  2. she is now tied to the main plot, so her scenes are mandatory, I can't actually make a choice not to get dragged in her shit, so you see your general argument about the game offering many choices and something for everyone is completely moot in this case, now is it?

Dessolos

Forum Fanatic
Jul 25, 2017
She just offered sex for money/drugs in last update, after offering a foot job while knowing Guy for 10 minutes 2 updates ago, after flirting with him in front of others after knowing him for 5 seconds. Like why are we splitting hairs about this? :WaitWhat:

I have no problem with people liking what they like, my problem is with people refusing to call the spade they like a spade.:Kappa:
it's all a matter of personal opinion at the end of the day. Like i said in my post a LI can come across as slutty at first to me but once I get to know them I dont consider them as such anymore. Probably different for you of course. But those 2 actions she did may come across as such but im not going to judge her say she is a slut right off the bat until I get to know her some more first. As up till the last update and the next one we barley had any scenes or content with her at least for me to judge her accurately. As ive made that mistake with other LI in the past that were quick to be flirty and have sex but then once I got to know them and learned what they were all about my opinion completely changed on that matter. That is why I do disagree with you but understand why you have that view just like I said in the post you quoted me on.

• Sad
Reactions: NebulousShooter

ename144

Engaged Member
Sep 20, 2018
View attachment 3619528
We all know that the more money you spend the more your opinion matters.

Are you counting renders she physically appears in, because I count as Risa screen time any render related to her scenes?

Prove me wrong that I'm unreasonably displeased with this, I suggest when next update drops to count the perchantage of the total renders her scenes have of the total renders in each update and compare them with other LIs that have had screen time 3 updates in a row. I doubt you will find many other than Nicki(obviously the most important non-MC character in the story) and maybe Ashe.

Let me run it back one more time, because for whatever reason its lost in translation.

1. she was never supposed to be anything but background fodder so that will forever will be a vote against her from me.
  2. she is now tied to the main plot, so her scenes are mandatory, I can't actually make a choice not to get dragged in her shit, so you see your general argument about the game offering many choices and something for everyone is completely moot in this case, now is it?
I'm loathe to defend Risa in the slightest, but I don't think the mere fact she was conceived of as a minor character is particularly important. Things evolve; I doubt Brittani started out as developed as she's become either, yet the game is much stronger for that change. Nor does the fact that we're forced to interact with Risa's backstory really set her apart. That's true of all the LIs to one degree or another - particularly Nicki - and realistically there's always going to be a limit to how much choice can be programmed into a game. It's not fair to hold perfectly normal behavior against Risa just because we dislike her.

What I do object to is the way Risa was suddenly thrust into such a prominent position without the proper setup. The MC's relationship with Nicki, even with the early game weirdness in Episode 1, was developed well enough that we can understand why Guy will lavish so much attention on her (regardless of how sordid that attention is). But Risa was a very minor presence in the MC's life, and the few choices we had allowed us to blow her off completely if we were so inclined. She was very much an optional extra. Yet somehow the MC is not only willing to buy drugs for her out of the blue, he's even willing to do so personally, after she blatantly lied and manipulated him. And we can barely even get our avatar to raise an eyebrow at this turn of events! It all just happens, and now we're locked into spending even more time with Risa cleaning up the fallout in the next chapter.

It makes no sense. Worse, it unintentionally undermines what I assume was the very point of weaving her arc into the main story this way. She was supposed to be a graceful way to introduce Luthien with out having to drag the game to a halt and drop a lot of exposition on us. But because the MC's are so incongruous with the game up to that point it winds up feeling every bit as heavy handed and artificial as an infodump would have been... while also saddling poor Risa with a level of resentment the game is unlikely to be able to handle. Before Chapter 8 I was happy to turn a blind eye to Risa's constant harassment and assume the MC was inwardly rolling his eyes the same way I was. But now that she's made it clear she's a genuine problem I'm not going to settle for anything less than a tough love stance so unyielding that her father's attitude pales by comparison. Is that a level of branching the game can support? I doubt it.

Granted, I'm sure things work a lot better for those who liked Risa and were eager to help her. That's fair. But it worked spectacularly poorly for those of us who disliked Risa and/or felt strongly that enabling her habit was a dreadful idea. I'd like to think I'm objective enough that I'd still consider that a poor exchange even if Risa was one of my favorites, but all I can say for sure is that it really sucked when ox got gored. :mad:

Dessolos

Forum Fanatic
Jul 25, 2017
I'm loathe to defend Risa in the slightest, but I don't think the mere fact she was conceived of as a minor character is particularly important. Things evolve; I doubt Brittani started out as developed as she's become either, yet the game is much stronger for that change. Nor does the fact that we're forced to interact with Risa's backstory really set her apart. That's true of all the LIs to one degree or another - particularly Nicki - and realistically there's always going to be a limit to how much choice can be programmed into a game. It's not fair to hold perfectly normal behavior against Risa just because we dislike her.

What I do object to is the way Risa was suddenly thrust into such a prominent position without the proper setup. The MC's relationship with Nicki, even with the early game weirdness in Episode 1, was developed well enough that we can understand why Guy will lavish so much attention on her (regardless of how sordid that attention is). But Risa was a very minor presence in the MC's life, and the few choices we had allowed us to blow her off completely if we were so inclined. She was very much an optional extra. Yet somehow the MC is not only willing to buy drugs for her out of the blue, he's even willing to do so personally, after she blatantly lied and manipulated him. And we can barely even get our avatar to raise an eyebrow at this turn of events! It all just happens, and now we're locked into spending even more time with Risa cleaning up the fallout in the next chapter.

It makes no sense. Worse, it unintentionally undermines what I assume was the very point of weaving her arc into the main story this way. She was supposed to be a graceful way to introduce Luthien with out having to drag the game to a halt and drop a lot of exposition on us. But because the MC's are so incongruous with the game up to that point it winds up feeling every bit as heavy handed and artificial as an infodump would have been... while also saddling poor Risa with a level of resentment the game is unlikely to be able to handle. Before Chapter 8 I was happy to turn a blind eye to Risa's constant harassment and assume the MC was inwardly rolling his eyes the same way I was. But now that she's made it clear she's a genuine problem I'm not going to settle for anything less than a tough love stance so unyielding that her father's attitude pales by comparison. Is that a level of branching the game can support? I doubt it.

Granted, I'm sure things work a lot better for those who liked Risa and were eager to help her. That's fair. But it worked spectacularly poorly for those of us who disliked Risa and/or felt strongly that enabling her habit was a dreadful idea. I'd like to think I'm objective enough that I'd still consider that a poor exchange even if Risa was one of my favorites, but all I can say for sure is that it really sucked when ox got gored. :mad:
As someone that loves Risa, I do agree it was handled fairy poorly. We barley got to know her character at all up until that point. Honestly there is nothing about her character that should make me like her , yet the facial expressions she made in the car flipped a switch or something because that was the moment I changed my mind enough to have some sympathy for her and became interested in her.

If we spent more time to get to know her I wouldn't of disliked how she bossed us around and made us drive her somewhere. But up till that point she felt like a side girl that I want to just say fuck off when she bossed us around. I know only chapter 1 is getting a rework but I feel like Risa's entire character needs a rework as well. As the way it stands right now it feels very rushed and forced. But if she got a rework and had some scenes added so we get to know her better beforehand I think that scene with her making us drive her to drug den would play out so much better.

Last edited:

ename144

Engaged Member
Sep 20, 2018
As someone that loves Risa, I do agree it was handled fairy poorly. We barley got to know her character at all up until that point. Honestly there is nothing about her character that should make me like her , yet the facial expressions she made in the car flipped a switch or something because that was the moment I changed my mind enough to have some sympathy for her and became interested in her.

If we spent more time to get to know her I wouldn't of disliked how she bossed us around and made us drive her somewhere. But up till that point she felt like a side girl that I want to just say fuck off. I know only chapter 1 is getting a rework but I feel like Risa's entire character needs a rework as well. As the way it stands right now it feels very rushed and forced. But if she got a rework and had some scenes added so we get to know her better beforehand I think that scene with her making us drive her to drug den would play out so much better.
With respect, seeing more of Risa early in the game wouldn't make make like her; if anything I'd dislike her even more. She and I are just not compatible, so mere exposure to her sob-story isn't going to cut it.

What we need is to build up and broaden her relationship with the MC to the point that even a player who dislikes her personally can still be invested in her plight (for whatever reason). That's certainly doable, but it's neither simple nor easy, and it gets harder the more characters the game has. (Technically you could also dial Risa's act down a notch and make her a little less polarizing, but that would risk damaging the character for those who actually like her so I wouldn't recommend it.)

Reactions: Eland51298

Dessolos

Forum Fanatic
Jul 25, 2017
With respect, seeing more of Risa early in the game wouldn't make make like her; if anything I'd dislike her even more. She and I are just not compatible, so mere exposure to her sob-story isn't going to cut it.

What we need is to build up and broaden her relationship with the MC to the point that even a player who dislikes her personally can still be invested in her plight (for whatever reason). That's certainly doable, but it's neither simple nor easy, and it gets harder the more characters the game has. (Technically you could also dial Risa's act down a notch and make her a little less polarizing, but that would risk damaging the character for those who actually like her so I wouldn't recommend it.)
ah I didn't mean seeing more of her early would make the player like her but rather it just wouldn't make the scene feel so forceful to the point it feels really random when she bosses us around. As up to that point why would the MC listen to her and drive her anywhere that's all I was trying to say. I feel they need to be shown to be a bit more friendly or friends with with one another before that point a few small and quick conversations doesn't cut it imo.

I don't think if a hypothetical rework of her character were to happen she needs to be made to be likeable. All that I think needs to be done is to make them appear like they are friendly enough with one another that they might ask each other for help or a favor and that's it. As it stands now they still feel like mostly strangers and the MC happens to let her boss him around. I think It's going to take alot more to make someone like her especially if they know what's to come anyways so shouldn't focus making her likeable f it were to happen. As people have strong opinions when it comes to drugs / junkies in or out of fiction. So I think after that point is when she should be made to appeal to the player through her story or character. But that's just my opinion.

Reactions: ename144
4.60 star(s) 177 Votes