• To improve security, we will soon start forcing password resets for any account that uses a weak password on the next login. If you have a weak password or a defunct email, please update it now to prevent future disruption.

NewTricks

Forum Fanatic
Nov 1, 2017
Question, does taking the allergy pills do anything? feels kinda random to just go into the bathroom and stealing them haha, Im not sure what the implications are
It might just be a stab at satire as almost every sandbox game has a scene where the MC steal pills to drug the love interests in order to get a sleepy sex scene. Perhaps this time it will be subverted and it will just cause Gaby's dad to not have any relief from his hay fever when he comes home.

minoslune

Aug 17, 2017
It might just be a stab at satire as almost every sandbox game has a scene where the MC steal pills to drug the love interests in order to get a sleepy sex scene. Perhaps this time it will be subverted and it will just cause Gaby's dad to not have any relief from his hay fever when he comes home.
Imagine if theres a situation where someones having a really strong allergic reactions and they just fucking die cause the pills were not there anymore lmao

• Haha
Reactions: Ragnar

NewTricks

Forum Fanatic
Nov 1, 2017
Imagine if theres a situation where someones having a really strong allergic reactions and they just fucking die cause the pills were not there anymore lmao
That's dark lol. Would totally fit the game. All jokes aside it would be an example of someone winning a darwin award because if they have allergies that strong they need to keep an EpiPen on them at all times.

Ragnar

Super User
Respected User
Aug 5, 2016
Keep in mind she also
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
, so.... I think that completely changes her situation. In that light, she's absolutely an innocent like Viola. :cry:

Haha, ok, don't judge me too hard guys, but... my opinion on sharing has been changed slightly (read: drastically) by Desert Stalker, so.... I'd actually be down for some dominant sharing by MC, i.e. pimping a LI, making her pleasure another preferably nameless faceless guy, things like that. That wouldn't be NTR strictly speaking, as there's no betrayal or shaming of the MC; it'd be sharing/swinging, though a darker more dominant version of it in my example. People are honestly way too quick to shove everything into the NTR umbrella, which I'd argue is a very different kink compared to sharing. Or hell, even having a more open relationship wouldn't be that bad for like one or two girls, even though that's not my cup of tea. Regardless, don't think any of this is planned by Neon so not going to happen, but just saying... your comment has sparked some ideas in me :ROFLMAO:

I understand your perspective entirely, but keep in mind that some people literally have a personality that's more susceptible to being taken advantage of to the point that some of them require training by professionals to protect themselves from falling prey to these abusers over and over again. Some of these women were born that way, but others developed that personality due to abuse (perhaps even sexual..) in their past. Why do they develop that personality? Well, you can imagine a young adolescent finding out the hard way that indulging their abuser leads to less pain and suffering than resisting... and that rewires their brain and affects them for the rest of their life. Disgusting, isn't it? So, what may look on the surface like a person being naive, foolish, or stupid may in fact be a survival strategy they were forced into early on in their life that only now in adulthood away from their childhood abuser runs counter to their survival (assuming the original abuse is not ongoing, which is not always the case).

Also remember that some of these men who do the abusing specifically use strategies, whether conscious or subconscious, to prevent these women from escaping. This is observed by professionals on the matter, btw, not just me giving my opinion. For example, men who ruthlessly stalk women will many times scare any and all potential new male interests away from the woman (through intimidation, violence, etc.) to the point where she will feel helpless but to accept him... I understand that not all women are victims and not all their circumstances are as sympathetic as they let on or that society tells us, but there are plenty of women who legitimately have such sad predicaments fully worth our empathy. Not entirely sure what Neon has in mind for Nikki, but it's entirely possible that she's in this category I've just described instead of simply being "stupid, naive" etc.

There are people who literally orgasm every time they shit, we're already in a cartoon world brother! So anything's possible I guess? :p:ROFLMAO:
Sharing is not my thing but if the dev thinks sharing fits in his story he can do whatever he wants. I think devs should make the game they want to make and don't let others pressure them into things they don't want to make. Because that's a fast lane to burn out and the Abandoned tag.
That said my Guy ain't sharing :BootyTime:

DanteRed

Oct 28, 2020
I think the allergy pills might become relevant in chapter 5. The dev stated that it will focus more on Gabby so perhaps we'll find out more about her family life and perhaps who the pills belong to. We might also learn more about Madisson as well.

Zerorox

Dec 5, 2021
Keep in mind she also
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
, so.... I think that completely changes her situation. In that light, she's absolutely an innocent like Viola. :cry:

Haha, ok, don't judge me too hard guys, but... my opinion on sharing has been changed slightly (read: drastically) by Desert Stalker, so.... I'd actually be down for some dominant sharing by MC, i.e. pimping a LI, making her pleasure another preferably nameless faceless guy, things like that. That wouldn't be NTR strictly speaking, as there's no betrayal or shaming of the MC; it'd be sharing/swinging, though a darker more dominant version of it in my example. People are honestly way too quick to shove everything into the NTR umbrella, which I'd argue is a very different kink compared to sharing. Or hell, even having a more open relationship wouldn't be that bad for like one or two girls, even though that's not my cup of tea. Regardless, don't think any of this is planned by Neon so not going to happen, but just saying... your comment has sparked some ideas in me :ROFLMAO:

I understand your perspective entirely, but keep in mind that some people literally have a personality that's more susceptible to being taken advantage of to the point that some of them require training by professionals to protect themselves from falling prey to these abusers over and over again. Some of these women were born that way, but others developed that personality due to abuse (perhaps even sexual..) in their past. Why do they develop that personality? Well, you can imagine a young adolescent finding out the hard way that indulging their abuser leads to less pain and suffering than resisting... and that rewires their brain and affects them for the rest of their life. Disgusting, isn't it? So, what may look on the surface like a person being naive, foolish, or stupid may in fact be a survival strategy they were forced into early on in their life that only now in adulthood away from their childhood abuser runs counter to their survival (assuming the original abuse is not ongoing, which is not always the case).

Also remember that some of these men who do the abusing specifically use strategies, whether conscious or subconscious, to prevent these women from escaping. This is observed by professionals on the matter, btw, not just me giving my opinion. For example, men who ruthlessly stalk women will many times scare any and all potential new male interests away from the woman (through intimidation, violence, etc.) to the point where she will feel helpless but to accept him... I understand that not all women are victims and not all their circumstances are as sympathetic as they let on or that society tells us, but there are plenty of women who legitimately have such sad predicaments fully worth our empathy. Not entirely sure what Neon has in mind for Nikki, but it's entirely possible that she's in this category I've just described instead of simply being "stupid, naive" etc.

There are people who literally orgasm every time they shit, we're already in a cartoon world brother! So anything's possible I guess? :p:ROFLMAO:
Nah, I'm strict with myself and reflect this to surrounding people, so no pity from me at all :censored:. In my country was really bad tendention for sub wifes with breaked confidence and no willpower to change themself, it was almost dictated by sociaty (common shit for poor countries with patriarch...) a bit progress was made, women gained more confidence/more often started to take bigger roles in sociaty and it is almost normal now (I mean in same proportions as in normal civilized countries)

But let's return to our waifu, pathetic submissive addicted to victim life style and not worth my pity at start. After some push she made some mental work on herself and breaked the twisted circle, having no pity for herself and regaining some pride and confidence in some minimal degree... and in this breaking point comes our choise:
1) Support her, help regain confidence and independence (so she'll need no pity, only respect)
2) Further break her willpower in even more direct abusive way (ok, some pity for slave...)

I dunno why am I writing such wall of text, anyway, no matter is she deserves respect or pity or even deserves being humiliated and becomin' cumdump for MC, best character for now and quite believeable (in VN's terms)

PHIL101-YYouPPHard

Jan 11, 2022
Sharing is not my thing but if the dev thinks sharing fits in his story he can do whatever he wants. I think devs should make the game they want to make and don't let others pressure them into things they don't want to make. Because that's a fast lane to burn out and the Abandoned tag.
That said my Guy ain't sharing :BootyTime:
Oh yeah, 100% man... I agree it's important for a dev to keep themselves invested, and that usually involves them making scenes that they're actually into. As long as the scene is avoidable, that's usually all you need to keep players happy. There are way too many entitled drive-by players that act like the dev should cater to their own tastes. If they were making their own game (as if they could or would, hah), I highly doubt they'd follow their own advice :ROFLMAO:

But man... if my Guy could pimp out Nikki, Viola, etc.... damn, that'd be hot in its own fucked up way. For me, anyways... I know how the majority of you feel :D Perhaps in time you will all come over to the dark side :devilish:

NeonGhosts

Game Developer
Mar 20, 2019
Thanks to everyone who helped me out with my tech query! Y'all the real MVPs.

Mason's first big saucy scene is 95% rendered. I had to skip a few renders until I could find the right assets, but luckily I found :D

So, I've spent this morning editing and collaging renders where necessary. While I was at it, I decided to redo a few entirely. Here's a nice example of how a little extra time and attention can make something feel way more dynamic. Before and after!

4j001.png 4j001.png

With all the images combined into their final forms, some discarded, etc. current total renders stand at 914.

Question, does taking the allergy pills do anything? feels kinda random to just go into the bathroom and stealing them haha, Im not sure what the implications are
That whole little segment with the hallway and bathroom was meant to evoke point-and-click adventure games, or old survival horror games ala Clock Tower, Resident Evil, Dino Crisis.. Which is why Guy kind of lampshades it by pointing out what a spooky hallway it is. My plan was originally to make the bathroom a point-and-click thing, where you could click on certain objects to find clues and gather items. But, I ran out of time to code it, so that idea died on the vine. I'd like to go back and fix it, though.

But, stay tuned to see how they're used.

Oh yeah, 100% man... I agree it's important for a dev to keep themselves invested, and that usually involves them making scenes that they're actually into. As long as the scene is avoidable, that's usually all you need to keep players happy. There are way too many entitled drive-by players that act like the dev should cater to their own tastes. If they were making their own game (as if they could or would, hah), I highly doubt they'd follow their own advice :ROFLMAO:

But man... if my Guy could pimp out Nikki, Viola, etc.... damn, that'd be hot in its own fucked up way. For me, anyways... I know how the majority of you feel :D Perhaps in time you will all come over to the dark side :devilish:
I don't want to spoil anything, but here's a teaser I posted to the Patreon for New Years, teasing what 2023 might hold.

NYE001.png

Zerorox

Dec 5, 2021

Mason's first big saucy scene is 95% rendered. I had to skip a few renders until I could find the right assets, but luckily I found :D

So, I've spent this morning editing and collaging renders where necessary. While I was at it, I decided to redo a few entirely. Here's a nice example of how a little extra time and attention can make something feel way more dynamic. Before and after!

View attachment 2472429 View attachment 2472426

With all the images combined into their final forms, some discarded, etc. current total renders stand at 914.

That whole little segment with the hallway and bathroom was meant to evoke point-and-click adventure games, or old survival horror games ala Clock Tower, Resident Evil, Dino Crisis.. Which is why Guy kind of lampshades it by pointing out what a spooky hallway it is. My plan was originally to make the bathroom a point-and-click thing, where you could click on certain objects to find clues and gather items. But, I ran out of time to code it, so that idea died on the vine. I'd like to go back and fix it, though.

But, stay tuned to see how they're used.

I don't want to spoil anything, but here's a teaser I posted to the Patreon for New Years, teasing what 2023 might hold.

View attachment 2472437
Scene involving something Big and sausy and Mason sucking... ;)

Reactions: rudy007

HentaiKami

Engaged Member
Jan 27, 2019

View attachment 2472429 View attachment 2472426
I dunno, that burger doesn't seem to have that much sauce, so can't see how it's big saucy :p

Reactions: rudy007

U330661

Aug 29, 2022

You've said it really well I think. And the writing Neon did is really amazing as well. Especially in the dark path where you take advantage of Nikki in the bathroom... Absolutely heartbreaking how she simply stands there numbly.
I don't like/play dark paths much in the first place, except to go through all the options, but damn, that one really broke my heart more than usual.

mikoko67

Jan 26, 2021
You've said it really well I think. And the writing Neon did is really amazing as well. Especially in the dark path where you take advantage of Nikki in the bathroom... Absolutely heartbreaking how she simply stands there numbly.
I don't like/play dark paths much in the first place, except to go through all the options, but damn, that one really broke my heart more than usual.
i def agree. This scene was epic

Reactions: Degro and U330661

minoslune

Aug 17, 2017
I just finished the current content and I just gotta say this is now one of my favorite novels on the site, the writing is really good , the girls are great (even nikki who seems to get massive hate lol), the situations are pretty hot, and it really was able to make me go through various emotions during the playthrough, really good stuff and I cant wait to see more. Great work dev!
Gabby best girl for now.

minoslune

Aug 17, 2017
aah One thing I do have to add is that the versatility that the writer has is actually incredible, going from really tender and romantic moments like gabby and the meaning of holding her hand to the viola incident, I thought the first was super cute and the viola thing... bro I normally pick all options and then just reload and choose the one I like the most in VNs, but after the viola thing I stopped doing that haha, I still feel guilty for a character that doesn't exist and I think that's talent for writing right there, I wont be picking any more of those choices not even to see what they are about and reloading after, but I think that's an uncommon and pretty good ability.

RayJefferson

Mar 4, 2018
Error when i choose Ash for hallowen

Code:
I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:
  File "game/script.rpy", line 19972, in script
    if ch3ashjerk == True :
  File "game/script.rpy", line 19972, in <module>
    if ch3ashjerk == True :
NameError: name 'ch3ashjerk' is not defined

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
    if ch3ashjerk == True :
  File "renpy/ast.py", line 1898, in execute
    if renpy.python.py_eval(condition):
  File "renpy/python.py", line 2276, in py_eval
    return py_eval_bytecode(code, globals, locals)
  File "renpy/python.py", line 2269, in py_eval_bytecode
    return eval(bytecode, globals, locals)
    if ch3ashjerk == True :

Windows-10-10.0.19041
Ren'Py 7.4.11.2266
Friends in Need 
Fri Mar 17 03:53:37 2023

NeonGhosts

Game Developer
Mar 20, 2019
Error when i choose Ash for hallowen

Code:
I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:
    if ch3ashjerk == True :
    if ch3ashjerk == True :

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
    if ch3ashjerk == True :
  File "renpy/ast.py", line 1898, in execute
    if renpy.python.py_eval(condition):
  File "renpy/python.py", line 2276, in py_eval
    return py_eval_bytecode(code, globals, locals)
  File "renpy/python.py", line 2269, in py_eval_bytecode
    return eval(bytecode, globals, locals)
    if ch3ashjerk == True :

Windows-10-10.0.19041
Ren'Py 7.4.11.2266
Friends in Need
Fri Mar 17 03:53:37 2023
This is because you’re using a save that was generated from a beta version of Chapter 3, without all the final variables. Load a save from the end of Chapter 2, and the problem should resolve itself.

Reactions: char_2.0

Rozhok

Jun 29, 2017
Everytime I see those pictures with Brittani's mom being a bad mom I get all these nasty thoughts, please make this happen :LOL:

• Thinking Face
Reactions: NeonGhosts
4.60 star(s) 177 Votes