TRKaiser

Apr 11, 2023

tldr; Put out a new build of the next chapter to patrons. Currently it stands at 887 new images, and three new animations. I've gotta clean some images up here and there and build out the last bit of the chapter, but I'd say the initial release is no more than two weeks away.

View attachment 2743209
*Everyone in here currently*

NeonGhosts

Game Developer
Mar 20, 2019
Ah ok, nice compromise then! Although still a little unfortunate. I'm guessing these dark and risque games stir a constant wrestle between public perception, artistic integrity, and satisfying kinks or w/e, and I get why this particular option has gotten the execution order and why it's not a hill you've chosen to die on (though am honestly confused as to why people can tolerate virtual grape, yet virtual age selection is too far). I just hope other optional things don't get removed too at some point if enough people end up voicing their dislike :( I'll always support the big picture, though! I trust you've decided this is better for your game long-term and game's too good to get weighed down by ultimately minor stuff. (y)
Honestly, the complaints were usually more mechanics-oriented. Like, "Why can I set her age to 99? That's dumb."

And the answer is that I never wanted to set a specific age range, because that would imply that I was okay with someone potentially setting it at the lower end of said range. But like I said, I think it just makes more sense for the story to remove it and make the affected characters 18.

The main exception being Mason, who asks MC how old he wants him to be. It'll still be removed in a potential Steam version down the line, because they're prickly about such things. But, I feel fine with Mason being canonically 20, but willing to say he's younger to please dark-path MC.

Master of Puppets

Conversation Conqueror
Oct 5, 2017
The main exception being Mason, who asks MC how old he wants him to be. It'll still be removed in a potential Steam version down the line, because they're prickly about such things. But, I feel fine with Mason being canonically 20, but willing to say he's younger to please dark-path MC.
You could fix that at 18+ for the Steam version, I guess?

RC-1138 Boss

Message Maven
Apr 26, 2017
Honestly, the complaints were usually more mechanics-oriented. Like, "Why can I set her age to 99? That's dumb."

And the answer is that I never wanted to set a specific age range, because that would imply that I was okay with someone potentially setting it at the lower end of said range. But like I said, I think it just makes more sense for the story to remove it and make the affected characters 18.

It is always good to cover your bases. You never know when some asshole with a grudge can try to denounce the game to Patreon or later Steam and them you have to rush to make the game up to their demands.

Mason being 20 and Viola being 19 is good for me too. :)

PHIL101-YYouPPHard

Jan 11, 2022

Oh, I see... well, damn, that makes it seem even more silly to me. So not the moralist crusade, which is understandable to me, but the autist one, interesting; I didn't expect that lol. The answer for those people is clearly to set the age to a reasonable number, problem solved. But no worries, decision's made, I'll learn to live with it :cool:

I misunderstood, I thought you were saying he was removing the whole patch.
Okie dokie, no worries (y)

Canto Forte

Post Pro
Jul 10, 2017
Here is one idea: Mason has to have a life worth getting out of,
or a life that booted him to the streets. He and MC share the lack of University studies.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
That being said, MC could buy Mason a load of cos play dress up gear
and have him be Mileena, or Matsumoto, or Hinata - fave anime babes
seeing as MC enjoys his fair share of cartoons.

They could play safe play pretend games of prof-student or bully-sissy with any and all variations,
seeing as IRL anybody can go to University at any time in their life.

7empest5teele

Dec 23, 2019
Lmfao another game hopped on the pain train starting many of its sentences with "I MEAN".

Every character sounds fcking retarded when STARTING sentences like that, it's fine when added into an already bound paragraph, yet its nails on a chalkboard to individuals that have this as a pet peeve.

Starting sentences with "I mean". "Yeah, no" "Because" is just irritating to read, when it appears too often, I tend to skip through the nightmare dialog, just relying on the renders...which is not why I download and play this, the story tends to capture my attention when it's not written as if someone desperately wants to be a teen again.

Oct 10, 2022
Lmfao another game hopped on the pain train starting many of its sentences with "I MEAN".

Every character sounds fcking retarded when STARTING sentences like that, it's fine when added into an already bound paragraph, yet its nails on a chalkboard to individuals that have this as a pet peeve.

Starting sentences with "I mean". "Yeah, no" "Because" is just irritating to read, when it appears too often, I tend to skip through the nightmare dialog, just relying on the renders...which is not why I download and play this, the story tends to capture my attention when it's not written as if someone desperately wants to be a teen again.

4.50 star(s) 193 Votes