ename144

Engaged Member
Sep 20, 2018
having non con play in a game where there's already non con kinda defeats the purpose.
It does seem like a questionable use of dev time, at least IMHO. A big part of this game's appeal is the contrast in how differently things turn out thanks to our decisions. Adding faux-rape content would probably just short-circuit that differential. I'm sure some people would enjoy a less dark version that feels kinky without being so cruel, but I'm not sure how big that group is. For most people I would think it'd be the equivalent of non-alcoholic beer at Oktoberfest: beer drinkers have a better option close at hand, and teetotalers have no use for it.

I'd certainly hate to waste any of our precious light-path time with, say, Carolina on that sort of content. Then again I hated Risa's scenes and she seems to be very popular, so who knows, maybe there's a market for this sort of thing.

Reactions: RC-1138 Boss

Dessolos

Conversation Conqueror
Jul 25, 2017
It does seem like a questionable use of dev time, at least IMHO. A big part of this game's appeal is the contrast in how differently things turn out thanks to our decisions. Adding faux-rape content would probably just short-circuit that differential. I'm sure some people would enjoy a less dark version that feels kinky without being so cruel, but I'm not sure how big that group is. For most people I would think it'd be the equivalent of non-alcoholic beer at Oktoberfest: beer drinkers have a better option close at hand, and teetotalers have no use for it.

I'd certainly hate to waste any of our precious light-path time with, say, Carolina on that sort of content. Then again I hated Risa's scenes and she seems to be very popular, so who knows, maybe there's a market for this sort of thing.
I can see a way for the dev to use said scene for both type of players. Start out with the fake rape roleplay. The MC pushes the boundaries a bit to far and the LI says no to something. Then from there you resect her boundaries or push them aside and it then does becomes a dark path scene. Maybe won't be nearly as violent or dark as the other dark path scenes for those players. But it can still work for both groups.

Reactions: PHIL101-YYouPPHard

hysepReC

Feb 16, 2022

Consensual non-consent is already in the game though...

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

I'm not a fan of the hardcore rape in this game but I liked this scene because I knew that the MC wasn't actually hurting her and it was just a bit of kinky fun. I don't think it would take too much development time to make more variations of sex scenes like this.

RC-1138 Boss

Message Maven
Apr 26, 2017

I tend to agree with that. Besides the corruption routes are already kind of doing that, at least from my point of view. Also we can never know with p@tr3on/paypal what bullshit they will try to pull next.
As Neon himself mentioned this kind of play may walk too close to crossing the line of their current terms of use. :unsure:

Last edited:
Reactions: ename144

PHIL101-YYouPPHard

Jan 11, 2022
cmon you dont go feeling bad killing in gta games thats the fun of it ! Enjoy the darkness in the games...i played the dark route and i liked it even if there is moments where i feel bad for the characters especially the ones that are loyal or just good human beings sometimes i do feel bad that i had to rollback a few times
I agree, but everyone has their limits, and I've sort of found mine. Most of what was carrying me through those scenes is the shock value of it, and that was definitely fun for a while. After the nth time, though, that basically fades and then all I'm left with is really strong writing that communicates a character's suffering.. effectively. I guess I'm not into that unless it's particularly new and different or in very short spurts. Also, apparently I have to be sober.. I play this game high sometimes, and that makes the dark scenes hit too hard I think. On the flip side, it also makes the romance/corruption scenes that much better :giggle: But you do you man! No judgment here.

having non con play in a game where there's already non con kinda defeats the purpose.
Normally I'd probably agree, but this game is unique. The characters & writing are good enough that really it just becomes more interesting variety, seeing how the LIs react to the scenarios and what not. I never thought I'd be into incest roleplay, because... fucking why when I can just get the straight incest? But that Ashe scene was fucking hot, really some great erotica. Same with Brit's roleplay.

I don't think people have anything to worry about either way. Even though many of us like the idea of Neon putting some of our shared sexy fantasies onto paper, despite what some have said, he's done a pretty good job of showing restraint. The scenes interchange between moving the story forward versus moving a relationship forward, or both. I can't think of a single scene in the game that feels pointless. He's hinted at some smaller sex encounters that might do neither, but they'll be very short and easy for him to render. But for the most part, if a scene doesn't do one of those two things, or it becomes more work than it's worth, I see Neon pivoting. The game has been fine and will stay that way, 100%.

Reactions: Dee_Daa

MilesEdgeworth

Nov 8, 2021
Consensual non-consent is already in the game though...

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

I'm not a fan of the hardcore rape in this game but I liked this scene because I knew that the MC wasn't actually hurting her and it was just a bit of kinky fun. I don't think it would take too much development time to make more variations of sex scenes like this.
When does this happen? Im not sure I've seen this scene

hysepReC

Feb 16, 2022
When does this happen? Im not sure I've seen this scene
After Jamie punches the MC. Call her a ride instead of making her finish the photoshoot and you should be able to get the scene as long as you didn't do anything to upset her (like refusing to delete the topless photos).

IceWraith101

Dec 9, 2019
Hey I dont want to make the post too long. I am enjoying the game and props to the dev.

The taboo patch isnt working for me though. Mustve done something wrong. Downloaded the renpy file and put it into the game folder overwriting the other patch file in there. Nada.

Do I need to reinstall?

4.50 star(s) 193 Votes