CrazyRabbit

Engaged Member
Oct 30, 2019
Dunno if someone already asked this but if you're just nice to Gabby the first time but without eating her out, are we stuck on the friendship route or is there another opportunity ? One where it feels less like you force her into it ?

Osamabeenfappin

Nov 24, 2019
Orrrrrrrr..... Brent is just a loser that works at a convenience store, never lost any money, and almost everything that Nikki has told as a sob story is bullshit. That in reality she just spent the last three months blowing through 20 grand's worth of spray tans and tattoos while hitting the dance club every night. That too is a possibility.

And now I'm thinking holy shit,could you imagine the shit storm that would kick up.

I would love to see that

NeonGhosts

Game Developer
Mar 20, 2019
Dunno if someone already asked this but if you're just nice to Gabby the first time but without eating her out, are we stuck on the friendship route or is there another opportunity ? One where it feels less like you force her into it ?
I plan to give players another chance - the friendship route in the alley kind of hints that Gabby has a crush on MC, and I'd like to give the player the chance to get to know her a bit, and then try to get with her. Less of a lusty spur-of-the-moment thing, and more of a slow-burn friendship that spills into romance. She has a big event in Chapter Five that can play out a few ways.

Buuut, if you max out her points, push her down, and then step away from her when she shows she's unsure, Gabby will actually drop her shorts and ask MC what he wants to do to her. That way it's less forceful.

Well, here's another prediction for you to not comment about...

Nikki is going compare us to Vaughn when she sees us getting involved with Gabby. She sees herself in Gabby and will want to meddle in our affairs out of a combination of jealousy and genuine concern. Players will hate Nikki even more because she's not entirely wrong (for once).

I didn't like how the MC tried to shove his thumb up her butt without any input from the player, so maybe replace the choice to stop/continue with an earlier choice to either do it or don't. It's not a big issue or anything, but I don't think there are any big issues with the first chapter.

Not spending time together outside of work gives the MC another good reason not to have made a move on Nikki earlier and it also makes her visit to see the main character more of an exciting and unusual event for him. He went from feeling alone and unfulfilled, to also being embarrassed that he may have been caught creeping on her online photos, to optimistically hoping that his unrealistic dreams could possibly be coming true (again).

If they were regular friends who had routinely been spending time together outside of work, then we don't get quite the same roller-coaster where one minute everything's coming up Milhouse, and the next we're hit with a hard snap back to reality where you realize that she is just a former coworker who is after your newfound money, and you're dumb for getting your hopes up. It would also be less of a shock for Nikki to get the money from you without any strings if she's an established friend rather than just a coworker.
Nicki is definitely going to be the MC's conscience, I think. Or try to be. You see a little of this in Chapter Three, when MC decides to look at Cassie's photos, and Nicki calls him out on it. If he said Gabby's name during the same scene, we can expect her to have something to say once she meets Ms. Barron.

I can definitely oblige on the butt-stuff. What I'll likely do with the sex menus is what I've done since then, and make it kind of a broader menu of options, all of which route to come options. The early sex paths suffered from my inability to write decent code.

With their relationship as initially written, I wanted that work-wife, work-husband dynamic. But, I feel like it drove home this idea that they weren't exactly friends, but more like acquaintances that might flirt every now and then. Which makes it easier to embrace the idea that she's just there to get some money out of MC. I think that making them better friends beforehand accomplishes a couple things:
  • It gives a little more context/impact to his reaction to her showing up in a dress, which he's never seen before.
  • It explains why she stayed with Brent, because the guy she was hanging out with all the time never even made a move on her.
  • It increases the sense of betrayal on the dark paths.
  • It explains why she might come back, even if he was cruel to her. One moment of anger in an otherwise lengthy friendship might be understandable, and overlooked in dire enough circumstances. Not so much with a casual friend.
Still, I'll consider all my options. I don't want to totally rewrite things, but I feel like I didn't get certain things across the way I'd have liked to. If I'm going to redo the art in the first chapter, I might as well smooth out some story wrinkles that have been bothering me.

Bad idea in my opinion. Think like Brent, like a crook (small but with huge ambitions ... and needs). He wouldn't send Nicki for a penny, I rather think about money comparable to the price of a good new SUV. If Brent says he deserves a share of the MC profit, we're not talking about thousands or tens of thousands - there are millions in the game, are there?
Brent knows he won't get millions, but he's definitely counting on far more than a few hundred. Okay, he's got a debt problem, that's right. But they haven't kidnapped him or cut anything off him yet (if I remember correctly?), So it's not very serious. For him, Nicki is a separate topic. We don't know if Nicki knows the truth about Brent's debts and intentions. Is Nicki telling the truth when talking to MC (the version he believes in) or is he doing it by Brent who told her to do it? Both versions possible.
I assume that Nicki did not come to the MC on her own, without additional "motivation" - psychologically unlikely, not in her situation.

(translated by google, sorry)
Oh yeah, I don't intend to cut it down to a few hundred bucks or anything. But I think it's more believable that Brent initially went for say, $10,000 and then "bought the dip" with another $40,000, leaving Nicki on the hook for $50,000. Still a ton of money for anyone living paycheck to paycheck, but maybe a bit more understandable. Both in that a loan shark would trust him with that much, and that a rich guy might be willing to take care of that much debt. I dunno, I might be overthinking that one.

ImperialD

Devoted Member
Oct 24, 2019
Happy to do it! I was here as a member way before I ever even considered developing a game, so I know this place is just as much a big advertising spot, as it is a pirate board. I wound up supporting a bunch of games that I first discovered here.

And I gotta say, it kills me reading people's theories and not being able to just let loose with spoilers. :ROFLMAO:

Today, I'm working on the overhaul of the first chapter of the game, which will add more texture to the relationships between Brent, Nicki, and Guy/MC, diversify the sex scenes a bit (for instance, the love path sex may end up in the bedroom instead of the living room floor), tidy up the code in a way that will help me refer to events later, and hopefully clean up any little logic leaps. One thing I'm prrrrrrobably going to to do is gently nudge down the amount of debt Nicki and Brent found themselves in. I was aiming for a sum of money large enough that it'd feel like an insurmountable climb for anyone making convenience store wages, and "small" enough that it'd be fairly easy for a multi-millionaire to handle it. But, I think I overshot a bit with the initial sum, and it wound up stretching credulity in a way that became distracting.

But hey, that''s something worth asking about: what's something you'd like to see in a revamped Chapter One? And no, throwing Nicki off the balcony isn't an option.

I might (might, might, might) open up a just-friends path in Chapter One, if I can square it with Chapter Three, with minimal work. I don't want to get bogged down in making a bunch of changes, but that's been one of the most-requested features. I was always reluctant to do it, but I think I found a way that will make story sense, and still feed into Chapter Three pretty easily.
while that sounds cool and all ... how can we get rid of Brent .... he's a fucking using asshole ... at least lets us beat his ass for treating Nicki like he does .... PLEASEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE :cool::LOL:

Reactions: RC-1138 Boss

CrazyRabbit

Engaged Member
Oct 30, 2019
I plan to give players another chance - the friendship route in the alley kind of hints that Gabby has a crush on MC, and I'd like to give the player the chance to get to know her a bit, and then try to get with her. Less of a lusty spur-of-the-moment thing, and more of a slow-burn friendship that spills into romance. She has a big event in Chapter Five that can play out a few ways.

Buuut, if you max out her points, push her down, and then step away from her when she shows she's unsure, Gabby will actually drop her shorts and ask MC what he wants to do to her. That way it's less forceful.
Well that's everything I wanted ; it's perfect. Thanks man ; your game is awesome btw :giggle:

• Red Heart
Reactions: NeonGhosts
Jun 30, 2021
Am I the only one who worries that at this rate our hero will end up on the street next to beggar Mason boy?
I think it's clear from my nickname that I wasn't born into a rich family, so when you get really lucky and start making good money or winning something you want to keep at least some of it. I hope we'll have an opportunity in the game to invest in something. Because I'm getting some kind of feeling from Brewster's Millions could you slow down a bit :)

NeonGhosts

Game Developer
Mar 20, 2019
while that sounds cool and all ... how can we get rid of Brent .... he's a fucking using asshole ... at least lets us beat his ass for treating Nicki like he does .... PLEASEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE :cool::LOL:
MC will definitely get his revenge on Brent eventually. But, I have weird feelings about having the MC just throw down with him. Both because I think it'd be more satisfying to see MC do something more creative, and I think there's something about rendering violence in DAZ, that always makes it look kind of silly and try-hard. In an earlier version of FiN, I had a fight scene, and I planned to render it in 8-bit sprite art. Like River City Ransom or Final Fantasy.

Then, once the fight was over, it'd just show the aftermath of the fight in standard DAZ style. I still feel like that'd be kind of fun, but I suspect I'd find it more amusing than anyone else. :'D

Am I the only one who worries that at this rate our hero will end up on the street next to beggar Mason boy?
I think it's clear from my nickname that I wasn't born into a rich family, so when you get really lucky and start making good money or winning something you want to keep at least some of it. I hope we'll have an opportunity in the game to invest in something. Because I'm getting some kind of feeling from Brewster's Millions could you slow down a bit :)
You'll get an answer to this really soon. :censored:

ImperialD

Devoted Member
Oct 24, 2019
MC will definitely get his revenge on Brent eventually. But, I have weird feelings about having the MC just throw down with him. Both because I think it'd be more satisfying to see MC do something more creative, and I think there's something about rendering violence in DAZ, that always makes it look kind of silly and try-hard. In an earlier version of FiN, I had a fight scene, and I planned to render it in 8-bit sprite art. Like River City Ransom or Final Fantasy.

Then, once the fight was over, it'd just show the aftermath of the fight in standard DAZ style. I still feel like that'd be kind of fun, but I suspect I'd find it more amusing than anyone else. :'D

run him over with a tank would be sooo satisfying :LOL::ROFLMAO::LOL::ROFLMAO:

CrazyRabbit

Engaged Member
Oct 30, 2019
Okay, finished the update by doing the "Gabby less forceful" road (I might do a friendship to romance route too cause Gabby is the reason why we have good things on Earth)
Loved it through and through ; lots of options and good consistent writing, I applaud.

Only thing I wonder : Nicki.....why Nicki ? Why do you come in the bedroom (interrupting some important researches, I might add) in lingerie asking to be friend with benefits while we barely put the few firsts stones of rebuilding the friendship you squandered (along with the romance) AND you're not even sure of your feelings....

Nicki.... just take the job and rebuild your life. And then you can try to find love....elsewhere ofc but hey, might some not-Brent out there.

Oh and Viola is precious. We must protecc Viola.

RC-1138 Boss

Message Maven
Apr 26, 2017

V1900 has the right idea. Sent Brent to jail, pretty sure what he did to Nicki was a crime. Let him turn into a prison bitch for some immates there. :devilish::devilish::devilish:

Hmm, a 8bit style fighting sequence. I think it would look like comedy relief but not sure if it would fit the current tone of the game.:unsure:

Oh and Viola is precious. We must protecc Viola.
A rabbit of culture. :LOL:

Reactions: v1900

Alex5280

Sep 3, 2020
Am I the only one that thinks Mason is actually a girl? Probably just pretending to be a boy because living on the streets as a girl would be much more dangerous. Pretty sure she is in the banner image sitting on the couch next to the MC.

v1900

Apr 21, 2020
Am I the only one that thinks Mason is actually a girl? Probably just pretending to be a boy because living on the streets as a girl would be much more dangerous. Pretty sure she is in the banner image sitting on the couch next to the MC.
And the first time you see Mason when walking with Ashe through the alley you can tell Mason has boobs.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

RC-1138 Boss

Message Maven
Apr 26, 2017
Agree. Mason is either a girl or a trap/femboy. In both cases sleeping on the street would be indeed quite dangerous, you never know all kinds the deviants who could be walking around the streets at night.

v1900

Apr 21, 2020
Agree. Mason is either a girl or a trap/femboy. In both cases sleeping on the street would be indeed quite dangerous, you never know all kinds the deviants who could be walking around the streets at night.
Yeah, that Ashe girl giving blowjobs in the street at night. Such deviant girl. :whistle:
The MC just got caught up in her deviant ways. ;)

PHIL101-YYouPPHard

Jan 11, 2022
Hey, finished your latest chapter dev :D Was really good! Of course, I have my thoughts and criticisms if you'd like to hear them. Keep in mind this is only dark route w/ patch (I'll replay with other routes at some point :D).

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

And that's really it, mostly :D Any other ultimately minor issues I have are things that can't be changed at this point and are pure preference, so no point in mentioning them just to bitch. I can't emphasize enough how much I enjoyed it, so congrats! :D

Last edited:
Reactions: Osamabeenfappin

Jack26918

May 15, 2022
How about adding a description of what stuff the Taboo Patch adds? I really hesitate to install it and frequently cringe about possible consequences while being pulled out of the game.

Reactions: Nixo and Alex5280

gregers

Forum Fanatic
Dec 9, 2018
How about adding a description of what stuff the Taboo Patch adds? I really hesitate to install it and frequently cringe about possible consequences while being pulled out of the game.
For now, it allows rape options, lets the MC lust after his sister, and gives the ability to set Gabby's age. I'm fine with the first two and get majorly skeeved out by the latter, but YMMV.

Reactions: Alex5280

vonamatas

Jun 23, 2021
Oh yeah, I don't intend to cut it down to a few hundred bucks or anything. But I think it's more believable that Brent initially went for say, $10,000 and then "bought the dip" with another $40,000, leaving Nicki on the hook for $50,000. Still a ton of money for anyone living paycheck to paycheck, but maybe a bit more understandable. Both in that a loan shark would trust him with that much, and that a rich guy might be willing to take care of that much debt. I dunno, I might be overthinking that one.
Better, I like this idea.
BUT ... you're trying to sell me a product for 50,000 that I used to pay 10,000 for. It doesn't work that way, even with additional factors.
I have an alternative idea.

With their relationship as initially written, I wanted that work-wife, work-husband dynamic. But, I feel like it drove home this idea that they weren't exactly friends, but more like acquaintances that might flirt every now and then. Which makes it easier to embrace the idea that she's just there to get some money out of MC. I think that making them better friends beforehand accomplishes a couple things:
  • It gives a little more context/impact to his reaction to her showing up in a dress, which he's never seen before.
  • It explains why she stayed with Brent, because the guy she was hanging out with all the time never even made a move on her.
  • It increases the sense of betrayal on the dark paths.
  • It explains why she might come back, even if he was cruel to her. One moment of anger in an otherwise lengthy friendship might be understandable, and overlooked in dire enough circumstances. Not so much with a casual friend.
Still, I'll consider all my options. I don't want to totally rewrite things, but I feel like I didn't get certain things across the way I'd have liked to. If I'm going to redo the art in the first chapter, I might as well smooth out some story wrinkles that have been bothering me.
It changes a lot, from the psychological point of view it practically turns the situation upside down.
OK, let's see where this leads us.

MC will definitely get his revenge on Brent eventually. But, I have weird feelings about having the MC just throw down with him. Both because I think it'd be more satisfying to see MC do something more creative, and I think there's something about rendering violence in DAZ, that always makes it look kind of silly and try-hard.
Yes yes yes and definitely YES !!
I don't know how, but Brent has to be punished.

"What if" scenario"

Brent sends Nicki for big money, at least half a million. Yes, I know, he'll never get that much, but the boy has his dreams and needs, right?
Alternatively, this time, he will agree to a "first installment" of 10,000 to get rid of his debts. But even giving Nicki that money won't satisfy her boyfriend's "claims".

On the other hand, Nicki has her own plan. She needs to pay her debts, the whole situation scares her and she wants to get out of it. Not "get out" from the relationship (?!?) with Brent, but from the complications it causes. She needs a few hundred, maybe 2-3 thousand. This will cover the most urgent needs, pay off the worst debt, and nothing else.

Dark path - you give (or not) a few thousand (that's how much Nicki needs), and do what you want with her.
You can give her 10,000 (Brent's wish), and do anything with her.
Or not do.
Or (love path) - you give her less than Brent wants, and you end up with friendly kisses and hugs.
In both cases, we will see Nicki in the following episodes. Probably in each of them? After all, Brent earns little, Nicki too, and they can both spend a lot. Together. Or you give Nicki as much as Brent agrees minimally -> kisses and hugs, no sex ;-) Maybe - just maybe!! blowjob, but nothing rough (no penetration, forget anal etc). Hehehe

Next time Nicki comes in with a bigger problem. Brent has large debts and enemies, which in his case is a painfully predictable consequence.
He needs more money, at least 50,000. Nicki has more motivation this time, because Brent "friends" threatening him and her too. She will agree to photos and even sex. Anal sex is an option ... dark path ;-)

I was just thinking - where does Brent get the rest of the money from? His needs are big, he can borrow money from nowhere (at least "normally").
Maybe Brent was selling drugs? in the store where he works?
Maybe he sent Nicki to the street to work as a prostitute. Maybe both?!?
This opens up new interesting possibilities.

Logically, the next loan Nicki comes for will be needed to take Brent out of custody.
Brent is not very clever, police/DEA/FBI will catch him someday ...

See you next time, Nicki!

Such a scenario means that chapter one is neither too long nor too complicated. And at the same time it lets you mix a Nicki / Brent couple in the following chapters.

Last edited:
4.50 star(s) 194 Votes