Alea iacta est

Nov 16, 2019
So you're saying windows defender going apeshit on my own game, from my own computer, isn't a false positive?
Dude, it is very clear how security in IT works..

Microsoft invests every year 1billion in cybersecurity..and in what you loosely call apeshit...

Who should I trust? an organization that own a cloud and spend billion in cybersecurity... or Mr. Insomnimaniac??

• Haha
Reactions: Julius and xana94

Insomnimaniac Games

Degenerate Handholder
Game Developer
May 25, 2017
Dude, it is very clear how security in IT works..

Microsoft invests every year 1billion in cybersecurity..and in what you loosely call apeshit...

Who should I trust? an organization that own a cloud and spend billion in cybersecurity... or Mr. Insomnimaniac??
And here's a to Microsofts guide on what to do if Windows Defender gives a false positive. Here's a quote, so you don't have to read the whole thing. "False positives or negatives can occasionally occur with any threat protection solution."

Reactions: Julius
Mar 21, 2022
can you post a screenshot of the pop up you get from windows defender or whatever anti virus you use?

or if someone else gets it can you post a screenshot

Last edited:

Joker619

Nov 4, 2020
Thanks for sharing...

...but again, you do not download on your hard drive a file that has been detected as a virus....(basic IT security).
Even selecting the file, triggers preview that virus can exploit.

Anyway, not my business here. Bye
Bro, if you don't want to download it, then don't download it :ROFLMAO:

No need to make a thing out of it.

Reactions: xana94

Shiea

Nov 10, 2017
Seems people are super uninformed, the threat in particular is called "Script/Wacatac.B!ml", that little "ml" bit? That means Machine Learning, meaning an AI decided that it's a virus not a person, this can occur when the ai reads a particular line in the script code that it deems "unsafe" usually in this case it's something that bypasses something you'll see it a lot in cracked games for example, is it possible it's a real virus? Sure! But as posted earlier you can check that yourself in a more complete checker like virustotal etc.

3.50 star(s) 26 Votes