Unity Abandoned From Angel to Danger [v0.0.6] [Bermudo]

bermudo

Apr 25, 2018
I could tell you how I envision things, maybe next release to see where you are at? Is there a budget for a creative design consultant in this affair? :p
Oh man, I wish we had an extra budget!

Sure thing, you're always welcome to give your feedback!

You will see changes happening bit by bit as we have to balance between adding new content, fixing bugs and polishing the game based on all the feedback we've got, me and artist are working 8-10 hours at day jobs an sometimes crunching hard so it's gonna take some time but we'll get there eventually :)

betatest001

Jun 15, 2017
Thanks a lot for your support!

What do you like and dislike?
How can we improve the game in your opinion?
Because I run a toaster, it comes handy its simplicity and how it's able to run on low end devices. controls and instructions pretty clear and straight forward. the pixelated models feel a little odd with the 3DCG but it's a WIP so I'm not too critical about it. the text is a bit too slow, maybe a "show all text or skip" function in the future + the story Is also a bit confusing. inside the bar, if you move to the right u get out of the map and kinda hard to get back in but still possible. the chatting with people in the streets is a bit long and tedious, maybe put a cap on the green and purple bars to about 100 maybe? other than that it's all pretty simple but well made for a first build. I'll be looking forward to see where this goes.

Reactions: bermudo

bermudo

Apr 25, 2018
Because I run a toaster, it comes handy its simplicity and how it's able to run on low end devices. controls and instructions pretty clear and straight forward. the pixelated models feel a little odd with the 3DCG but it's a WIP so I'm not too critical about it. the text is a bit too slow, maybe a "show all text or skip" function in the future + the story Is also a bit confusing. inside the bar, if you move to the right u get out of the map and kinda hard to get back in but still possible. the chatting with people in the streets is a bit long and tedious, maybe put a cap on the green and purple bars to about 100 maybe? other than that it's all pretty simple but well made for a first build. I'll be looking forward to see where this goes.
Hi, thanks for your feedback!

-We're working on graphics improvements already!
The first thing we're touching at this moment is UI
The main world perspective will most likely remain as is
but the overall environment is going to blend better with the characters so there won't be a mix of high poly meshes and pixel art, this is an ugly part for sure
Our next goal is to transfer CG to 2d to be able to have an ability to animate things since it's easier than dealing with an extra axis in 3d :)

-That's a good suggestion about the text typing speed, I'll speed it up in v0.0.2!

-The story is about to be changed indeed, I have adjusted some dialogues already and going to explain the whole plot better with further updates!

-The chatting with people is something that is unlimited just for this testing build :)
There should be some sort of limited amount of social interactions you can do per day so it aligns well with the future changes in social system. As for random events - I see a lot of people complain that they take a long while so I'm thinking about more dynamic player-driven way of dealing with things, imo just a small amount of aggressive events that happen very infrequently should have an ability to block player's input, everything else should be highly optional

Thanks again, this is very interesting, I've noted your feedback

Reactions: betatest001

BaasB

Post Pro
Uploader
Donor
Respected User
Aug 5, 2018
v0.0.3:

Win

Linux

Changelog v0.0.3:

• Around 36 new renders
  • Dialogue system with 8 different dialogues branches
  • Better quest system
  • 2 Totally new NPCs, Tony Santora is a side quest one and Random Peeker is the guy who will be helpful for you in future but if you don't keep your promise he will ruin your fate in street in the next update!
  • Fight system, ability to start a fight with various NPCs in-game and get defeated with consequences!
  • Health/Stamina, something that came along with the fight system but there's a lot of design choices I can do with these in the very near future
  • 1 New scene where you have to do something with Tony, won't spoil you what :)
  • Animations for characters sprites
  • VO for combat
  • New music for street, less annoying than previous one hah, ambient music in streets and new combat music!
  • lots more of various minor and major improvements! I can't even count them

slayerfox

May 19, 2018
I don't usually download games this early in development, but i'll give this one a shot, and give you some feedback when I'm done.

Edit: Playing through the game, I've noticed some things

First, overall, I like the game. The scenes are a bit basic, but it's y'alls first game, and you're only doing this part-time, so I don't hold that against you.
The addition of challenges is a great addition to the game, I always enjoy stuff like that, and can't wait to see what you guys come up with next.
My biggest gripe comes up during the scene where you first meet the Macchese family member: the text scrolls across the screen at a snails pace, then sits there for an eternity, with no way for me to click/press my way through the dialogue to speed it up. I hate, hate, hate it when games have stuff like this. To the point that if there's more of that kinda thing I'll honestly just stop playing the game.
Another bug I noticed: when offering a blowjob to one of the npc's, the game went to a black screen and I was forced to exit the game.

Other than that? great game so far, keep up the good work!

Last edited:

bermudo

Apr 25, 2018
I don't usually download games this early in development, but i'll give this one a shot, and give you some feedback when I'm done.

Edit: Playing through the game, I've noticed some things

First, overall, I like the game. The scenes are a bit basic, but it's y'alls first game, and you're only doing this part-time, so I don't hold that against you.
The addition of challenges is a great addition to the game, I always enjoy stuff like that, and can't wait to see what you guys come up with next.
My biggest gripe comes up during the scene where you first meet the Macchese family member: the text scrolls across the screen at a snails pace, then sits there for an eternity, with no way for me to click/press my way through the dialogue to speed it up. I hate, hate, hate it when games have stuff like this. To the point that if there's more of that kinda thing I'll honestly just stop playing the game.
Another bug I noticed: when offering a blowjob to one of the npc's, the game went to a black screen and I was forced to exit the game.

Other than that? great game so far, keep up the good work!
Hi slayerfox!
Thank you so much, first of all, I'm very glad you like the game and your feedback is invaluable!
Sorry for a long reply, I wasn't even aware someone updated my game over here, quite a while has passed since the game's first appearance here, and obviously, it was in a pretty bad state at the beginning but I'm slowly moving to the target of having better gameplay and visuals and making the game feel and look better as much as I can

Now speaking of that cutscene - I admit I fucked up that one a little and it's hunting me from the past :)
All the cutscenes like this in the future will always be skippable
I've released a new public update v0.0.4.1 just today (both on and ) and it offers you to skip the cutscene if you hold the "E" button, I'd like to redo the cutscene entirely but currently it's enough as it is I guess? More fun first!

As for challenges and other stuff - indeed that's a great addition, I'm still thinking of the new challenges and how to base them around the gameplay and keep them separate from the new minigames but make them immersive so they're different than said minigames!

"Another bug I noticed: when offering a blowjob to one of the npc's, the game went to a black screen and I was forced to exit the game."
Thanks for reporting this one! Currently the conversation system is off as I want to improve it and make a mass impact on pedestrians instead of clicking them one by one, still brainstorming this approach but it should be more fun than the older one!

Reactions: slayerfox

bermudo

Apr 25, 2018
v0.0.3:

Win
Mega

Linux
Mega

Changelog v0.0.3:

• Around 36 new renders
  • Dialogue system with 8 different dialogues branches
  • Better quest system
  • 2 Totally new NPCs, Tony Santora is a side quest one and Random Peeker is the guy who will be helpful for you in future but if you don't keep your promise he will ruin your fate in street in the next update!
  • Fight system, ability to start a fight with various NPCs in-game and get defeated with consequences!
  • Health/Stamina, something that came along with the fight system but there's a lot of design choices I can do with these in the very near future
  • 1 New scene where you have to do something with Tony, won't spoil you what :)
  • Animations for characters sprites
  • VO for combat
  • New music for street, less annoying than previous one hah, ambient music in streets and new combat music!
  • lots more of various minor and major improvements! I can't even count them
Thanks for updating my game over here!

Do you think it's possible to update the game to the latest v0.0.4.1 that was released today and replace the screenshots from as those are newer?
Thank you very much!

John Conner

Jun 1, 2017
hwo do you actually lose a fight? i wanted to see what the consequenses would be but the enemies basicaly never even actually hit me so it's impossible for me to actually lose

Dole

Well-Known Karen
Apr 28, 2017
0.0.6 Public Sep 25, 2021

Win

MAC&LINUX you must download from itch.io