♍VoidTraveler

Forum Fanatic
Apr 14, 2021
Heh, those lame-ass costumes man.
Japs kinda always sucked at creating cool looking costumes in those super hero-ish games/anime.
Oh well, not like i'm gonna be wasting my time on this jank anyway. :whistle::coffee:

RNDM

Engaged Member
Mar 10, 2018
Heh, those lame-ass costumes man.
Japs kinda always sucked at creating cool looking costumes in those super hero-ish games/anime.
...as opposed to what, the always totally awesome and rad full-body tights of the Western superhero genre? :unsure:

♍VoidTraveler

Forum Fanatic
Apr 14, 2021
...as opposed to what, the always totally awesome and rad full-body tights of the Western superhero genre? :unsure:
But of course, nobody beats Marvel when it comes down to awesome.

or

This.

I know what i'd go with lmao. :whistle::coffee:

RNDM

Engaged Member
Mar 10, 2018
But of course, nobody beats Marvel when it comes down to awesome.

or

This.

I know what i'd go with lmao. :whistle::coffee:
The one and only DOCTOR DOOM does not, in fact, wear the generic primary-colour spandexes you might have noted. As is only appropriate for a man of such stature. (Unwashed peasants might mutter about the habit of wearing what amounts to a cut-down off-green friar's robe over his gnarly power armour suit tho...)

Counterpoint, and basically the rest of the overwhelming and mostly rightly obscure majority of the truly Brobdingnagian "throw-shit-at-wall-and-see-what-sticks" rosters already the big publishers have put out over the decades. Or put like this - not too long ago I parsed for the late, great, intentionally cheesy as all fuck Freedom Force series mostly consisting of faithful renditions of diverse published characters.
The experience did not leave me with a particularly high opinion of the visual creative skills of the average genre staffer over the years.

The JP "ranger team" genre uniform style at least has the excuse of coming from a very prolific and often questionably budgeted industry of live action TV shows where obvious practical considerations impose rather more substantial constraints than are found on ink and paper. (The "rider" variety of transforming heroes tend to have more creative, varied and elaborate outfits - that they tend to only appear in smaller numbers, often being solitary, no doubt has some distinct relevance for the prop budgeting.)

• Haha
Reactions: ♍VoidTraveler
3.30 star(s) 3 Votes