4.00 star(s) 21 Votes

gremmie

Jun 4, 2017
(-_-) I thought this was Futsal-sekai

I ff'ed thru it and no such luck

The characters are overstuffed

Tantrichell

Feb 2, 2020
Does anyone know if this game would work with low end pc, mostly with ones that have intel graffic cards

BupoTiling03-Retired

Modder
Jul 21, 2018
Does anyone know if this game would work with low end pc, mostly with ones that have intel graffic cards
It's more about whether your GPU has whatever encoder they used for the WebM and whether it properly implements OpenGL. Intel, mostly forget it. You'll probably end up with white-masking transparency issues.

Tantrichell

Feb 2, 2020
It's more about whether your GPU has whatever encoder they used for the WebM and whether it properly implements OpenGL. Intel, mostly forget it. You'll probably end up with white-masking transparency issues.
Not too common with with most technical wordings, would it be playabel. I mean I don't mind white-masking transparancy

BupoTiling03-Retired

Modder
Jul 21, 2018
Not too common with with most technical wordings, would it be playabel. I mean I don't mind white-masking transparancy
I don't understand the first sentence, I think you maybe meant to ask “I'm not familiar with technical dialog/jargon, would it be playable?” ? You'd most likely face broken white-masking transparency.

Last edited:

tontoman

May 4, 2017
I've played Renpy games on an old laptop with integrated graphics (no video card). You might need the extra codexs to display Webm files.

K-lite codec pack is what I use. Choose the standard one (don't hit the 'start now' button though, ads).

WebM not displaying info

Reactions: Tantrichell

BupoTiling03-Retired

Modder
Jul 21, 2018
If you're using anything post-Windows 7, don't touch codec packs. That's an ancient way of doing things. I'm not going to do into depth about how stupid it is, but it's the wrong way to deal with these kinds of things. So that this doesn't come off as some elitist shove-off: It's up to software developers to go out of their way to add support for any n-coding (encoding, decoding), be it encoding or decoding, CPU-based (generic software libraries with compiler-based optimized routines or not, out-of-scope here) or GPU-based (which can also be software-based or hardware-accelerated). You can't just throw codecs at something expecting it to work, the software must be written to support even looking for specific ones. Adding in non-expected versions from packs is about as stupid as you can get, it can break any number of poorly-written software that may be fine because of lacking non-integrated codecs. It's just royally stupid stuff that held on from days when codecs were actually useful, Windows 7 and under. Now most software simply ship with ffmpeg (handles many actual formats) and/or rely on native (CPU or GPU-based, any fashion, be it driver-based or software-based that can be loaded) means of n-coding. Of course, this all relies on software developers envisioning the need for it in theirs and implementing it. If a software doesn't even know how to use a codec, let alone isn't even programmed to interact with it, it's 100% useless and won't do anything. Ren'Py may have some compensating effort, dunno. But codec-packing is old and severely out-dated, useful only for extremely ancient n-coders that should actually be installed separately in VMs isolated to interact with old software. In short, stop buying Intel GPUs until they have native OpenGL, Vulkan, VP8, VP9, HEVC (h265), or ask software developers to use ffmpeg (which handles almost anything out there, it's not a “codec pack”, it is one library meant to automatically use CPU or GPU-based means, think of it as an “end of all bull” effort to try to move beyond those ancient times.) In this particular case, the developer of the game should just re-encode the WebM files as MP4 and stick to h264 with lower resolution and quality. You don't need perfection. No game uses 1:1 fidelity, even on modern GPUs (brand-new ones). A single frame in 1:1 quality would be 6.22MB assuming 32-bit RGB, multiply that by 24 (rounded film FPS) and you're looking at about 150MB/s for true 1:1 32-bit quality. Of course, I'm talking about videos (because the game uses them). MP4, JPEG/PNG, for compatibility with older rigs.

Last edited:
Reactions: Tantrichell

Tantrichell

Feb 2, 2020
If you're using anything post-Windows 7, don't touch codec packs. That's an ancient way of doing things. I'm not going to do into depth about how stupid it is, but it's the wrong way to deal with these kinds of things. So that this doesn't come off as some elitist shove-off: It's up to software developers to go out of their way to add support for any n-coding (encoding, decoding), be it encoding or decoding, CPU-based (generic software libraries with compiler-based optimized routines or not, out-of-scope here) or GPU-based (which can also be software-based or hardware-accelerated). You can't just throw codecs at something expecting it to work, the software must be written to support even looking for specific ones. Adding in non-expected versions from packs is about as stupid as you can get, it can break any number of poorly-written software that may be fine because of lacking non-integrated codecs. It's just royally stupid stuff that held on from days when codecs were actually useful, Windows 7 and under. Now most software simply ship with ffmpeg (handles many actual formats) and/or rely on native (CPU or GPU-based, any fashion, be it driver-based or software-based that can be loaded) means of n-coding. Of course, this all relies on software developers envisioning the need for it in theirs and implementing it. If a software doesn't even know how to use a codec, let alone isn't even programmed to interact with it, it's 100% useless and won't do anything. Ren'Py may have some compensating effort, dunno. But codec-packing is old and severely out-dated, useful only for extremely ancient n-coders that should actually be installed separately in VMs isolated to interact with old software. In short, stop buying Intel GPUs until they have native OpenGL, Vulkan, VP8, VP9, HEVC (h265), or ask software developers to use ffmpeg (which handles almost anything out there, it's not a “codec pack”, it is one library meant to automatically use CPU or GPU-based means, think of it as an “end of all bull” effort to try to move beyond those ancient times.) In this particular case, the developer of the game should just re-encode the WebM files as MP4 and stick to h264 with lower resolution and quality. You don't need perfection. No game uses 1:1 fidelity, even on modern GPUs (brand-new ones). A single frame in 1:1 quality would be 6.22MB assuming 32-bit RGB, multiply that by 24 (rounded film FPS) and you're looking at about 150MB/s for true 1:1 32-bit quality. Of course, I'm talking about videos (because the game uses them). MP4, JPEG/PNG, for compatibility with older rigs.
Thanks for the info, I was lost on how most of the software works on my low end computer, don't really have the time right now, but would test the game out to see if there are any issues

BupoTiling03-Retired

Modder
Jul 21, 2018
Thanks for the info, I was lost on how most of the software works on my low end computer, don't really have the time right now, but would test the game out to see if there are any issues
It's all complicated, so I didn't write up an entire technical treatise on it. And just because a pack fixes on thing doesn't mean it doesn't break everything else. I was there, 3000-years ago, when XP was new.

tontoman

May 4, 2017
Not elitist, just wrong. There's a reason why Klite codec pack exists and is still updated. And if your solution is to get a dev to 're-encode' his game just for you. Good luck.

Anyway after that bad techno dump, I'm sure there would be another in response, so to save you typing time (and off topic spam on the thread) don't bother if it's for me, as I've got you on ignore. I know where this goes.

Yeah, you can try the game and see if it works, no harm done. If you get error messages about format, you can try the codex pack. I've been around since DOS, and I've always used the Klite pack since it came out. Klite has been around forever, is still being updated and it's as standard a util as WinRAR for archives is for me.

Here is a paragraph from Microsoft themselves about codecs if it makes you feel better.

"Windows Media Player includes some of the most popular codecs, like MP3, Windows Media Audio, and Windows Media Video. However, it doesn't include the codecs required for Blu‑ray Disc files, FLAC files, or FLV files. If something isn’t working in Windows Media Player, you might not have the right codec on your PC. The easiest way to fix this problem is to go online and search for the codec you need."

Sorry the decision is on you now, but just know it can be uninstalled if you need to, and you might not need it anyway.

BupoTiling03-Retired

Modder
Jul 21, 2018
Not elitist, just wrong. There's a reason why Klite codec pack exists and is still updated. And if your solution is to get a dev to 're-encode' his game just for you. Good luck.

Anyway after that bad techno dump, I'm sure there would be another in response, so to save you typing time (and off topic spam on the thread) don't bother if it's for me, as I've got you on ignore. I know where this goes.

Yeah, you can try the game and see if it works, no harm done. If you get error messages about format, you can try the codex pack. I've been around since DOS, and I've always used the Klite pack since it came out. Klite has been around forever, is still being updated and it's as standard a util as WinRAR for archives is for me.

Here is a paragraph from Microsoft themselves about codecs if it makes you feel better.

"Windows Media Player includes some of the most popular codecs, like MP3, Windows Media Audio, and Windows Media Video. However, it doesn't include the codecs required for Blu‑ray Disc files, FLAC files, or FLV files. If something isn’t working in Windows Media Player, you might not have the right codec on your PC. The easiest way to fix this problem is to go online and search for the codec you need."

Sorry the decision is on you now, but just know it can be uninstalled if you need to, and you might not need it anyway.
No, it isn't wrong, and it's just another codec pack project being kept alive by legacy thinking. The re-encoding suggestion was only that, a suggestion. These posts will be for others to read, tontoman's understanding is wrong. Just like his use of WinRAR (7z does it all, including RAR, and is free and open-source, cross-platform support, legal as well). The paragraph from Microsoft is being used to incorrectly try to support his argument. He's not taking into account that software needs to use the Windows Media Foundations API or WMP integration to even use whatever WMP will support. "doesn't support BD, FLAC, FLV" is proof enough that software choice of integration is key in being able to use something. Whether it has a GPU do it or a library (such as ffmpeg), that's up to the developer. tontoman is an idiot that can't even support his argument.

Evizzy89

Aug 1, 2021
Okay I'll list off a bit I remember.

A Failure to Launch: Hiatus after two updates.
AFutaFuture:Updates yes, but small in size.
DotFP:Updates, but still in the beginning stages.
Futadom World: Love it, but it's near it's end.
Futa Dormitory:Beginning still only two updates.
Futa Oasis:Very strong start, but now it's small updates.
Homecoming:I like this game, it has a pretty good story, but it's complete now. I'm bring it up because it finished updating only a month or two ago.
Sex and Fantasy: Maybe once a year update, and it's a chapter. The plot hasn't gotten anywhere.
Shackles of Ellswyn: Looks good, but updates? If it does it's tiny like a scene after months.
Shadow over Blackmore: Potential, but no real updates yet pass the initial two.
Shattered: Love that game, so no criticism pass it's age and how much story maybe left.
Star Mars: I like it, but not much content outside one real path. The main story is bare still.
Star Periphery: Very hopeful for this to continue, but it's only two updates in.
Tales of Androgyny: Is good if you like a game to play, but it's combat not exactly easy at all.
The Futa Experiment: Still early and the updates have been shallow in my opinion.
The Proteus Effect: Started good, but now it's updates are tiny and over the course of years.

Anyways I felt I'd list quite a few, since I was going over what I could remember off the top my head that are on my list, as Futadom games over just a game with a token Futa in it for fan service. I still slipped a few more in if the game has either multiple Futa, or the Futa is one of the main character, so you get a lot of content. Ah, I did pass on MC Futa, lol. Just a personal thing, I'm a sub and most MC Trans/Futa are dominant. Anyways I hope I at least listed things people maybe tempted to look up to check out even with some of their problems they're still playable games that can be enjoyed.
can you recommend one that has a variety of choices (such as character/content) I have played Futadom/Oasis/ToA and I am about to try Star Periphery
ideally one that involves being dominated

Reactions: PinkNova

PinkNova

May 2, 2018
can you recommend one that has a variety of choices (such as character/content) I have played Futadom/Oasis/ToA and I am about to try Star Periphery
ideally one that involves being dominated
Well I'd definitely recommend Star Periphery since it is very enjoyable for what is there so far, but variety of choices....I really feel the only one that fits well would be Shattered. It has tons of reading and choices, while is it is pretty much a path laid out there's so much reading and content you can feel pretty good with how flushed out the characters are. Sadly I have bad long term memory, so I can't recall something on the compete side that's great to try with Futa, especially since you've played Futadom World.

Reactions: Evizzy89
4.00 star(s) 21 Votes