La Me

Apr 10, 2018
Oh my god yes, I was hoping this game would come here. I just noticed it the other day because it's the same artist as for crummy classroom that got abandoned. I love their art so good luck with the game I look forward to the future!

FutabaSakura8

May 21, 2021
Oh my god yes, I was hoping this game would come here. I just noticed it the other day because it's the same artist as for crummy classroom that got abandoned. I love their art so good luck with the game I look forward to the future!
wait i just remembered that got abandoned and the artist said they're done working games, and now those two are both working on new games lol. (not insinuating anything I get that life happens it's just kinda funny)

Orphanus

Oct 25, 2019
Oh my, finally played through the current content & what can I say? This doesn't just look good, the writing also is really good in my uneducated (and more importantly non-native-speaker) opinion. I very much like the style, it's simple enough but at the same time has a certain elegance to it from the choice of words. So far the game world is vibrant, the protagonist is super likeable (and hot :censored:) but so are the ladies she got to meet. My absolute favorite thus far has been Laura, which probably isn't exactly surprising. She just seems made to be loveable & obviously is, as Maya described it I think, an absolute bombshell. Awesome, wholesome dynamic between the two of them and I feel pretty safe to assume she is 1 of the potential romance options.
The lewd scenes are appealing without a doubt, the music is enjoyable enough as a background tune and the single thing coming to my mind that would be a nice little touch is the option to name the protagonist ourselves, but that is literally irrelevant and if it would require more work than adding literally 1 line of code somewhere don't even think about it.
Obviously my only real woe is that it is version 0.1 and not 10x as long, which would have been quite neat. :cautious::ROFLMAO:

Don't really wanna rate this early a version but so far it would be 5 stars and I am very optimistic it will stay like that, I'll gladly write a proper review when this has advanced to around halfway done.
Reading you guys worked on a game previously (even though it wasn't finished) is a positive thing in my book for the time being (since that can happen to anyone basically and it doesn't mean anything bad unless it becomes a repeated thing again and again) because it means experience & also you'll be a lot less likely to trip over the hazards that can befell development when you walk in with little to no personal experience and life gets in the way.

Fantastic experience thus far, now I can't wait for updates even more than before. :love:

Nethuum

Futariuum's Gate Lead Artist & Game Director
Game Developer
May 26, 2022
wait i just remembered that got abandoned and the artist said they're done working games, and now those two are both working on new games lol. (not insinuating anything I get that life happens it's just kinda funny)
Life stuff happens, which is a learning experience (not necessarily a bad thing, otherwise Futariuum's Gate wouldn't exist). I work with a completely different team, where everyone has experience on their field, as well as I've improved tremendously as an artist and game developer over the time. Everyone in the team is going to work on the project for the long term.

Last edited:

TeraWatt

Futariuum's Gate Writer and Fanfiction Writer
Game Developer
Aug 1, 2023
Oh my, finally played through the current content & what can I say? This doesn't just look good, the writing also is really good in my uneducated (and more importantly non-native-speaker) opinion. I very much like the style, it's simple enough but at the same time has a certain elegance to it from the choice of words. So far the game world is vibrant, the protagonist is super likeable (and hot :censored:) but so are the ladies she got to meet. My absolute favorite thus far has been Laura, which probably isn't exactly surprising. She just seems made to be loveable & obviously is, as Maya described it I think, an absolute bombshell. Awesome, wholesome dynamic between the two of them and I feel pretty safe to assume she is 1 of the potential romance options.
Thank you so much for the compliments to my writing :D, I really appreciate that you're invested already! I'm trying to make all the characters distinct and rounded and I'm glad they're likeable as well.

Just for clarification, ALL of the "real world" characters will have routes including lots of lewd scenes when we update the game with the social sim systems. So both Laura and Nicole, as well as future characters will be able to be romanced simultaneously.

Sheepy Cloud

Apr 22, 2020
Futa (Herm) + Tentacles + MILF?
Sounds like a fun time.
I'll come back in a year or two if the game doesn't get abandoned.

Orphanus

Oct 25, 2019
Thank you so much for the compliments to my writing :D, I really appreciate that you're invested already! I'm trying to make all the characters distinct and rounded and I'm glad they're likeable as well.

Just for clarification, ALL of the "real world" characters will have routes including lots of lewd scenes when we update the game with the social sim systems. So both Laura and Nicole, as well as future characters will be able to be romanced simultaneously.
Ohh, so no repercussions for Maya being generously sharing the undoubtedly bountiful love bottled up in her heart? :love: At all? Part of me is a sucker for having different endings with different characters & playing a game multiple times, but that applies more to a slightly different type of visual novel. Seeing how we are going to navigate the game world I think I prefer having the option to freely go after the characters I like most, which I have a certain feeling will be probably all female characters that are available. :oops::ROFLMAO:

You are doing great with Maya, Laura & Nicole, even
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
came across as an entity with a personality...and their indignation was as priceless as Maya loosing it there. Can't blame her, after that day.

I'm a big fan of Laura being such a genuinely kind person & I feel quite bad for Maya feeling so insecure and terrible about herself that she hasn't been able to open up to Laura enough to see that she'd without a doubt would find someone willing to try help her back up. Well, that's just my personal impression of course.

Nicole also is sweet, and adorably oblivious apparently, her so fondly remembering poor Maya endears her to me immediately & that's before even taking into account her intensely appealing looks. I'm curious to see what her role in the story will be & if her shop will be a potential workplace if any such mechanics (earning money e.g.) are planned.

Also thanks for giving Maya's quite harsh assessments of her own person a certain humorous touch by your choice of words and the phrasing, she sure is cruel to herself...but of course that is anything but an unrealistic behavior. :confused:
Nice to find it mellowed a bit like that because it keeps the generally heartwarming, wholesome vibe present even in those moments!

TeraWatt

Futariuum's Gate Writer and Fanfiction Writer
Game Developer
Aug 1, 2023
Ohh, so no repercussions for Maya being generously sharing the undoubtedly bountiful love bottled up in her heart? :love: At all? Part of me is a sucker for having different endings with different characters & playing a game multiple times, but that applies more to a slightly different type of visual novel. Seeing how we are going to navigate the game world I think I prefer having the option to freely go after the characters I like most, which I have a certain feeling will be probably all female characters that are available. :oops::ROFLMAO:

You are doing great with Maya, Laura & Nicole, even
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
came across as an entity with a personality...and their indignation was as priceless as Maya loosing it there. Can't blame her, after that day.

I'm a big fan of Laura being such a genuinely kind person & I feel quite bad for Maya feeling so insecure and terrible about herself that she hasn't been able to open up to Laura enough to see that she'd without a doubt would find someone willing to try help her back up. Well, that's just my personal impression of course.

Nicole also is sweet, and adorably oblivious apparently, her so fondly remembering poor Maya endears her to me immediately & that's before even taking into account her intensely appealing looks. I'm curious to see what her role in the story will be & if her shop will be a potential workplace if any such mechanics (earning money e.g.) are planned.

Also thanks for giving Maya's quite harsh assessments of her own person a certain humorous touch by your choice of words and the phrasing, she sure is cruel to herself...but of course that is anything but an unrealistic behavior. :confused:
Nice to find it mellowed a bit like that because it keeps the generally heartwarming, wholesome vibe present even in those moments!
This is honestly actually so rewarding that Maya's life, internal monologue and relationships are coming off exactly as I intended! I was really worried for a while I wouldn't be able to get the tone right but I think I've nailed it. It took quite a few script revisions before we got to that stage.

Stay tuned for further updates! Some of the things you mentioned, you're actually right on the money for future content.

As for the structure, yes the plan for this is more like, if you keep playing the same save file you'll get all the content eventually. It's "eye-shaped", if that makes sense, rather than branching narratives, how you get to the end differs per player. The ending is still a long way off though, we'll see about branches and endings.

jinternet

Mar 27, 2021
In terms of supporting the creators is patreon, subcribestar, or buy me a coffe a better option. Never used any of them so dont really know whats better or different

Orphanus

Oct 25, 2019
In terms of supporting the creators is patreon, subcribestar, or buy me a coffe a better option. Never used any of them so dont really know whats better or different
Subscribestar generally is the most reliable one, Patreon has a tendency to arbitrarily come down on Creators they don't like (for whatever reason) so there have been a bunch of cases were people got treated rather unfairly by them. I don't know anything about buy me a coffee, sorry.

4.00 star(s) 15 Votes