VN Ren'Py Game Dev Journal: Inner Demons (Ch 4 progress)

GrayTShirt

Game Developer
Nov 27, 2019
Still working on images. Decided to look into this whole "spectral rendering" brew ha ha.
SR_Off.jpg
SR_On.jpg
TOP: Spectral Rendering OFF
BOTTOM: Spectral Rendering ON
The blue seams that I've been having to photoshop out are caused by SR being ON. I tried it OFF in the top image.
You can see a real difference, at least in this lighting. Also, Each image only rendered for 45 seconds, so that might have something to do with it. Anyway, I've decided to leave it on since I think it looks better, in this context.
-GTS

GrayTShirt

Game Developer
Nov 27, 2019
IMHO, for IRAY, Spectral Rendering is problematic and not worth losing SSS over. SSS is far more efficient and effective at increasing the fidelity of renders.
I've still got 18 renders left in my queue, and 17 more needed to be made in this scene series. Once those are done, I'll start testing out SSS. Might as well keep the images consistent until I get to the new scene.
Thank you for the tip!

GrayTShirt

Game Developer
Nov 27, 2019
So, trying to work on a ghost model. Not as transparent as I'd like, but getting there. Funny thing though.
Seems I literally have ghost nipples.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Reactions: kfrazer099

GrayTShirt

Game Developer
Nov 27, 2019
I think I'm fucked...
dForce errors not resolving, constant errors trying to render, slow viewport, I'm at my wits end.
I've tried everything to fix these things. Nothing is working.
I'm going to have to uninstall and reinstall Daz. Wouldn't be a problem... if I could remember what assets I bought or just downloaded. My character models have tons of customization, there's no way I can re-create them perfectly.
Fucking hate this... This is why I drink...

I'm gonna go bang my head against the wall while I try to salvage all of this fucking characters...
Almost 2 years of work...

• Wow

osanaiko

Engaged Member
Modder
Jul 4, 2017
Take a deep breath!

did you update GPU drivers recently? or (horror) daz version? or windows?

if worst comes to worst, the way I "backup" custom characters is to use the properties pane, set the display to "Currently Used", then write down in a separate text file the settings for the various morph sliders. I also write down (when I can remember) the various source characters, clothing items, skin mods etc.

Separately to that, the folder with the saves is independent from the Daz installation. so you'll be able to get the DUFs etc back. Then the trouble is finding and reinstalling all the morphs etc you're using.

20/20 hindsight, but remember that it's possible to install nearly all daz assets to a non-default "library". (the exception is the few packages that add binary code to daz core, like the meshgrabber tool). this lets you keep all your assets independent from the official packages, and makes reinstall much safer to do.

Reactions: annnnttsss

GrayTShirt

Game Developer
Nov 27, 2019
EDIT: I think I've found and installed most of what I needed, probably just missing a few more assets...
Friggin' GPU drivers, always messin' shit up.
We'll see how much I'll have to fix soon.

Last edited:

GrayTShirt

Game Developer
Nov 27, 2019
SUCCESS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I thought I was about to lose my mind...
One good thing about all of this is I got a chance to clean up everything. Got rid of a bunch of stuff I wasn't using. Now I can just get what I need whenever I get the "Missing Files" window.
Oh, fuck... Time to start rendering ghost nipples! Capture.JPG

osanaiko

Engaged Member
Modder
Jul 4, 2017
Woot! (y)(y):love::love::poop:

GrayTShirt's GILF madness is back on track!

(Also you'll probably find that daz loads stuff much faster now - it's a known problem that installing lots of products, especially morph slider based products, dramatically slows down the loading of scenes.)

Last edited:

GrayTShirt

Game Developer
Nov 27, 2019
Scrapping this ero-scene I've been trying to work on. I just cannot get it to work. It was a lesbian/domination scene with Aliyeh and one of the female prisoners. Nothing was coming together, it was feeling forced. I want to do a few F/F scenes in the VN, but this one just felt weak. Ain't no weaksauce fuckin' in mah project!
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
I'll just put together what I have so far for a quick review while working on the rest of the script.
-GTS

Zolkane

Jun 2, 2017
GrayTShirt hey gray! do you think you will add someday some horse besty someday? That be cool in the story of the 2 girls the fostermom and the adopted daughter together?
The female could get 1 horse and the futa in the same time and even Futa got horse in her ass while getting suck

GrayTShirt

Game Developer
Nov 27, 2019
GrayTShirt hey gray! do you think you will add someday some horse besty someday? That be cool in the story of the 2 girls the fostermom and the adopted daughter together?
The female could get 1 horse and the futa in the same time and even Futa got horse in her ass while getting suck
I wasn't planning on having those 2 do anything like that, but keep an eye out. A few updates down the road I may have a couple of new characters (not seen yet) have some interesting times in a stable. Not 100% sure, but it is an idea.

GrayTShirt

Game Developer
Nov 27, 2019
Total of 190+ images done. A little less than half way done with the images, but still feels a long way off. I thought it would have been faster with the script already done. My images are looking different on screen than in my head, and it's starting to take it's toll. For future updates, script is AFTER the images. I'll concentrate on single scenes at a time: images-> renders-> postwork-> Script-> coding. Each update has about 10 or so scenes, so I think it might be better; at least for me.