VN Ren'Py Game Dev Journal: Inner Demons (Ch 4 progress)

GrayTShirt

Game Developer
Nov 27, 2019
LOL, hours?? how fast do you think I can work :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO: :sleep: :coffee::cool:

This release is huge, so much content... just playing it though took more than 45min!!

but don't worry, I'm working as fast as I can!
Sorry! I didn't mean it! I swear! Forgive meeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!
Next time, I'll try to limit it to 200 images...
(Maybe 300...)
For context, Osa has to look through 539 images, over 3200 lines of code and dialogue; and check for inconsistencies, plot holes, and scene clarification. I put a lot on Osa to check. It's not really fair...
But I'm not a fair Dev!:sneaky:

GrayTShirt

Game Developer
Nov 27, 2019
Edits are coming along, the story is getting so much better. There was some extra edits to the end of Ch02p1 for story clarification, and some extra edits to the end of the previous chapters, so prior saves might not work. Luckily you can just jump to the new chapters without missing anything.
Make sure you guys follow Osanaiko. He's been working on more projects that looking good as well.

GrayTShirt

Game Developer
Nov 27, 2019
Map completed for the next release. Dungeon cells, main hallway, "viewing" building. For context, the prologue release happened in the dungeon cells part (upper right). The other scenes are the throne room in the preview image, arena, harem room, and some rooms for a couple others. The only one I relly need to build would be the harem room, but I'm pretty sure I can use a bunch of stock assets. dungeon_complete copy.jpg

GrayTShirt

Game Developer
Nov 27, 2019
The proofing is taking longer than expected. I had a scene that's pretty intricate dialogue-wise that needs to make sense if it's going to work at all. And Osa is a pretty busy professional. I don't want to rush this.

GrayTShirt

Game Developer
Nov 27, 2019
STATUS OF UPDATE:
It's going really well, very in depth look at a pivotal scene right in the middle of the update. I'm needing to make a few (30+) more images, but it shouldn't take very long. I've already made the first 13, plus cleaned up another 9 just in the section.
Capture.JPG
Need to some more tomorrow. It's really important that this particular scene is well done, as it leads into some plot points in a future chapter. (And some extra naughtiness... nudgenudgewinkwink... saynomoresaynomore.)
EDIT: It also didn't help I gave Osa a gruelling assignment with fixing this mess. Send him some love!

GrayTShirt

Game Developer
Nov 27, 2019
So, I just read a posted review.
Being rated one star doesn't bother me. If there's a problem with the VN, then I get it.
But all the bad reviews complain of "grannies" and "no choices..."
Don't people read the OP to see what they can expect? I don't get it.
It's not going to stop me working on this story, since I think it's a really good one. But come on, man!

Deepdepp

Oct 20, 2016
So, I just read a posted review.
Being rated one star doesn't bother me. If there's a problem with the VN, then I get it.
But all the bad reviews complain of "grannies" and "no choices..."
Don't people read the OP to see what they can expect? I don't get it.
It's not going to stop me working on this story, since I think it's a really good one. But come on, man!
Don't give them a shit.Just do it

GrayTShirt

Game Developer
Nov 27, 2019
Interesting thing I just noticed.
The VN has been downloaded almost 7000 times since being updated... 4 hours ago. It was 150k before I uploaded the new version.
Puts a smile on my face. Wish I could get some good reviews to help with the rating, but still... Nice to see a ton of people enjoying the work.
Thank you Osanaiko!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Couldn't have done it without you.

Tweaty

Sep 17, 2019
Love this new Update..
Even tho I kind of expected more from it, I still really enjoyed it because despite my expectations, it still wasn't what I was expecting n the upmost good way..
Which is how Updates(rather good or bad), to games really should be at the end of the day if u ask me.. Which is just so that the player is able to see n or get a somewhat of a sense some of a big major twist set up to the plot, or a; turn around rather, if u will.,
N a single, or even for each update if one dev could, is being hinted off well enough for them to notice(or hard enough too, their choice)is fixing to take place if not the next, then the following updates to come... Which n the aftermath of all this, will make just about every update to a game have an expected, but yet still an unexpected progression to it's story, being always set up to place for its next upcoming up.,
Making everything the more interesting, with the if not mostly, then always being left intrigued feeling of wondering/wanting know just where things r setting them selfs up to go n take place..(developers, please take notes if u follow)...

N which with all of this finally having just been said n explained at the most current best n fastest possible way, brings me able to say that, that's literally the exact same good type of vibe that which this update here has given me...
But as my personal point of opinion, GrayTShirt.,
I would definitely advise u to not add nor put to much thought into what u already had originally planned for this game storyline..
Because to what little to most people do not know, is that a lot of already well perfectly thought up of stories, n along with a bunch of all other things, always wind up being messed up, once there creators/creators start to add, or even have someone else add regardless of there good/bad background., a bunch of more things to it, especially, when n which definitely always leads to removing things from it.,
All from while little do they know, that of what they originally had, was already perfect the way they originally had planned for it to be from the geko...
So I would just say to u GrayTShirt, don't let urself nor anyone else put to much added thought into ur already well perfectly thought of storyline before u give its original version chance first, while u wait to learn from all its good n bad mistakes later on from feedback.. Cause after ur original planned version being fully completed, there always room to do a reworked version of it later, if needed....
Just my friendly opinion of some advice!!
But yeah, n all else.,
Other than that, please do keep up the GOOD "⭐⭐⭐⭐" work, because I really do truly LOVE this game ur making, n were its storyline headed..
I REALLY DO!!!!!