VN Ren'Py Game Dev Journal: Inner Demons (Ch 4 progress)

GrayTShirt

Game Developer
Nov 27, 2019
Capture.JPG
Finally finished the first optional scene!
Fucking hell, that took forever.
And by forever, I mean a week. So many collisions, pose tweaks, errors... so many fatal errors that I had to redo like 4 renders.
But it's done! (Not looking forward to the orgy though. But there aren't as many outlandish proportions to work with. Hopefully I can keep it down to a few dozen renders.)

GrayTShirt

Game Developer
Nov 27, 2019
So, everything rendered overnight. Pretty happy with most of them. Just need to do some post-work. But these 3 don't exactly "mesh" with the rest of the scene. I really like them, but they feel out of place. So I'll just share them here since they won't be in the VN.

GrayTShirt

Game Developer
Nov 27, 2019
Just looked over my renders... of course I need to fix the lighting. Easy enough fix, just added an emitter prop and copy/pasted the properties for each one of the... 20 fucking images... But, they'll be good for the story and not have to be optional since there really isn't any sexy-times in them.
They'll re-render overnight. Takes about 30-65 minutes for each one.

GrayTShirt

Game Developer
Nov 27, 2019
Capture.JPG
It takes 37 minutes for dForce to work on Rhona due to her hair and gown. I want it to look good since I'm starting from memorized pose.
What can I say, she likes watching from above. No scenes planned for her this update... But I never turn down an opportunity to render in some Rhona and Fiona.

GrayTShirt

Game Developer
Nov 27, 2019
Dammit!!!!!
I was about to finish (finally) the last optional scene (orgy) when I get the most amazing idea for another scene.
And I'm gonna make it, because it's that good. I'm just gonna say, if you are a fan of Fi and Rho, you'll love it.
It's not what you'd think it'll be, but holy fuck it's gun' be gud... Plus it sets up a couple things in future updates.

blacklight47

Feb 24, 2019
So, everything rendered overnight. Pretty happy with most of them. Just need to do some post-work. But these 3 don't exactly "mesh" with the rest of the scene. I really like them, but they feel out of place. So I'll just share them here since they won't be in the VN.
Looks Good To Me but I understand :cry:(y)

Reactions: kfrazer099

GrayTShirt

Game Developer
Nov 27, 2019
Alright.... Some good news and some bad-ish news.
Good: I've been up for 35 hours straight working on images. Made a total of 83 images. Every single fucking knuckle, hair, eyelash, and cum-drop had to be manipulated until I was happy with the scene. Only need 3 or 4 more the the group, then the super-secret-awesome-optional scene which may be a dozen or more, and 4 "WTF" images.
The bad: Obviously the update isn't ready. I thought I could get it all done by the end of this week. But lots of things happened, lots of things needed to be fixed, and then everything in the world outside of this project... Plus, 83 images that take roughly 40-55 minutes to render since I have to render at ridiculous quality.
If I can get enough sleep tonight, and survive work tomorrow (which is a 0500 shift time) I think I can finalize the group scene, make the "WTF" images, and start the super awesome scene. So a couple to a few days to finish the images, then the post-work (which will only take a couple hours at most), script, coding, then proofing/QC.

Capture.JPG

GrayTShirt

Game Developer
Nov 27, 2019
24 hour mark. This is how far the RenderQueue is along.
Doing as much post-work as I can while it's going. Luckily, I don't do much post work beyond spot healing brush, levels, despeckle, and image size.
Capture.JPG

EDIT: I don't think I realized just how much "kissing" is going on in the VN... I hope I didn't realize a fetish I wasn't aware I had...

Last edited:

GrayTShirt

Game Developer
Nov 27, 2019
Of course my PC had to update while I was at work! Why wouldn't it!
Friggin' fraggin' Windows updates...
19 more renders to go... Capture.JPG

• Haha

GrayTShirt

Game Developer
Nov 27, 2019
So, I like to do close up shots, and noticed this has been happening...

Capture.JPG
Quick forum search and it turns out if "Spectral Rendering" is on, these lines will form along the morphed assets. I'm not re-rendering all of these fuckin' shots, so the lovely tools in PhotoShop, aka the "Spot Healing brush tool", will (hopefully) make them disappear. Or at least not as noticable.

P.S. This is just an extremely zoomed in shot, only thing done to it was levels.

GrayTShirt

Game Developer
Nov 27, 2019
Finally finished the group! I had to stop calling it an orgy since I kept reducing the amount of models in it. I'll be planning a true orgy later though. Just didn't have the time to do a proper one.
All that's left now is the last optional scene, a couple transition images, then the boring stuff! Capture.JPG

Last edited:

GrayTShirt

Game Developer
Nov 27, 2019
Alright, so...

Towards the end of the group images, I learned about the "Puck Light". That thing made the lighting in the scene soooooooo much better. I have crisp, clean renders with minimal post-work needed. I have no screenshots to show since I don't want to spoil any more of the update. But now my concern is that there will be some images that are just... amazeballs... compared to others.

I won't be redoing those earlier images since, even with a 3090, they still take an hour to render.
My question is... Will it matter? Will people notice so much that it'll be a problem?

• Thinking Face