VN Ren'Py Game Dev Journal: Inner Demons (Ch 4 progress)

kfrazer099

Apr 6, 2019
View attachment 1393679
So, I'm introducing a new character in this next update.
This is the tallest model I've made so far. She's taller than Greer, or Carver, or even the demon Queen. Had to unlock the height slider just to make her taller.
But now I've given myself a new problem... HOW DO I USE HER? I didn't have plans to add any new characters anywhere in the story. I still need to make the secret society (every fantasy tale has a secret society), the nuns, and the rest of the demon army!
But this lady, she just appeared out of nowhere! I felt compelled to make her. For no reason whatsoever.
I can't even think of a backstory for her. At first I thought she might be the new hired stablehand that was mentioned in Ch01, but she doesn't look anywhere near like what a stablehand would look like (I think).
She's just an extremely tall, attractive (aren't they all...) woman in her 30s.
I really want to use her, just have to find a way to weave her into the story.
-GrayTShirt
1st idea:
She could be a watcher, who only ever observes, but never interferes - which, given her height/physique seems contrary, but that could only play well for the story. The fact that she can do what she intends to, when she intends to, could only mean that that's how good she is at what she does.
Let's just say that she is mildly curious about the protagonist for now, and no one (not even the reader), can guess her intentions or thoughts. She is just there, and then she isn't. The others recognize her, but don't really know her.

2nd idea:
Somewhat similar to the 1st, but she could an embodiment of the earth/land itself (kind of like a good version of Ego - the living planet) - her tall form reflecting her superior, yet motherly nature - someone who is simply curious and is just passing through. Think of her as a scientist, who is observing one of the few thriving ant farms (i.e. village) in her garden, but only intends to learn through observation.

That's all i have for now. Hope that helps in your quest to continue getting a great story out there. Keep it up.

GrayTShirt

Game Developer
Nov 27, 2019
1st idea:
She could be a watcher, who only ever observes, but never interferes - which, given her height/physique seems contrary, but that could only play well for the story. The fact that she can do what she intends to, when she intends to, could only mean that that's how good she is at what she does.
Let's just say that she is mildly curious about the protagonist for now, and no one (not even the reader), can guess her intentions or thoughts. She is just there, and then she isn't. The others recognize her, but don't really know her.

2nd idea:
Somewhat similar to the 1st, but she could an embodiment of the earth/land itself (kind of like a good version of Ego - the living planet) - her tall form reflecting her superior, yet motherly nature - someone who is simply curious and is just passing through. Think of her as a scientist, who is observing one of the few thriving ant farms (i.e. village) in her garden, but only intends to learn through observation.

That's all i have for now. Hope that helps in your quest to continue getting a great story out there. Keep it up.
I've actually figured out a good role for her. Nothing as grand as you've suggested (which is admittedly pretty cool and almost close to what I have planned), but I think it plays pretty well into the story.

GrayTShirt

Game Developer
Nov 27, 2019
Capture.JPG
I've been able to request assistance from one of the artists that posts to this site for Blender stuff.
Fatalmasterpiece has been awesome in converting most of the models into a Blender format. I still have a few more models to go, but there will be plenty of time to get those done later.
The plan is to make some short, looping GIFs and maybe a short movie or two later down the line. I need to finish Ch02 part 2 first, then work on the details for Ch03. It won't be until sometime next year before I even include proper video into the VN. But, I plan to create some video from the first few scenes (bathhouse w/ Fiona, Fiona's bedroom w/ Rhona, MC bedroom w/ Skye, Bryn solo, Tunrida/Oishi) and make a gallery that can be viewed from the menu. And then from there, have unlockable scenes throughout the VN.
But first... finish the updates. And then... LEARN HOW TO USE BLENDER! Because I have no idea what I'm looking at when I open anything in Blender.

Crimsonfiend76

Herald - Super Naked Ginger Cuddle Time
Donor
Sep 8, 2020
Strangely, I've never been that attracted to gilfs as I am to milf/mature women until I came across this game. Now I oddly can't get enough of them. :love:

• Haha
Reactions: GrayTShirt

Crimsonfiend76

Herald - Super Naked Ginger Cuddle Time
Donor
Sep 8, 2020
I was the same way! But Fiona and Rhona have a way of playing with those weird feelings. I think you'll like their story lines in the next few updates.
Well I can honestly say, all the ladies in your game are amazing and sexy as hell. Honestly can't wait for the MC to spend more time with his mother and sister along with everyone else! Great story and really looking forward to more!

• Love
Reactions: GrayTShirt

GrayTShirt

Game Developer
Nov 27, 2019
I'm having problems renders a few scenes. Daz keeps force-closing on 3 specific scenes. I know exactly what happened, but recreating those scenes... FUCK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I don't wanna redo them!
Fiona's titties... always causing problems for me.

GrayTShirt

Game Developer
Nov 27, 2019
So, I'm recreating some of the lost scenes and rendering them when I finish just in case I run into more errors.
Each scene takes about 45 minutes, just because I have my render settings so high.
This, combined with some morning drinking, gave me some ideas. (Yeah, I'm one of those who gets more creative when he drinks.)
Werewolves...
I had an idea for a werewolf later in the story, like ch04 or so. Nothing firm yet, but I was just curious. How would everyone feel about it? Like, with proper anatomy, but remaining to the overly insane nature of the characters.

GrayTShirt

Game Developer
Nov 27, 2019
So now, I'm having issues with some rendering.

As rendered
Image size reduced from 2560x1440 *.png to 1920x1080 *.jpg

2515 copy2.jpg

Image post-work (PhotoShop)
Levels adjusted
Filter with noise despeckle
Image size reduced from 2560x1440 *.png to 1920x1080 *.jpg
2515 copy.jpg

It's a bit grainy. Rendered at 2560x1440, 4000 iterations, took almost an hour. Granted, this is the post-work shot since the original was a little dark. But I thought I had enough light in the scene to get rid of it.

I'm baffled! (As usual, of course.)

GrayTShirt

Game Developer
Nov 27, 2019
So, I need to redo the orgy scenes. Gonna have to use a new set piece, environment, lighting.
I was not liking how they were rendering. There was just too much noise, I didn't want to risk losing any details if I tried to do more than "despeckle" and adjust levels.
But, it gives me a chance to make a couple changes to the characters anyway.
2520 copy.jpg
There are 12 images in this series, so nothing that would take alot of time. I may re-use one of my earlier set pieces, but I'll see if I can just find something stock.