VN Ren'Py Game Dev Journal: Inner Demons (Ch 4 progress)

GrayTShirt

Game Developer
Nov 27, 2019
Working on Ch02, part 2 in the interim. The Filament viewport makes it look way too washed out, but it speeds up camera and asset manipulation remarkably faster.
EDIT: Right when I posted this I got the first review for edits! Working on those now.

Last edited:
Reactions: porotropo

GrayTShirt

Game Developer
Nov 27, 2019
Capture.JPG
Update is going pretty well. I was away for a while, so I couldn't get more done. This update features the "Friends and Family" update for what's happening back home.
And yes, I purposefully blurred out some of these thumbnails. I'm sure you can guess who it is, but I didn't want to spoil anyone just yet...

GrayTShirt

Game Developer
Nov 27, 2019
2397 copy.jpg
So, I'm introducing a new character in this next update.
This is the tallest model I've made so far. She's taller than Greer, or Carver, or even the demon Queen. Had to unlock the height slider just to make her taller.
But now I've given myself a new problem... HOW DO I USE HER? I didn't have plans to add any new characters anywhere in the story. I still need to make the secret society (every fantasy tale has a secret society), the nuns, and the rest of the demon army!
But this lady, she just appeared out of nowhere! I felt compelled to make her. For no reason whatsoever.
I can't even think of a backstory for her. At first I thought she might be the new hired stablehand that was mentioned in Ch01, but she doesn't look anywhere near like what a stablehand would look like (I think).
She's just an extremely tall, attractive (aren't they all...) woman in her 30s.
I really want to use her, just have to find a way to weave her into the story.
-GrayTShirt