VN Ren'Py Game Dev Journal: Inner Demons (Ch 4 progress)

GrayTShirt

Game Developer
Nov 27, 2019
Update: Almost have the beginning shots done. I'm working on different scenes that can be viewed/avoided. This shot is the unavoidable scene. There will be 4 other scenes that have the option to be viewed. MMF, Futa/F, Futa solo, and another one.

Also update: I've changed the title of this development thread to better describe the current status of the project.

Reactions: kfrazer099

GrayTShirt

Game Developer
Nov 27, 2019
The last shot before the lewdness of the scenes. I'll make a "map" image that kind of outlines what each of the optional scenes will be, plus a brief description of each scene (MMF, Futa/F, Futa solo, ***) in the buttons. I'm already up to 114 images. For what I had planned out, it's a bit more than I had planned. I'll see if I can cull them down during the script/edit phase.

GrayTShirt

Game Developer
Nov 27, 2019
This single image took an hour and a half to pose and get right. Another 20 minutes just to figure out the camera. Had to hide the original grass in the asset and add new tufts of grass to surround the models to avoid clipping. The rest of the images should be easier now.

GrayTShirt

Game Developer
Nov 27, 2019
So, question: When it comes to futa-specific (not trans), is it ALL the genitalia? I'm debating whether one of my futa/trans characters has both or just the cock-n-balls. They gettin' balls though, it's weird to me to have futa characters without the hacky-sack/truck nutz.

kfrazer099

Apr 6, 2019
So, question: When it comes to futa-specific (not trans), is it ALL the genitalia? I'm debating whether one of my futa/trans characters has both or just the cock-n-balls. They gettin' balls though, it's weird to me to have futa characters without the hacky-sack/truck nutz.
In my opinion, having both genitalia would make sense if there was any sort of pregnancy involved. If not, I'd just go with the cock-n-balls. The derriere has all the requirements of insertion anyway.
Hope that helps.

Apr 5, 2019
I've always found futa/trans characters with vaginas odd, but that's probably just down to my own preference.
Also balls are awesome, but they are still a little too big.
Overall I feel that this game is going in a good direction as far as character models are concerned, even though you could tone down the muscles a little bit on some characters because it makes them look unnatural.
Anyway I hope you add more trans characters in the future and maybe as romance options and not as just cucking/NTR like so many other games on here. Best of luck on the developpement, you are on the right track!

GrayTShirt

Game Developer
Nov 27, 2019
Still working on some money shots for the solo futa scene. This is becoming a huge pain in the ass. The moneyshotz asset doesn't comform to the body properly, and trying to use the dForce cum pro pack 2 assets keep exploding (and not in the good way). It's been like 6 hours now on a single image.

osanaiko

Engaged Member
Modder
Jul 4, 2017
Still working on some money shots for the solo futa scene. This is becoming a huge pain in the ass. The moneyshotz asset doesn't comform to the body properly, and trying to use the dForce cum pro pack 2 assets keep exploding (and not in the good way). It's been like 6 hours now on a single image.
Damn that sucks.

Not sure how much research you've done but i remember using tips from this thread before:

And some other references:

If the "explosion" is happening with the cum object landing on the both the figure body and the genital model, try separating the two (make one invisible to the sim) and use two separate cum objects.

GrayTShirt

Game Developer
Nov 27, 2019
Don't you just hate it when your dick doesn't look quite right?
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
I've spent way too much time looking at this thing, and this is as good as I can get it. All in all, it's not that bad; and you won't see it too much. But I really need to learn how to use character-specific textures in order to make these look better.

• Haha

GrayTShirt

Game Developer
Nov 27, 2019
Alright; in the grand scheme of things, the gray orc lovepole works. Not as well as I would have hoped. I've been spending too much time just trying to get these images done and not enough time learning how to do new things. 2 months in and I only have 1/3 of this update done.
Still need to finish this MMF optional scene, the *** scene (it's a secret, but only has 5 images planned), the main scene with the MC, flashback scene, and a transitional scene to the next update. And then script, sound effects, coding, and proofreading.

osanaiko

Engaged Member
Modder
Jul 4, 2017
Alright; in the grand scheme of things, the gray orc lovepole works. Not as well as I would have hoped. I've been spending too much time just trying to get these images done and not enough time learning how to do new things. 2 months in and I only have 1/3 of this update done.
Still need to finish this MMF optional scene, the *** scene (it's a secret, but only has 5 images planned), the main scene with the MC, flashback scene, and a transitional scene to the next update. And then script, sound effects, coding, and proofreading.
I think it looks OK. Still looking forward to seeing what comes next. (y)

porotropo

Apr 21, 2018
I'm trying to work on a new map, but it's starting to frustrate me. I have a vivid idea on how it should look, just having problems interpreting it into Daz. So, I decided to just do another lewd. Learned a couple things about joint bending and some smoothing that needs to happen. I didn't notice it until I start moving the camera around for some more angles. You can see the difference between "Screwy-joints" and "coupletest010". Still need to watch for clipping and collisions.
These aren't full renders either. I interrupted them to quickly get them out.
Tomorrow though... environments and maps!
Please, a question... Are these scenes already added to the game? Thank you and best regards.

GrayTShirt

Game Developer
Nov 27, 2019
These were just test shots I was working on, they are not in the game/VN. But don't worry, there will be plenty of scenes like these in it later.

porotropo

Apr 21, 2018
These were just test shots I was working on, they are not in the game/VN. But don't worry, there will be plenty of scenes like these in it later.
Thank you very much, the truth is that those scenes look very good, I'll be waiting for them.... Greetings.

Reactions: GrayTShirt