VN Ren'Py Game Dev Journal: Inner Demons (Ch 4 progress)

GrayTShirt

Game Developer
Nov 27, 2019
Good to hear you are progressing well. How much renpy have you done before? Are you doing a Kinetic Novel style with a story on rails, or is there some sort of active decision making by the MC?
Right now it's a pure visual novel, no choices. There is the prologue, chapter one (working on now), and chapter two when it comes to the VN. Chapter 3 will have a quest/rep system, POV-switching, and choices to view/avoid certain scenes (i.e. futa/trans content, maybe some other fetishes if I'm feeling up to it). Chapter 4 will be the results of your choices/actions from Ch3. Chapter 5 will have some viewable choices. From then on, it will follow my amended script which includes open-world, quests and rep, and viewable/avoidable content.
I just wanted to get the plot, backstories, and overall feel of the game established for the first few chapters.

GrayTShirt

Game Developer
Nov 27, 2019
Daily progress! I'm getting jazzed!
EDIT: I think that this medieval bedroom asset is now default/standard/go-to prop for these types of games. I've even seen it in one of Rigid3D's videos.

osanaiko

Engaged Member
Modder
Jul 4, 2017
EDIT: I think that this medieval bedroom asset is now default/standard/go-to prop for these types of games. I've even seen it in one of Rigid3D's videos.
Yeah it's funny, after working with / seeing so many Daz3d assets you start to recognise them in other games. I find myself thinking about what sort of lighting setup was used, looking for clipping or poorly balance compound joint rotations etc sometimes instead of enjoying the story/fappiness of the game!

Reactions: GrayTShirt

GrayTShirt

Game Developer
Nov 27, 2019
Almost done! (Again.)
I'll be finished with coding all the dialogue tomorrow. Then I can do the sound effects and music on Saturday. Then make the build and see about getting it proofread, critiqued, and ripped apart.
I have a funny feeling about the general flow of the story.

GrayTShirt

Game Developer
Nov 27, 2019
CODING DONE! (mostly)
Dialogue has been coded and given a quick proof-read.
Looking for sound effects and music now.
Should be ready for release soon!
-GrayTShirt

GrayTShirt

Game Developer
Nov 27, 2019
Thought I'd show one more image of a glorious booty.
Still working on everything. I'll be updating some wood shaders for a few scenes next while the script goes through its proofreading. It's about half way done now, and it's looking really good.

GrayTShirt

Game Developer
Nov 27, 2019
Proofreading is almost done. Just need to work on a couple things, and fix some more images now.

Last edited:
Reactions: OneRow

GrayTShirt

Game Developer
Nov 27, 2019
Game updated! Just sent the "report" request to have it moved up.
There are still some things I need to learn and improve upon. Especially lighting... fucking lighting, man.
Every update going forward will be much smaller so I can get them out faster.
Osa... Thank you so much for everything! Your proof-reading made this VN 100% better than I could have hoped for.
Now... to wait for the "What the fuck is this shit!" reviews to start pouring in.:cool:

Reactions: OneRow

osanaiko

Engaged Member
Modder
Jul 4, 2017
Game updated! Just sent the "report" request to have it moved up.
There are still some things I need to learn and improve upon. Especially lighting... fucking lighting, man.
Every update going forward will be much smaller so I can get them out faster.
Osa... Thank you so much for everything! Your proof-reading made this VN 100% better than I could have hoped for.
Now... to wait for the "What the fuck is this shit!" reviews to start pouring in.:cool:
Congratulation GreyTShirt! I am happy to have been able to help out.

It's a real accomplishment to get a first release of this size out the door, well done. I'm looking forward to see all the accumulated improvements you've made from that first alpha version I tested. (y)

GrayTShirt

Game Developer
Nov 27, 2019
The comments on the game page are going about as well as I'd expected. Lots of "huge dick" comments, FemDom arguments, and the occasional granny post. But all in all, it seems to be received well. The reviews that are posted make fair and constructive comments. I still don't get someone posting that they don't like a tag and say, "I'm out." I suppose it comes with the territory.
Still, the community is being amazing with their comments and reviews. Plus, it's awesome that I can have a "Game Developer" tag now. Makes it feel real, ya know?

Onward to Chapter 2!
Chapter 2 will focus on MC's capture, back story on basic training, and finishing out the back stories that are mentioned in chapter one. ("The incident", "the argument", Hilda, the Queen.)

• Yay, new update!
Reactions: osanaiko

GrayTShirt

Game Developer
Nov 27, 2019
So, I'll work on improving some of the previous images form the Prologue and Ch1 in my spare time. Focus will be on Ch2. Although there are some good points in Ch1 that could benefit from choices, the payoff wouldn't really matter with what's about to happen in Ch2,3, and 4. Ch5 could see a slightly changed MC.

SupermanikSol

Nov 15, 2018
Looks like I missed out on the poll you had created, but for what it's worth I'd vote 'no' on changing the MC's dick size. It's definitely smaller than it was at the beginning, but I'm fine with the way it is now. I love watching women try to gag on it and take it as deep as they can. I'd also love to see a tease of one or two of the futa characters you have planned and see what they're packing. I'm very interested in the story and game world you've created, so keep up the great work!