VN Ren'Py Game Dev Journal: Inner Demons (Ch 4 progress)

osanaiko

Engaged Member
Modder
Jul 4, 2017
'dis gunna be good!

And your render rig is a beast to be able to have so many figures in one scene!

GrayTShirt

Game Developer
Nov 27, 2019
Pre-orgy scenes with Fiona and Rhona are done. Working on the tavern fight, aftermath, transition scenes into the new chapter, then the optional scenes. It's taking longer than I thought (as is always the case I suppose...), but I think the quality is really up there. You can notice a big improvement in the art/style/look of the scenes since the initial release. Capture.JPG

GrayTShirt

Game Developer
Nov 27, 2019
So, since I think I've drank enough to finally get some sleep, I think I'm done for the night. Got a bunch of renders ready to processing while I sleep. Then tomorrow I can work on the actual fight scene. I needed about 10 images to transition into it. I'll post a post-work image before work in the morning.
I'm really excited for the orgy scenes though. Fiona has an appearance, but not in the orgy. Can't wait to start those, probably closer to Wednesday or Thursday. The fight scenes are pretty elaborate. The transition scene between chapters won't take more than a few images. And there's really only a few images for the aftermath of the tavern fight.
The optional lewdness is where the real magic is...

GrayTShirt

Game Developer
Nov 27, 2019
Turns out it wasn't the lighting. iRay rendering just abruptly stops. Happened to 4 out of the 8 images I rendered.
Trying to fix them now.

GrayTShirt

Game Developer
Nov 27, 2019
Previous update was great loved the demon army characters, will we get to see more of them in the next update?
This next update (Ch02 part 2) will be about what's happening back home. The update after this, though, will be nothing but the Demon Army characters. Ch03 will be the Demon camp, Fighting Pit, a few salacious scenes, stuff like that. I really just wanted to make an update that focused on what people are doing while MC is being held captive.
Plus, I try to find any excuse I can to render Fiona, Hilda, and Skye.

GrayTShirt

Game Developer
Nov 27, 2019
2552 copy.jpg
This is what I was talking about. But I got it all figured out now.
Let the Renderening begin!
EDIT: I should probably clarify? The top is fixed, the bottom is the old render. No post-work has been done except to change the file size to 1920x1080.

Last edited:

GrayTShirt

Game Developer
Nov 27, 2019
Alright, so... 237 images so far; and about half way done with the bar fight with the last 16 or so. This scenes are actually pretty time-consuming. Having to pose 10 different characters for each shot and then spending an hour per image to render (going with insanely awesome quality settings). Did 16 shots yesterday, took over 16 hours to render all of them.
Each scene takes about 20-45 minutes to set up. Luckily, this is the biggest non-ero scene in the update; possibly in the project thus far. So any scenes after this should be pretty easy... relatively speaking.

Booze don't fail me now! Capture.JPG

Last edited:

GrayTShirt

Game Developer
Nov 27, 2019
Bar fight done! Rendering another 22 images tonight. Since about 1/3rd of them only have a few characters (instead of the full 9 or 10), they should render much faster than the rest.
Hopefully, tomorrow I can get through the last of the story scenes. And then work on an optional scene a day till the end of the week. If I can get the last of renders to go Friday night, I can start the script on Saturday and finish on Sunday. Post work shouldn't take more than a couple hours. The coding may take some time, plus any corrections I need to make after proofing.
So, all in all, 2 more weeks. Maybe a couple days more.
I swear I really need to come up with some kind of monthly thing. If, for anything, to make it feel like I'm progressing more than I am now.

osanaiko

Engaged Member
Modder
Jul 4, 2017
Monthly is a good cadence if you can break your story up into that chunk size.
It's also good because it will get you more exposure to potential new fans because your game will appear in the "latest updates" more frequently (without being a a min-maxer)

GrayTShirt

Game Developer
Nov 27, 2019
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
So, remember when I said I'd be working on the script by now...
I haven't even finished the first optional scene!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
This scene alone is way too intensive! Custom poses, shaders, some much friggin dForce, and the balls! The balls ALWAYS need moving...
Maybe I can finish ONE scene before the weekend is out...
Ugh.

osanaiko

Engaged Member
Modder
Jul 4, 2017
Big balls like that are just always gonna get in the way. Stick to your leg, get stuck when you have tight jeans.

Reminds me of that ac/dc song, from Dirty Deeps Done Dirt Cheap.

• Haha
Reactions: GrayTShirt