VN Ren'Py Game Dev Journal: Inner Demons (Ch 4 progress)

Zolkane

Jun 2, 2017
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

I sped up the animation intentionally just to highlight the screw-up. (It's a 2 second loop originally.) Shelby's hair moves! (It's not supposed to.) I forgot to check it before rendering. It took 9hours 30minutes to render everything.

I am able to just re-render just the first half, but it'll take more than 4hours to finish. (9 minutes 40 seconds per frame for 30 frames).
its still fine! no big deal

GrayTShirt

Game Developer
Nov 27, 2019
So, this is the first finished (maybe) animation loop for Bryn. I'm trying to do a whole thing with her hips, getting them to move in a circle instead of straight up and down.

I mostly like it, but towards the end her hips just drop. I tried to be creative with it, but seeing it finally in action it seems like I messed up.

Should the movement be more fluid, with a constant speed? Or would this work? The whole thing took about 5 and half hours to render, which is pretty quick.

shamtiiomi

May 1, 2021
So, this is the first finished (maybe) animation loop for Bryn. I'm trying to do a whole thing with her hips, getting them to move in a circle instead of straight up and down.

I mostly like it, but towards the end her hips just drop. I tried to be creative with it, but seeing it finally in action it seems like I messed up.

Should the movement be more fluid, with a constant speed? Or would this work? The whole thing took about 5 and half hours to render, which is pretty quick.
looks good better than the normal one,..i dont want to say anything bad bcs i want the update now.....but maybe ,just go witht his and a little bit of circle without the uo and down>?

Reactions: GrayTShirt

GrayTShirt

Game Developer
Nov 27, 2019
Alright, so... I have to fix the animation, all 3 sets. So here are the remaining 2 angles.

One of them has a very jumpy, spastic dick; and the other has a very jumpy, spastic arm.

It's going to take a while to fix, but I can't just release these loops "as-is". I wanted to release these now since they're about to change quite a bit for the final render. This will give a chance to fix Mama Bryn's wild hips too.

Zolkane

Jun 2, 2017
Alright, so... I have to fix the animation, all 3 sets. So here are the remaining 2 angles.

One of them has a very jumpy, spastic dick; and the other has a very jumpy, spastic arm.

It's going to take a while to fix, but I can't just release these loops "as-is". I wanted to release these now since they're about to change quite a bit for the final render. This will give a chance to fix Mama Bryn's wild hips too.
they are bot good, just the spasm in the end!

iphantom!

Jun 11, 2020

I see and enjoy what you were going for with the more rolling/gyrating/swiveling hips motion, and I think it looks great.
I see what you mean with the speed increase at the end, when she is kind of thrusting back in.
In my opinion, the change in tempo is good and makes sense. A slow roll/grind off, and then a hard thrust back in.

This movement looks more smooth and natural (to me at least) when I loop the video on 2x speed.

the additional 2 angles there does appear to be more of a visual/frame based hiccup that is not apparent (to me at least) in the first video/angle you shared.

That's my take for what it's worth. Thanks for sharing the previews!