RPGM Abandoned Game Lord [v0.0.1] [VekaVello]

V.Veka

Mar 9, 2019
Thanks again to everyone who played this version.

At moment game is completely redone, very little remains from original version. When I finished 0.0.1, it was already clear that game would not go in a given direction and there was a lot to change.

I am now engaged in scenes to make a choice in game that will influence plot in order to diversify process.

At the moat moment game has a strong bias towards VN, this is dictated by introductory part. However, if someone is interested, at moment game can be downloaded on patreon (0.0.3). There you can experiment with plot and look at possible difference in choice. I note that at beginning of game there are several endings that lead to death, in future plot will be more subtle.

By way, I fixed lighting :)

But english... I'm still looking for a proofreader for translation :unsure:

Anon21

Mar 29, 2017
[EDIT] Nevermind. The 0.0.3 version is in the pr_6 folder.

The plot has changed a lot, I think I preferred the old one.

[EDITx2] Is there anyway to skip (fast forwards) through the text?

V.Veka

Mar 9, 2019
[EDIT] Nevermind. The 0.0.3 version is in the pr_6 folder.

The plot has changed a lot, I think I preferred the old one.

[EDITx2] Is there anyway to skip (fast forwards) through the text?
Unfortunately, old history had to be abandoned for several reasons. I also temporarily froze a new story, now I'm looking for an editor for him with knowledge of english.

I did not quite understand rewinding of text, but as such I did not embed this function in game.

Anon21

Mar 29, 2017
Unfortunately, old history had to be abandoned for several reasons.
Patreon + Incest being one of them?

I did not quite understand rewinding of text, but as such I did not embed this function in game.
Not rewind (back) but fast-forwards (ahead). If you're starting the game from the beginning several times then it's nice to be able to skip reading old text.

Anyway, some thoughts on the game. I played 0.0.1 a lot (lol). It is very slow to progress to higher dungeon levels. I think you adjusted this a bit for 0.0.3 but I have not tested it yet.

The food that give bonuses are better value for money than any of the standard equipment (if I did the maths right). The health / energy potions are very expensive. If there were more health / energy potion drops - or if they were cheaper - it would be easier to progress in the game. I would suggest making the maze levels larger and adding some chests with weapons / armour. I would also suggest not selling stat bonus food in shops.

It is a bit confusing to navigate the city. A map might be nice. You could also give directions for the movement options (e.g. [North] Main Street)

V.Veka

Mar 9, 2019
Patreon + Incest being one of them?
There is no incest in game. Presently. Player at beginning meets a new family. It is not prohibited by anyone. At moment, rules of patreon can sleep peacefully :giggle:

Not rewind (back) but fast-forwards (ahead). If you're starting the game from the beginning several times then it's nice to be able to skip reading old text.
In future, game will be divided into parts in order to avoid such situations. There is already a prologue and first scene, in 0.0.4 I have divided them, but have not yet added a sequel.

As for the text, I'll see what can be done.

Anyway, some thoughts on the game. I played 0.0.1 a lot (lol). It is very slow to progress to higher dungeon levels. I think you adjusted this a bit for 0.0.3 but I have not tested it yet.
Yes, I simplified the game. In rpg mode in 0.0.3 there are five characters in group, in 0.0.4 six, I also want to add a level of difficulty later. Also redid awards in chests.

The food that give bonuses are better value for money than any of the standard equipment (if I did the maths right). The health / energy potions are very expensive. If there were more health / energy potion drops - or if they were cheaper - it would be easier to progress in the game. I would suggest making the maze levels larger and adding some chests with weapons / armour. I would also suggest not selling stat bonus food in shops.
Hmm... Thanks for the tip on the meal, but it's not that simple. The fact is that complexity of locations and labyrinths will increase and increase. They will be more and more + evil enemies. The food gives a little bit of stats, and there will be a lot of characters in group, but I will think about prices.

It is a bit confusing to navigate the city. A map might be nice. You could also give directions for the movement options (e.g. [North] Main Street)
There is a problem in navigation in the city, that's for sure, I still think how to simplify everything.

Reactions: yoyomistro

V.Veka

Mar 9, 2019
I went into prices, well, yes, a mess ;)

As for armor and weapons... the stores do not sell most interesting. There are several sets of armor and clothes, as well as a lot of weapons, divided into ranks (rare-epic), lies in chests in maze.

Next week I will pay attention to balance of RPG :unsure:

Canto Forte

Post Pro
Jul 10, 2017
Game right now ...
Name: Demon_King
Total size: 1.34 GB
Contains: 28 folders and 1616 files
Created: 3/18/2019, 15:04
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Two game modes: Story mode and RPG mode.

In story mode, you participate in different events, communicate with characters, make acquaintances and gradually move forward. Plot will take into account your choice, which will lead either to death or to victory.

In RPG mode, you, as a group, travel through maze in search of wealth. Only task is to go as far as possible. Most of characters available will be in a group, but not all.

Reactions: yoyomistro

V.Veka

Mar 9, 2019
lame
i thought the super big boob blonde girl was the sister and we could see some action ;)
Blonde with big breasts? Elf?

Well, this is probably my translation. There is probably difficult to understand what is happening :unsure:

The sister and mother of the hero appeared at the very beginning, in the prologue :)

V.Veka

Mar 9, 2019
Sunglasses? Sorry. My eyesight is not quite standard due to unsuccessful surgery. Today I will redo scene :unsure:

Rest of video will be made more carefully, taking into account previous mistakes.

By way, there is a small question to those who played game and understood what was going on. Does player need to provide more opportunities in scenes, for example, in form of replicas, or clarifying questions that characters will answer :unsure:

Anon21

Mar 29, 2017
By way, there is a small question to those who played game and understood what was going on. Does player need to provide more opportunities in scenes, for example, in form of replicas, or clarifying questions that characters will answer
I think it was fairly clear what was going on in 0.0.3. That said, there were a whole lot of forced saves near the end. The first 'get it right or die' decision is when the player gets to choose to go without Amber, to beg Amber to come again, or to give up on the portal plan. You could have just one forced save before that decision.

Oh yes, there's a small glitch in the game. If you use 'Formation' to put someone other than the player in the first position then they can talk to themselves in the hallway before the maze.

Canto Forte

Post Pro
Jul 10, 2017
Talking is the whole point, be it by text box or audio or thought bubble.
Yes the MC has to set the interactions in his mind before, during or after scenes to ease the player into the story.
There are cut scenes you could do and just get the lines in there during videos if that is your way.
In normal game play there has to be a sense of awareness about the player getting stuck, looped into game over situations or left out of correct sequence of events -> so in order to move forward some serious hints have to happen.
The sun glasses are for the overly glowing figure jumping the MC in your video.
She got glowing legs, glowing hair (also a blonde, mind you) - MC must think it is some Valkyrie come to induct him right to Valhalla!

i107760

Sistersitting / Housesitting Developer
Modder
Game Developer
Nov 1, 2016
Is there no longer incest in this? If so, that sucks. Can it be patched back in or is the story entirely different now that excludes a sister character?

(The girl with small breasts in v0.0.1 was your sister right?)

Reactions: Boneca_S4B031r4

Boneca_S4B031r4

Game Developer
Oct 10, 2017
Is there no longer incest in this? If so, that sucks. Can it be patched back in or is the story entirely different now that excludes a sister character?

(The girl with small breasts in v0.0.1 was your sister right?)
No incest? :cry:

Anon21

Mar 29, 2017
This boss can be a real pain. They have a strong 'heal self' ability, strong defense and weak attacks. So you can easily end up in a stalemate where you can't win but they can't kill you either. You can't run away either. They are immune to Earth type damage so Rita is useless as well.

In the end I just had to <ALT>+<F4> out of the game.

ladyandlion.png

Reactions: Boneca_S4B031r4