• To improve security, we will soon start forcing password resets for any account that uses a weak password on the next login. If you have a weak password or a defunct email, please update it now to prevent future disruption.

Tool Others Game Manager 2.17.12.7

4.00 star(s) 5 Votes

tid

Aug 16, 2017
yes I know there are problems with the cropping feature, and il the image is too small it is deformed when you move it.

asdfg_dk

May 17, 2018
Is there a way to force the program to re-download the game database, there i a couple of games i have deleted by mistake :confused::eek:

kuraiken

Dec 5, 2017
Is there a way to force the program to re-download the game database, there i a couple of games i have deleted by mistake :confused::eek:
Try Preferences -> General Tab -> Synchronize with game database -> Force

Otherwise it's possible to delete the game list inside the folder and then resync it, but I don't know what happens to your favorites etc.

Reactions: asdfg_dk

tid

Aug 16, 2017
Or if you know the thread IDs of the games you can use the tools part in Preferences -> General Tab
You can find this ID in your adress bar, for example this thread's ID is 9574.

Reactions: asdfg_dk

tid

Aug 16, 2017
Hi guys, I have a little question for you :
Links to the authors web page are added manually (by me), when I do so the games seems to be updated but in fact only my datas are. So should I use different dates for games updates and data updates?

In this case it could be perturbing some of the games shown on the download window won't be displayed in the first page if you sort them by date.

Or I can let the system as it is you will see games sorted by when I last modified in my database and not in the order they have been updated.

Sharinel

Dec 23, 2018
I would prefer if the games only appear to be updated when they are in fact updated, so my vote would be for different dates for game/data updates.
Does it take you a lot of time to update the links manually? I would be trying to automate as much as possible in your shoes. If it's not something you can automate then my suggestion would be to take the link out altogether, and just keep the F95 link in - when they get to the homepage of the game on F95 there are links to the patreon/webpages etc.

I don't know how others use your app, but I always go to the F95 page to see what the changelog says. I very rarely if ever go direct to the authors website.

tid

Aug 16, 2017
I would prefer if the games only appear to be updated when they are in fact updated, so my vote would be for different dates for game/data updates.
Does it take you a lot of time to update the links manually? I would be trying to automate as much as possible in your shoes. If it's not something you can automate then my suggestion would be to take the link out altogether, and just keep the F95 link in - when they get to the homepage of the game on F95 there are links to the patreon/webpages etc.

I don't know how others use your app, but I always go to the F95 page to see what the changelog says. I very rarely if ever go direct to the authors website.
I can parse the posts to find links but there are too many cases to handle : no link, multiple links, links to something else...
I was also doing thumbs myself but with the new feature I hope that some of you will upload the missing ones ;).

kuraiken

Dec 5, 2017
Hi guys, I have a little question for you :
Links to the authors web page are added manually (by me), when I do so the games seems to be updated but in fact only my datas are. So should I use different dates for games updates and data updates?

In this case it could be perturbing some of the games shown on the download window won't be displayed in the first page if you sort them by date.

Or I can let the system as it is you will see games sorted by when I last modified in my database and not in the order they have been updated.
I'd also vote for the updates only when updated option, so yeah, different dates is better.

CuddleBear

Jun 9, 2017
Yeah metadata dates and update date needs to be different.

Also, those old thumbnails where done manually? they all are so general, cant make it automated?
Best to have those as placeholders till people might change it out over time. Know i havent uploaded as i wanted too either. Takes time to do them correct and right from the assets.
But this stuff is also up to anyone but i guess most dont care.

Also why i mentioned having a banner view since those are already made per game in a neat manner much of the time.
A banner view is also wider so the 16:9 screens will fit better in that so its easier to just grab the original title page and crop for the final wanted look.

Sharinel

Dec 23, 2018
Quick heads-up that today's update seem to have broken the 'order by' dropdown menu at the top left of the 'owned' section. Selecting different options doesn't seem to reorder them.

tid

Aug 16, 2017
Order by is fixed, but when I test it at home the bug where Windows aren't maximised when you open them. I'll work on it. :(

Edit : thumbs cropper is not as well fixed as I thought

tid

Aug 16, 2017
so I have done some optimization tests, starting from a 820Ko png picture :
webp -> 639Ko
jpg using guetzli -> 429Ko
Guetzli is realy slower but it has great performances.

Fond-Planning.jpg Fond-Planning.png
I didn't attach the webp file as F95 doesn't allow this extension.

CuddleBear

Jun 9, 2017
Sound good. Best to get this optimization out early. compression ratios is really impressive much of the time with webp vs png in my experience. Doesnt help that pngs is often bloated.

Please keep in mind if you want to re-use this feature for a cruncher ala: https://f95zone.to/threads/10227/

But that could just be packaged with an GUI for it i guess if you wanted that feature in the client at a point. Prob easier if it supports full cli commands.

CuddleBear

Jun 9, 2017
Any chance we can get Acronym searches in? Or full regex?

Many download files are named with Acronym's instead of the full title.

Think having Acronym searches can make it easier to find the correct title when installing.
This also removes the need to name the download as you do it, removing manual workloads.

For example downloads for example "Perverted Actions: Timelapse" has a filename of PAT_Win.....
Users should be able to say do a search for P. A. T. in a simple pleb friendly manner.

Or you can add regex support for the search and people could do something like this:
Code:
(P\w+).+(A\w+).+(T\w+)

Adding regexes should also open you up for wildcards* allowing you to for example search "Actions*" to get the title above.
Wildcards could also be combined with words found in acronym searches like in the regex exampled, doing a search for "Perverted* Actions* Timelapse*" should find the correct title no matter what order they are in.

But thinking about the search system, all fields really need to be searchable in a single entry points IMO.

Last edited:

CuddleBear

Jun 9, 2017
Notes on supporting banner style images as an alternative library view:

Seems most of the common F95 game banners use 4:1 as an aspect ratio, sometimes in the res 1600x400.

Banner Threads:
https://f95zone.to/threads/2743/
https://f95zone.to/threads/9710/

There is reasons to use these banners instead of having weird 1x1 squares.
They are longer so they can fit longer titles without newlines.
They crop more easily with more content automatically even if generation is needed.
F95 people already make them and in high quality at that, often with title and characters full in view.

It makes more sense to use wide banners as most of the content from titles on F95 is mostly gamesmade for 16:9 which crops just better than a square without loosing content.

CuddleBear

Jun 9, 2017
Was about to log feature suggestions on your personal forums since it seems to work better when its listed there.
But it seems your forums is filled with bots and phishing links.
Anti-Virus also doesn't like the site at all and dolls out warnings.

A trello page might be wanted if you are not keeping track of your to-do-list on your side.
Some of the more autistic people i know like todolist by abstractspoon cause of all the details they can pack into each point.

tid

Aug 16, 2017
Yep bots every where, I'm thinking of closing it. A trello could be a goo idea I'll keep that in mind.

CuddleBear

Jun 9, 2017
Just have somewhere you can list the stuff you want to do and letting us see your thought process and flow of it all. could also allow us to ask more direct about focus too. The free option for trello should be enough. Github could also work but its more for if you have the source code as a whole up on there.

I want this program to get better, i want it to be good and decent.

Reactions: Derover
4.00 star(s) 5 Votes