Tool Others Game Manager 2.17.12.7

4.00 star(s) 5 Votes

tid

Aug 16, 2017
Hello,

I'm back, last and next updates will deal with online save. The next one will be about displaying special characters in author and title.

CuddleBear

Jun 9, 2017
Great to hear you are back and found something you wanted to push on an update.
BUT! This one have been triggering me since April if not longer!
Could you please have a look at it?
Every time you go back to the gallery/query it navigates itself back to the first page... meaning you have to refind your page and place every time you exit a title.

tid

Aug 16, 2017
Updates are back, sorry the computer that fetches them has decided to reboot.

tid

Aug 16, 2017
Great to hear you are back and found something you wanted to push on an update.
BUT! This one have been triggering me since April if not longer!
Could you please have a look at it?
Every time you go back to the gallery/query it navigates itself back to the first page... meaning you have to refind your page and place every time you exit a title.
Ok, I'll work on this in the next update.

Reactions: kuraiken

kuraiken

Dec 5, 2017
Ok, I'll work on this in the next update.
It'd be great if you could also fix the tags.
They still have the same problem: You can assign them, but if you remove one, that removal never gets applied.
If I remove a tag and then right-click the game, that tag is still present.

So currently tags can only be added to games, they cannot be removed from games.
Any erroneously or temporarily assigned tag is absolutely permanent.

asdfg_dk

May 17, 2018
Sometimes when i open the website through the app, i get this error, anyone know what the problem is ??

Security error occurred. Please press back, refresh the page, and try again.

CuddleBear

Jun 9, 2017
Sometimes when i open the website through the app, i get this error, anyone know what the problem is ??

Security error occurred. Please press back, refresh the page, and try again.
Have not seen that myself at all. Next time you get it. Take screenshots and post an issue on the github issue tracker!

abada25

Sep 30, 2019
Ok, i am trying for the first time but having few problems.

- There are rarely thumbnail images, expected?

- Clicking Update twice shows up-to-date game but clicking once doesn't show not up-to-date game.

- I am not sure why but when i double click on Witch Hunter, it opens CastleRock page.

(lastly, what is "Source Directory"? Looks like Base Directory is enough?)

Last edited:

kuraiken

Dec 5, 2017
Ok, i am trying for the first time but having few problems.

- There are rarely thumbnail images, expected?
Thumbnails aren't automatically downloaded anymore, since it slowed everything down and raped your internet connection.
If you want to see a thumbnail for a game, the way I do it is I open the details window, refresh the images for the game via the refresh button, and then rightclick & set as thumbnail the I want for the game.

Not sure if there's some way to automatically do that for all games...but it'd probably be a pretty long process, due to the immense number of games.

- Clicking Update twice shows up-to-date game but clicking once doesn't show not up-to-date game.
Not sure what you mean with that or where you problem is.

In fact I just came upon a different error. If you click update after launching it without selecting browse or owned first, the manager seems to crash.

- One thing i can't understand is, why does program choose to put all of them in one single folder, instead of putting games in sub-folders? Wouldn't that create some problems later? Or basically, wouldn't it hard to use some tools for games (like unRen etc.), and using some mods for games (WT: Silver).

(lastly, what is "Source Directory"? Looks like Base Directory is enough?)
You can actually to go preferences and change the way folders & subfolders work.

Source Directory:

• When you click on the install button for a game, a window opens that allows you to find the game folder/archive that you wish to install. This source folder is the automatic first location you can look for new games.
For me it's:
J:\_h\Game List\install files
Anytime I download a game that I want to install, I throw it in here, so I can easily install the game through the launcher.

Base Directory:
  • This is the location all installed games will be put into.
For me it's:
J:\_h\Game List\installed games

Sub Directory:
This allows you to add code that tells the manager how to manage sub directories for your games.

For me it's:
{game} ({engine}) [{author}]\{version}

1. I download a game, and unpack it into its own folder in J:\_h\Game List\install files.
2. I go into the Game List, click the install button for the game I just downloaded, and pick the *.exe file for the game I just downloaded. (It'll automatically move the entire folder the exe is in, and register the exe as the game's executeable, meaning I can now launch the game from game list.
3. The Game "Kuraiken's Fun Time", when installed, would be in this folder:
J:\_h\Game List\installed games\Kuraiken's Fun Time (RenPy) [kuraiken]\v1.0\

The sub directorys allow me to not only have versions in different sub folders for the game, but also allows me to make clear for the game itself what it was made with and by whom.

• Red Heart
Reactions: huxpuff and abada25

abada25

Sep 30, 2019
Answer about sub directory
Looks like i was little hasty, later i realized what sub- does and edited my post but looks like you were faster than my update : ) Thank you for the very helpful reply tho : D

Answer about thumbnails
Yeah that makes sense. There are tons of games after all. Thanks for the tip

Answer about update
Well, that can be a mistake from my end. Need to check this again.

-----------------

Lastly, is there a way to clean cache, or something like it?

That ( - I am not sure why but when i double click on Witch Hunter, it opens CastleRock page. ) problem still occurs

--------

Aaaaand looks like removing a game removes it from the Browse List alltogether O_O. I remove one while trying to remove it from my pc, what should i do to bring it back?

Last edited:

kuraiken

Dec 5, 2017
Lastly, is there a way to clean cache, or something like it?

That ( - I am not sure why but when i double click on Witch Hunter, it opens CastleRock page. ) problem still occurs

--------
The closest to it that I've found is the refresh gallery button, followed by assign one of the screens as new thumbnail.
But sometimes these wrong references do pop up, and I don't know if the above method still works.

Aaaaand looks like removing a game removes it from the Browse List alltogether O_O. I remove one while trying to remove it from my pc, what should i do to bring it back?
Not sure, I had the same problem at some point and I think I fixed it by preferences -> general -> force "synchronize with games database" or so.

This is probably going to override whatever tags you set or changes you made so far, though.

Reactions: abada25

abada25

Sep 30, 2019
The closest to it that I've found is the refresh gallery button, followed by assign one of the screens as new thumbnail.
But sometimes these wrong references do pop up, and I don't know if the above method still works.

Not sure, I had the same problem at some point and I think I fixed it by preferences -> general -> force "synchronize with games database" or so.

This is probably going to override whatever tags you set or changes you made so far, though.
Hmm, syching worked.

Other issue is pretty persistent tho, for some reason now it stuck on "Lovely Guests". It is strange.. For some games it just shows different name with correct images, for other games it changes images to "Lovely Guests" images as well. For some of them it doesn't show any image at all. Looks like a bug. Look at this for example

Screenshot_1.png

CuddleBear

Jun 9, 2017
Ok so these mismatches are normally all down to the thumbnail the title is using. please set a new thumbnail on the title and you should be good again. it should update to the correct title, version, path and playstate when you do that.
This is a known bug and should be listed on the github. think i put it thereanyway.

Hopefully its something the dev can take a look at soon.
So much of the core featureset is a bit broken atm but its fully useable and still the best alternative.

4.00 star(s) 5 Votes