3.30 star(s) 24 Votes

spacemagick

Sep 11, 2018
So this game definitely seems interesting, but the game keeps crashing when using the task system. Anyone else having this issue?

ogr blanc

May 15, 2019
That's one of the largest bugs.
His code uses calls within calls, so your loaded save returns to the earliest call. You basically start at the beginning again.

It's going to take a complete rewrite of his code to fix it and most of the other bugs that make this game completely unplayable.
pretty much this, i pointed out that they tried to reinvent the wheel, and ended up borking the code. they made a pretty game, but all that was lost when they made the game unplayable.

as i see, this is a make or break situation, either they work on it and fix, AT THE VERY LEAST, the save system, or the game is dead.

Reactions: Badjourasmix

Acepter

Oct 19, 2017
So if you accept tasks from Rodrick before he teaches you about it you get locked into his task menu with no way out. Unless I'm not seeing the exit button
EDIT: Should've read the bug notes first. It's promising just a lot of knots to work out

BTungsteno

Jul 10, 2019
Soooo ,was anyone to complete V0.2 without getting beheaded by the bugs?

I was doing ok until i made the mistake to reload a save and well...Bugverse happened.
Can't wait for the fixs

TeamGodswood

Game Developer
Jun 26, 2019
pretty much this, i pointed out that they tried to reinvent the wheel, and ended up borking the code. they made a pretty game, but all that was lost when they made the game unplayable.

as i see, this is a make or break situation, either they work on it and fix, AT THE VERY LEAST, the save system, or the game is dead.
I get wanting to be dramatic about an update that is, to varying degrees, broken. Let's look at the facts;

1.) We added a lot of foundational stuff to this particular update to make developing quests and objectives and gameplay loops in the future easier so we could get updates out quicker. This explains why some things aren't behaving exactly like they should be.

2.) We've said we'll be putting out a bug-fix update soon (today for patrons) that should fix some of the issues (including the save/load issue and task system). This won't be the final bug-fix update for 0.2 as another one will be going out with the public release in a week.

3.) This was not meant to be a public release. This was for our gold pass patrons who want access to our updates as soon as possible. This delay between releases is intended to add value to our patreon, but also allows for us to playtest (as a community) and implement fixes before releasing publically.

and finally,

4.) This is our second update to the game. This is not the game being anywhere near completed. We're still actively working on the game.

So to recap, still working on the game. We appreciate the bug-reports and are looking forward to hearing more from everyone once they finally play it when the public release of 0.2 is out.

ogr blanc

May 15, 2019
I get wanting to be dramatic about an update that is, to varying degrees, broken. Let's look at the facts;

1.) We added a lot of foundational stuff to this particular update to make developing quests and objectives and gameplay loops in the future easier so we could get updates out quicker. This explains why some things aren't behaving exactly like they should be.

2.) We've said we'll be putting out a bug-fix update soon (today for patrons) that should fix some of the issues (including the save/load issue and task system). This won't be the final bug-fix update for 0.2 as another one will be going out with the public release in a week.

3.) This was not meant to be a public release. This was for our gold pass patrons who want access to our updates as soon as possible. This delay between releases is intended to add value to our patreon, but also allows for us to playtest (as a community) and implement fixes before releasing publically.

and finally,

4.) This is our second update to the game. This is not the game being anywhere near completed. We're still actively working on the game.

So to recap, still working on the game. We appreciate the bug-reports and are looking forward to hearing more from everyone once they finally play it when the public release of 0.2 is out.

that's good to hear, the game exudes love, however, it does have problems that make it unplayable. when i said that this was a make or break situation i was being 100% honest, many games have been abandoned for getting "problematic" bugs, and i do belive that this could very well be too hard to fix for many developers.

like i said, i hope this becomes a stepping stone to a project that may become as big as four elements or something unlimited. BUT it would require you guys to grind your teeth and dig into the core of what broke it, or else the game would have no future.

with that said, i wish you guys the best of luck, with an honest desire to see you succeed. dont give up.

Trello

Jan 15, 2018
Was going to complain about how the game non-stop crashes but I see that's already been covered.. Nothing else to do here but wait then. Shame as well, was looking forward to a second version due to how long it took for the 2nd release to occur ;(

3.30 star(s) 24 Votes