hirikumo

Nov 19, 2018
Last Patreon post was in May, dev hasn't logged in since July, and the game isn't getting much support. I want to remain positive, but I've got a bad feeling about this one.

Avaron1974

Resident Lesbian
Aug 22, 2018
and the game isn't getting much support.
This is the one thing that legit pisses me off about some devs.

The days of games getting instant subs is long gone. Back then there were very few games so those that came along like Big Brother, Milfy and DoD did so when people were short of interactive adult entertainment.

Now the market is saturated with them with new devs popping up every day and there isn't enough money to support them all.

You have some devs come in thinking this will make them quick money and it isn't going to happen. Games making bank now are few and far between.

The average income is 1k before tax so take hom is just over 500. Now i've seen some people say that devs would be happy earning the average except it's the average for a reason, it's what a lot earn but nowhere near all. A lot of adult game devs won't make anything which is why even the bigger devs tell new devs to treat it like a hobby and don't start unless you can financially support yourself because this isn't going to.

After all the abandoned games and shady devs a lot of us refuse to back new devs. A group of people won't back a dev until they have 2 or 3 games under their belt and prove they can finish what they start.

hirikumo

Nov 19, 2018

The days of games getting instant subs is long gone. Back then there were very few games so those that came along like Big Brother, Milfy and DoD did so when people were short of interactive adult entertainment.

Now the market is saturated with them with new devs popping up every day and there isn't enough money to support them all.

You have some devs come in thinking this will make them quick money and it isn't going to happen. Games making bank now are few and far between.

The average income is 1k before tax so take hom is just over 500. Now i've seen some people say that devs would be happy earning the average except it's the average for a reason, it's what a lot earn but nowhere near all. A lot of adult game devs won't make anything which is why even the bigger devs tell new devs to treat it like a hobby and don't start unless you can financially support yourself because this isn't going to.

After all the abandoned games and shady devs a lot of us refuse to back new devs. A group of people won't back a dev until they have 2 or 3 games under their belt and prove they can finish what they start.
Yet again, Avaron spitting nothing but facts.

hirikumo

Nov 19, 2018
Not surprised, tbh. Dev hasn't made a post on Patreon, F95, or Discord in months. Regardless of that, I do like this game, so I'm going to wish them the best and hope for the game to return.

Airell

Developer of Love and Corruption
Game Developer
Aug 18, 2017

Most devs decide to try because they look at the big games that were successful in the past... But it was a time of abundance. The whale projects make people think this is a quick and easy process... I also blame Dunning Kruger.

4.10 star(s) 7 Votes