Feebs

Pervert
Game Developer
Mar 22, 2023
Hotfix 0.1.2 added to OP, with changelog.
I'll wait a bit longer for any other major issues, then resubmit as a full file, leaving the hotfix available for those already downloaded 0.1.0, of course.

subli

Jul 30, 2020
Elsie calls her sister Cassie, rather than whatever name you've chosen, when you ask her about how long the two have been in this world during the first day.

Edit: Also, when you talk to Megan about her mother she will ask if you know Kylie got bigger boobs when she went through the portal. You'll say that you don't know even if you've already been told so by Kylie.

Reactions: Feebs

Feyschek

Game Developer
Jun 12, 2021
I was getting the same error. Turns out, the code specifically sets the game path to file://G:Gateway/ if the game file path containes a folder named temp or private. Moving the game to a folder with neither temp nor private in its path solved the issue for me.
Maybe the developer can conceive of a better check to enable debug mode ;)?
I don’t understand at all why it is necessary to make such a strict connection to the position of the game on the hard drive 0_o

Feyschek

Game Developer
Jun 12, 2021
Gosh, a lot of posts overnight. Thanks to all for the bug reports, and apologies you're having them. I will endeavor to fix. If anyone who hasn't already can share save files just before the error occurs, that would be helpful. If anyone is interested, I have posted in the recruitment forum asking for a playtester hoping to reduce such errors in future builds.
Yes, I was shocked every time I saw a new message on the site, I thought every time that someone was writing to me in a personal message. :LOL:

Zirenaz

Feb 20, 2020
1697032523101.png
Name seems to be set to default instead of the chosen. Happened first time I check buffer and got her to the gateway, but actually seems to be a general problem for this character.
After getting Derin too, it seems to be a general problem for later characters, she keeps calling me kid and MC calls her Der, eventhough both have been changed.

Also noticed some back-loops getting you stuck at a place, like in the waiting room. Locations should not use back, but be set directly to parent location, to avoidback-loops like this.
1697032768962.png 1697032794533.png

1697035514367.png 1697033725132.png 1697035472449.png
All 3 is same error, red ones from the tracker, first one goes off screen. Last is from the console.

Feebs

Pervert
Game Developer
Mar 22, 2023
is there any way to unlock the gallery?
There's currently no in game cheats for it, no. I'll add something to the cheat app in a future version.

View attachment 2997624
Name seems to be set to default instead of the chosen. Happened first time I check buffer and got her to the gateway, but actually seems to be a general problem for this character.
After getting Derin too, it seems to be a general problem for later characters, she keeps calling me kid and MC calls her Der, eventhough both have been changed.

Also noticed some back-loops getting you stuck at a place, like in the waiting room. Locations should not use back, but be set directly to parent location, to avoidback-loops like this.
View attachment 2997628 View attachment 2997630

View attachment 2997723 View attachment 2997661 View attachment 2997722
All 3 is same error, red ones from the tracker, first one goes off screen. Last is from the console.
Thanks, I've replaced all instances of <<return>> and addressed Lashonda's issue.

As for the names, most of the family members have the option to change how they refer to you. Throcky is the default for Charlotte, for instance, and Derin's is kid. These characters tend to use those terms rather than your name. Though, this has made me realize there's a big feature I wanted to include and have just forgotten about (hadn't even added it to my notes or todo list!) which is to give the ability for the player to change names of characters and for the family, all their other options too - including what they generally refer to you as. I'll work to add that in a future update. If you've changed from Throckmorton to something else, though, that default nickname should have changed too, so regardless of everything else, I'll investigate that issue too.

maybe the next update can have a guide or hints on how to unlock the videos?
It's certainly something I wanted to add. Just using the ? system similar to tasks, but it's relatively low on my list atm if I'm honest. So, here's the current batch for you. All the spoiler tags are just to better organise it without taking up loads of room on the page. Only in the inline spoilers are actually meant as real spoilers so players can chose to just to read one or two should they see fit.

Also noticed while collating this, Ruby and Megan have a scene missing from the replayer. The limit break scene is also missing, but I haven't added a category for that one just yet!
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

still get error when new day starts, and still can't save
What's the error? Autosave occurs each morning, so I suspect they are connected.
Do you have issues saving with other HTML games? Eg Destroyer?

Feebs

Pervert
Game Developer
Mar 22, 2023
Is the virus thing fixed?
Nothing from my end at least, I believe it's a false positive. Having read some advice from other developers, it's not uncommon for new releases from publishers with no prior reputation to have this issue, especially with Windows Defender. Apparently, even Ren'py sometimes has the same problem when it releases a new version.

I have scanned everything on VirusTotal, and only 1 of 90 security vendors is flagging anything on the website, and 0 flag it when I upload the files themselves. Interestingly, my own Windows Defender doesn't flag it either. I've also used some of the scanners directly, such as Kaspursky and come back clean. I'm therefore almost entirely certain it's a false positive, but I fully understand if you want to wait it out until (hopefully) Windows defender or whatever AV you're using has seen it enough times to decide it's okay.

Feebs

Pervert
Game Developer
Mar 22, 2023
Got a Virus report from the download.
Used Virustotal to check the online version and it checked in for " Bfore.Ai PreCrime ".

No clue what that is, not sure if it's a false positive. So I guess I'll wait for an answer.
A little late to reply as I've been looking into the issue; see my post just above for full info, but specifically for your post, "Bfore.Ai PreCrime" isn't the name of the potential malware, that's one of the security vendors, the only one of ninety at the time that flagged it. However, I have just noticed the scan they had was a month old, I've done another just now, and it does say there are two flagging it now. Still Bfore.Ai PreCrime and also, Criminal IP, the latter suggesting the site is phishing, which given I'm asking for no personal details is clearly wrong, but I suspect because you type people's names in that's why it's flagging there. That does get me wondering if the entire false positive is due to it thinking the entire thing is some type of phishing scam, though.

Full info from .

Balalaechnik

Apr 17, 2020
Right, first of all - like the game, hope to see you making it to the finish man!
Now sorry if I repeat anything already reported:
1) You have a memory leak somewhere in manage scheduler - each assigment of character freezes game (and each next one increase freeze time up to total freeze).
2) Left control panel overlaps with computer screen instead of moving it like rest of the game. (In online version works fine btw.)
Some suggestions:
1) In expeditions menu show at least girl's fatigue lvl.
2) Girls skill lvls prolly should be shown somewhere else besides manage drop down menu.
3) I get that you for minimalistic approach for contacts menu but it probably should show more information (aformentioned skills, submission lvl maybe?).

1tomadeira

Engaged Member
May 25, 2017
Seems decent, but unfortunely way too many bugs for a release. One or other here and there is fine, but at some point it got pretty annoying to have will to report them, sorry. I'll wait a bit for bugfix patch, if they aren't so obnoxious I'll give it another try.

I usually have strength to continue to play and then report, but it's way too many bugs, at least for now, sorry. Which is sad, because the layout is nice, along with the concept.

ttyrke

Game Developer
Jun 10, 2017
Feebs as for that false positive trojan I think that should be on top of the priority list.
I had the same problem BUT for my game. I was lucky enough to manage to reproduce it with windows defender.

Debugging method was that I just pretty much deleted batch of my passages and rebuilt the game file and scanned (keep in mind that windows defender also caches those virus alarms so it might not go away or appear so I would suggest to rename that file each time).

As for what exactly caused that false positive virus alert - a .gif file or .gif file name.
So I just replaced that gif and virus alert went away.

onoxlol

Jul 7, 2017
I get this error when doing the quest " Connect to 0-0-0 " and then talking to Phaedra for the first time. Either option gives me the same error.

An error has occurred. You may be able to continue, but some parts may not work properly.

Error: <<set>>: bad evaluation: State.variables.constructs.toilets is undefined.

Stack Trace:
value@file:///F:/Gateway/Gateway.html:44272:146765
handler/<@file:///F:/Gateway/Gateway.html:44272:218866
value/<@file:///F:/Gateway/Gateway.html:44272:198706
oneClickFnWrapper/<@file:///F:/Gateway/Gateway.html:44272:45856
onClickFnWrapper/<@file:///F:/Gateway/Gateway.html:44272:45634
dispatch@file:///F:/Gateway/Gateway.html:57:43064
add/v.handle@file:///F:/Gateway/Gateway.html:57:41048

4.60 star(s) 32 Votes