Daxter250

Forum Fanatic
Sep 17, 2017
That's not true. Cheat Engine works fine in my experience. I've modified a fair number of things in this game with CE.

If it isn't, what would you call it then?
drawn. sprite games are games that you create with pixels (e.g. with paint to be totally blant). drawn games can be either achieved by using special programs (can be seen in various comics on tv like gumball) or by using a drawing tablet. and no, drawn stuff don't work with pixels at all, i think they are working with vectors.

here a comparison with pics:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Reactions: ponyguy

156_163_146_167

Engaged Member
Jun 5, 2017
drawn. sprite games are games that you create with pixels (e.g. with paint to be totally blant). drawn games can be either achieved by using special programs (can be seen in various comics on tv like gumball) or by using a drawing tablet. and no, drawn stuff don't work with pixels at all, i think they are working with vectors.

here a comparison with pics:
I always thought of that more of a distinction between pixel art and non pixel art. In my head, sprites is pretty much anything 2d. So 3d games would not fall under that category, of course. That line gets blurred when you use 3d software to make 2d assets.

Daxter250

Forum Fanatic
Sep 17, 2017
I always thought of that more of a distinction between pixel art and non pixel art. In my head, sprites is pretty much anything 2d. So 3d games would not fall under that category, of course. That line gets blurred when you use 3d software to make 2d assets.
heh, jeah the line can be pretty blurred. i always mean with sprites, a graphicstyle where you show pixelated graphics on purpose. makes it easier for me to draw the line then.

ANTagonist

May 27, 2017
Any games similar to this? With more or less rape being part of the story not only as GoR.
More than a couple man: The Ghost House, Xenotake (the dev's other game), Future Fragments and Parasite In City just to name a few.
Unfortunately the genre tends to be utterly set around the principle of losing to get the thing you're more than likely playing the game for, even if G.H.V. doesn't necessarily let you lose. The only male equivalent we have would be Virgin Invader and that's more "win to rape victim".
Maybe oneday we'll get a less rapey version of these games but until then unzip, whip and polish.

shineek

Nov 13, 2017
More than a couple man: The Ghost House, Xenotake (the dev's other game), Future Fragments and Parasite In City just to name a few.
Unfortunately the genre tends to be utterly set around the principle of losing to get the thing you're more than likely playing the game for, even if G.H.V. doesn't necessarily let you lose. The only male equivalent we have would be Virgin Invader and that's more "win to rape victim".
Ive already beat The Ghost House and Parasite in City a long ago and beat Xenotake as well right after finishing Ghost Hunter Vena. I dont know Future Fragments but it does not look like it actually has any rape in it, ill check it anyway cause the art looks interesting.

Maybe oneday we'll get a less rapey version of these games but until then unzip, whip and polish.
Why would i want that? I can have normal sex anytime i want in real life i dont need that in game. Its same thing with why many ppl love fantasy settings, cause you cant kill a dragon or a demon in real life. Same with nukige games, why would i want casual sex in them when i can have it in real life.

Cube-Chan

Jun 6, 2017
Sooo... Is there a proper gallery hiding somewhere or is it really just that pile of disconnected soundless animation that feels more like it was made for screenshots than as a gallery?

shineek

Nov 13, 2017
Are you running version 1.07? It has a gallery.
I dont think this is the "proper" gallery he means. For instance a lot of the animations are still in the sprite gallery which makes some of them be split up. He probably asks about a gallery which would let you review the events as they where, and the gallery not being split into 3 separete sections.

Zetsuko

Sep 22, 2016
Hey, I completed the game, but I would like a save just before the bosh that flashes in both colors, with straps. I don't want to give too many hints, but the ones who reached it know what I'm talking about.
I want a save just before you fight him, pretty please?

shineek

Nov 13, 2017
Hey, I completed the game, but I would like a save just before the bosh that flashes in both colors, with straps. I don't want to give too many hints, but the ones who reached it know what I'm talking about.
I want a save just before you fight him, pretty please?
Dont get what boss you looking for, also in version 1.07 you can now pick a moment you wanna start from, something like a chapter which makes it easy to get where you want to be in less than 5 minutes. And no ive beat the game and i still dont know what you mean.

Zetsuko

Sep 22, 2016
Oh, I'll download the new version then, and the boss I'm talking about is the one that attacks you with straps to bind you.

shineek

Nov 13, 2017
Oh, I'll download the new version then, and the boss I'm talking about is the one that attacks you with straps to bind you.
Oh you meant the boss with inflation scene. Well i think you can start close to him, but you also have the new Ghostly Prison, so if you just wanted to watch this animation you can now watch it there.

Sep 22, 2017
Not sure if it's a bug or I'm too impatient but the gallery is completely grayed out for me in the menu. I haven't progressed all that much (opened the seal with the three machines and found the "safest place" under the portrait) but other games similar to this added the scenes to the gallery as soon as you encountered them in-game.

Edit: Okay, I've progressed a lot further, currently looking for that legendary book that isn't in the library and now I'm pretty sure the gallery should be open but it still isn't. Do I have to complete the entire game to unlock it or is it bugged for me?

Umberfoot

Dec 5, 2017
Not sure if it's a bug or I'm too impatient but the gallery is completely grayed out for me in the menu. I haven't progressed all that much (opened the seal with the three machines and found the "safest place" under the portrait) but other games similar to this added the scenes to the gallery as soon as you encountered them in-game.

Edit: Okay, I've progressed a lot further, currently looking for that legendary book that isn't in the library and now I'm pretty sure the gallery should be open but it still isn't. Do I have to complete the entire game to unlock it or is it bugged for me?
It's not a bug, you do have to complete the entire game first. In my experience, the two methods have different costs and benefits: games that let you replay scenes as soon as you've unlocked them usually require you to play through every scene you want to unlock, whereas games that make you wait until completion for a gallery tend to include scenes that you didn't necessarily unlock - Noxian Nights comes to mind as an example.

But yeah, in the case of this particular game, the gallery requires you to complete the game at least once. If the game's giving you trouble, I posted a walkthrough back on page 6 of this thread that might be helpful.

Sep 22, 2017
It's not a bug, you do have to complete the entire game first. In my experience, the two methods have different costs and benefits: games that let you replay scenes as soon as you've unlocked them usually require you to play through every scene you want to unlock, whereas games that make you wait until completion for a gallery tend to include scenes that you didn't necessarily unlock - Noxian Nights comes to mind as an example.

But yeah, in the case of this particular game, the gallery requires you to complete the game at least once. If the game's giving you trouble, I posted a walkthrough back on page 6 of this thread that might be helpful.
Thank you, I'm glad this is the case and it's not bugged. So I guess I should stop letting the creatures have their way every time there's a new type of monster, since it's not required for the gallery (if I understand it correctly), that should make the game a bit easier. As for the walkthrough, I did find one on the first page but unfortunately, it's not really helping me in my current situation. I have to get back to the statue room with the red eye thing but I can't seem to find the way (even though it should be obvious, I've been there before) and the walkthrough only says "go back to the statue room".. well, I'm trying.:D

Edit: Nvm there's a lot more on page 6, including a map with arrows showing how to get to certain locations, that should do it, thank you very much!

Reactions: Umberfoot
4.10 star(s) 29 Votes