Mod Giannan Trek (Odyssey of Gianna)

1d51

May 14, 2022
LilinaXSinianFH_1.png SableBrdYand_1.png

Overview:
A mod that makes several additions to the game. Including New Game starting Scenarios, a Mode that makes curses more dangerous, another that makes Bad Ends have permanent consequences, party leadership takeover (by party members, and enemies), a few toggles for a more challenging experience, some new items, and much more!​

Updated: Sep 10, 2022
Game/Creator: Vhiel Kalominos - - - - - -
Modder: 1d51, Catalyst, Dawn, H3106, Borpie, Philia, Ex!stenc3
Mod Version: 0.2.1
Game Version: 3.01 (Normal mode)
Language: English

Features:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Installation:

Change-Log:

Download:

Last edited:

Philia

Dec 27, 2020
Thank you for bringing us this bountiful mod!
Quick question: On the github page, do we download and install only the uppermost release, the one that right now says Bad Dreams? Will that alone include all the features listed in OP?

1d51

May 14, 2022
You're welcome! Each release comes with their own README with a list of features, but to answer you question, the OP does lists the features of the Bad Dreams release. BTW you might want to grab this instead.

Philia

Dec 27, 2020
You're welcome! Each release comes with their own README with a list of features, but to answer you question, the OP does lists the features of the Bad Dreams release. BTW you might want to grab this instead.
Thank you for the swift answer!
Is that bugfix very recent?

I've turned on almost all the features of this mod, but despite having enabled the Bad Dreams and Real Curses I don't seem to notice any of their effects after getting Bad Ended or getting transformed. Do they have a very low chance of occuring or am I just missing something. I've looked through the Afflictions tab and see nothing, none of the times I've repeatedly tried losing to random encounters and losing to Lost Witch.

1d51

May 14, 2022
Thank you for the swift answer!
Is that bugfix very recent?

I've turned on almost all the features of this mod, but despite having enabled the Bad Dreams and Real Curses I don't seem to notice any of their effects after getting Bad Ended or getting transformed. Do they have a very low chance of occuring or am I just missing something. I've looked through the Afflictions tab and see nothing, none of the times I've repeatedly tried losing to random encounters and losing to Lost Witch.
Yeah the new version came out yesterday, and the bugfix is from today.

Bad Dreams only covers some of the Bad Ends for now:

Real Curses makes it so that when you're cursed (from an enemy skill), you get a random curse.

Do these not work for you?

Last edited:
Reactions: Philia

1d51

May 14, 2022
BTW I've seen you around in the Discord server. You might want to keep an eye on the modding channel and Giannan Treck thread.

Philia

Dec 27, 2020
Yeah the new version came out yesterday, and the bugfix is from today.

Bad Dreams only covers some of the Bad Ends for now:

Real Curses makes it so that when you're cursed (from an enemy skill), you get a random curse.

Do these not work for you?
Oh so it's just the Lost Witch that hasn't been implemented yet... darn it I've wasted some time.
But oh well! The Bandit's, Puppeteer and Dragon's affliction seem to be applied as intended! And they're very very hot... <3
I just automatically assumed none worked since it took so many tries to get 'em, plus I could never get anything from the Lost Witch, but yeah.
These are absolutely GREAT afflictions! And I love the other settings like nerfing fast travel, removing all purchasable cures, and the cursed trickster!

And just to clarify: The "Real Curses" mod, does it only have something to do with the Forest Witches's curses spells? As well as the trickster, and certain traps that may randomly appear through the Map Randomizer?

BTW I've seen you around in the Discord server. You might want to keep an eye on the modding channel and Giannan Treck thread.
YEAH it was in the modding thread that I saw mention of the Lost Witch having a Bad Dream affliction as well, and now I've tried surrendering to her like 20 times with no results! How silly of me!

The Penguin

Mar 1, 2018
I might be dumb, but when I installed the mods, some option weren't there for me to choose, like the drone or party take over for exemple... Also, I didn't see anything related to the "Real Curse" even with it activated, as I said I might have fucked it.

Can anyone help me on that ? Pretty please ?

1d51

May 14, 2022
I might be dumb, but when I installed the mods, some option weren't there for me to choose, like the drone or party take over for exemple... Also, I didn't see anything related to the "Real Curse" even with it activated, as I said I might have fucked it.

Can anyone help me on that ? Pretty please ?
Question about the Dronification ability: how do you do it?
Some of the options are enabled by default an can't be toggled, like Dronification and Party Takeover. Dronification is a skill that only Drones have, and you need the Blue Orb for it to appear. Once you obtain it, know that it has a low chance to succeed, so be patient! About Party Takeover, some characters have a special skill called Takeover, which can be used on your current Leader, to take their place. The Real Curses mode makes curses apply a negative passive skill to your characters. Curses come from the Forest Witches, for example.

Philia

Dec 27, 2020
This looks great, but how is it difficulty wise compared to vanilla hard mode?
Far too easy compared to hard mode, even with all the mods here on.
The addition of curses and removal of cures adds a significant increase to the difficulty (and hotness level in form of more permanence, imo), but you still have too many members to easily throw around and deal with bosses no problem.
Also wish there were more enemies that could inflict the bad statuses like masochism, horny trigger and puppet fetish.

Philia

Dec 27, 2020
That being said, increasing enemy stats wouldn’t be an exciting diff increase, and instead feel too grindy.

Instead, transformation effects could be thrown at you more frequently and if they’d be harder to cure, you’d instead get a more interesting difficulty.

However in this mod, you still get the spells that infinetly cure statuses are obtainable through tomes and JP, and that’s one of the game’s main flaws imo. Renders all one-time cures redundant if you can just go to any travel point to cure.

So it’s still a matter of needing to make the game as difficult as you want it yourself, but the Treck mod does help by enforcing all these naughty curses and scarcity of cures. The permanency and the ability to trade statuses for such, is a very exciting and erotic concept!

I’m very glad this mod is being worked on, and don’t mean to complain or anything! Just voicing a few suggestions since this game is so dear to me!
Keep up the good work!

Last edited:
Reactions: 1d51

Lilitas72

Jan 21, 2020
Some of the options are enabled by default an can't be toggled, like Dronification and Party Takeover. Dronification is a skill that only Drones have, and you need the Blue Orb for it to appear. Once you obtain it, know that it has a low chance to succeed, so be patient! About Party Takeover, some characters have a special skill called Takeover, which can be used on your current Leader, to take their place. The Real Curses mode makes curses apply a negative passive skill to your characters. Curses come from the Forest Witches, for example.
Thanks for pointing out the blue orb requirement with the Dronification ability. I just saw it listed in my abilities but it was grayed out so I thought I could only use it on certain enemies or something.

1d51

May 14, 2022
This looks great, but how is it difficulty wise compared to vanilla hard mode?
Far too easy compared to hard mode, even with all the mods here on.
The addition of curses and removal of cures adds a significant increase to the difficulty (and hotness level in form of more permanence, imo), but you still have too many members to easily throw around and deal with bosses no problem.
Also wish there were more enemies that could inflict the bad statuses like masochism, horny trigger and puppet fetish.
I'd argue it can be even more difficult than hard mode, with the right toggles on. The "Toggle options" choice in the Randomizers dialog has many options for making the game more difficult. I have plans for the afflictions (other than Bad Dreams) and some other pretty awesome stuff is on the works, you can check the Giannan Treck thread in the discord for that (potential spoilers).

That being said, increasing enemy stats wouldn’t be an exciting diff increase, and instead feel too grindy.

Instead, transformation effects could be thrown at you more frequently and if they’d be harder to cure, you’d instead get a more interesting difficulty.

However in this mod, you still get the spells that infinetly cure statuses are obtainable through tomes and JP, and that’s one of the game’s main flaws imo. Renders all one-time cures redundant if you can just go to any travel point to cure.

So it’s still a matter of needing to make the game as difficult as you want it yourself, but the Treck mod does help by enforcing all these naughty curses and scarcity of cures. The permanency and the ability to trade statuses for such, is a very exciting and erotic concept!

I’m very glad this mod is being worked on, and don’t mean to complain or anything! Just voicing a few suggestions since this game is so dear to me!
Keep up the good work!
Thanks! Those spells and tomes should be removed with the harder cures toggle right? There's also a curse that increases how often status effect land. Maybe I should make a toggle for that, or directly make enemies more aggressive in that regard, as you suggest.

Mythbot

Aug 18, 2018
This is a cool mod so far! I'm especially loving a certain "affliction" Sinian can get...would make her one very dangerous succubus! I've noticed though that if I get a Bad End at Alisha's house, the game seems to lock up when it would apply the affliction. I only have the main three plus Nuan...so I'm guessing that's because its supposed to affect a girl I don't have yet on this playthrough?

1d51

May 14, 2022
This is a cool mod so far! I'm especially loving a certain "affliction" Sinian can get...would make her one very dangerous succubus! I've noticed though that if I get a Bad End at Alisha's house, the game seems to lock up when it would apply the affliction. I only have the main three plus Nuan...so I'm guessing that's because its supposed to affect a girl I don't have yet on this playthrough?
Thanks for the bug report! until I release a new version.

Philia

Dec 27, 2020
I'd argue it can be even more difficult than hard mode, with the right toggles on. The "Toggle options" choice in the Randomizers dialog has many options for making the game more difficult. I have plans for the afflictions (other than Bad Dreams) and some other pretty awesome stuff is on the works, you can check the Giannan Treck thread in the discord for that (potential spoilers).

Thanks! Those spells and tomes should be removed with the harder cures toggle right? There's also a curse that increases how often status effect land. Maybe I should make a toggle for that, or directly make enemies more aggressive in that regard, as you suggest.
I've turned on almost all toggles offered in this mod. The Bad Dreams, the Real Curses, the Limit Fast Travel, the Difficult Cures, the Harsh Ambushes, and the Hard Enemies, all turned on. Turned off Instant Items as well. Played half the game in this state and haven't really gotten much trouble, mostly due to defeating mobs and bosses with ease, without getting hit by many significant and permanent Afflictions.

All of these mods have indeed made the game significantly harder, but I'd argue not as hard as hard mode since mob and boss stats are still rather low. But as I said, I advise against increasing their stats as to making things more grindy.
Though at the same time, how are we ever going to get afflicted by Masochism or Shameful if we never lose to these very specific and weak encounters? Our party would need to be already severely cursed from before, weakened to a state where even small fry like bandits and dragon worshippers can whop their asses.

And so I hope to see more ways to get frequently hit by permanent and demeaning statuses along the way!
Especially the Afflictions you get from witch curses and the clown, are very well balanced in how they start small but build up in power. They just need to come in place much earlier in the game, before we get all the additional 100 party members to throw around! ^^

The Difficult Cures is one of my most desired changes to Gianna since ever, and for the most part it does indeed make obtainable cures scarce enough to really fear getting transformed. < 3 Although I've still found a few cure tomes here and there, and Samona is still allowed to cure puppets infinetly (why would she ever want to cure puppets? =p).

But yeah, all the curses and afflictions are awesome and would make the game hard and softlocked enough, if they just appeared a bit more frequently due to, idk, more traps and more witches?

Oh, oh, idea! How about scattering around fake chests, that curses several party members instead of giving an item?
They could either be placed in place of already existing chests, making every chest a 1/6 gamble or something, or they could be placed in addition to the old chests, testing your Gianna knowledge on which to open and which to not.
I'm leaning more towards the latter, if it's not too much work. Since I wouldn't want any significant, unique item like the rings or cockrings to disappear in place of curses. But then again, those of us most experienced could prob easily discern which chests look suspiciously out of place...
So maybe the first one is the best option, as long as none of those unique items are being poofed away entirely.