Mod Giannan Trek (Odyssey of Gianna)

1d51

May 14, 2022
Those are all some good points. Thanks for the feedback! In order:

I've turned on almost all toggles offered in this mod. The Bad Dreams, the Real Curses, the Limit Fast Travel, the Difficult Cures, the Harsh Ambushes, and the Hard Enemies, all turned on. Turned off Instant Items as well. Played half the game in this state and haven't really gotten much trouble, mostly due to defeating mobs and bosses with ease, without getting hit by many significant and permanent Afflictions.

All of these mods have indeed made the game significantly harder, but I'd argue not as hard as hard mode since mob and boss stats are still rather low. But as I said, I advise against increasing their stats as to making things more grindy.
Though at the same time, how are we ever going to get afflicted by Masochism or Shameful if we never lose to these very specific and weak encounters? Our party would need to be already severely cursed from before, weakened to a state where even small fry like bandits and dragon worshippers can whop their asses.

And so I hope to see more ways to get frequently hit by permanent and demeaning statuses along the way!
Especially the Afflictions you get from witch curses and the clown, are very well balanced in how they start small but build up in power. They just need to come in place much earlier in the game, before we get all the additional 100 party members to throw around! ^^
Fully agree on this. Something that I've been working on recently is adding long-term consequences to some interactions in the story (Afflictions or other skills). I intend for these to be somewhat Easter eggs, as they might actually be very beneficial to know about, so I won't go into details. Just know that one is already present in the current version, and I recently added another. This alone wouldn't solve the issue at hand though.

The Difficult Cures is one of my most desired changes to Gianna since ever, and for the most part it does indeed make obtainable cures scarce enough to really fear getting transformed. < 3 Although I've still found a few cure tomes here and there, and Samona is still allowed to cure puppets infinetly (why would she ever want to cure puppets? =p).
About those tomes, could you specify? I'd rather remove them. Or are they because of Random Loot? Actually, I should remove them even then. I decided to leave that skill on Samona because it's convenient for gameplay. Like how Yterre can turn party members into maids, and cure them.

But yeah, all the curses and afflictions are awesome and would make the game hard and softlocked enough, if they just appeared a bit more frequently due to, idk, more traps and more witches?

Oh, oh, idea! How about scattering around fake chests, that curses several party members instead of giving an item?
They could either be placed in place of already existing chests, making every chest a 1/6 gamble or something, or they could be placed in addition to the old chests, testing your Gianna knowledge on which to open and which to not.
I'm leaning more towards the latter, if it's not too much work. Since I wouldn't want any significant, unique item like the rings or cockrings to disappear in place of curses. But then again, those of us most experienced could prob easily discern which chests look suspiciously out of place...
So maybe the first one is the best option, as long as none of those unique items are being poofed away entirely.
Love it. Will implement the idea of cured chests, probably by giving a low chance to every chest to be cursed. It will still give you the contents, but also curse you. It has actually reminded me of a mod for Skyrim, and I think I might be able to do something similar: Equipment that looks like the real thing, but changes into cursed fetish wear when equipped. To remove the cursed items, you'd need either Holy Water or a Lockpick, depending on the item, and it'd only have a chance of succeeding.

• Red Heart
Reactions: Philia

Philia

Dec 27, 2020
Love it. Will implement the idea of cured chests, probably by giving a low chance to every chest to be cursed. It will still give you the contents, but also curse you. It has actually reminded me of a mod for Skyrim, and I think I might be able to do something similar: Equipment that looks like the real thing, but changes into cursed fetish wear when equipped. To remove the cursed items, you'd need either Holy Water or a Lockpick, depending on the item, and it'd only have a chance of succeeding.
Holy crap yeessssssss cursed fetish wear!
An obvious choice here would of course be the already existing chastity belt, and maybe even a modified cockring for our futanaris?

But yeah, would be super exciting if some or all equipment loot could havethe chance of cursing and locking on, to whichever (un)lucky character puts it on. < 3

Last edited:
  • Red Heart
Reactions: 1d51

Philia

Dec 27, 2020
And now that I think of it, maybe only when I first explored Kepiat Gallery did I find a Soften tome. Just a feeling I’ve got that other tomes have popped up, but maybe not.

And I guess Samona makes sense to be able to do with her puppets as she pleases. But perhaps those 5 cure puppet charges could be non-rechargeable? Making you think wisely about which 5 puppets to cure the entire playthrough? Or cost a hefty sum of money each time?

Philia

Dec 27, 2020
OH right, and could you remove this option Kepiat has to cure petrification?
Totally forgot she does this after mercying her, I think very few have ever needed to use it in normal Gianna, but it still is an unlimited out-of-jail-for-free-card.

Plus, she sells Soften tomes and Gorgon Braids.

Last edited:

Philia

Dec 27, 2020
Oh fuck, oh fuck why did I ever let Samona stay the party leader for too long??

This mod is incredible.

• Red Heart

1d51

May 14, 2022
OH right, and could you remove this option Kepiat has to cure petrification?
Totally forgot she does this after mercying her, I think very few have ever needed to use it in normal Gianna, but it still is an unlimited out-of-jail-for-free-card.

Plus, she sells Soften tomes and Gorgon Braids.
Good catch! Though I'm not sure that I want to remove this. It's not as straightforward as it usually is in this game, and a good reward for defeating her and choosing mercy I think. I'll remove the shop items though, for consistency's sake.

Oh fuck, oh fuck why did I ever let Samona stay the party leader for too long??

This mod is incredible.
Thanks! Hadn't used the Takeover skill before? Lots of content in that one.

Last edited:

Philia

Dec 27, 2020
Good catch! Though I'm not sure that I want to remove this. It's not as straightforward as it usually is in this game, and a good reward for defeating her and choosing mercy I think. I'll remove the shop items though, for consistency's sake.

Thanks! Hadn't used the Takeover skill before? Lots of content in that one.
I only ever mercy Kepiat for the pedestals she sends to my cabin.
But handing out free, unlimited petrification cures by simply talking to her, feels a little bit overkill.

And about the Takeover, well,
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

1d51

May 14, 2022
I only ever mercy Kepiat for the pedestals she sends to my cabin.
But handing out free, unlimited petrification cures by simply talking to her, feels a little bit overkill.
I'll think about Kepiat's free cure. I'd rather not remove it completly, but maybe nerf it.

And about the Takeover, well,
Ah I see what happened, it's probably that Lilina has adquired a skill (affliction) that prevents her from reveling against Samona, while she can still revel against Yterre. For now the Takeover mechanic is mostly for flavor. The practical considerations are that only the current Leader can surrender in battle, and it determines where the party appears after a defeat. In the next version though, it'll be slightly more relevant. Without spoiling things too much: I'll add a game mode where you'll want to protect your Leader in battle.

Philia

Dec 27, 2020
Ah I see what happened, it's probably that Lilina has adquired a skill (affliction) that prevents her from reveling against Samona, while she can still revel against Yterre. For now the Takeover mechanic is mostly for flavor. The practical considerations are that only the current Leader can surrender in battle, and it determines where the party appears after a defeat. In the next version though, it'll be slightly more relevant. Without spoiling things too much: I'll add a game mode where you'll want to protect your Leader in battle.
Ahh I see. Sounds exciting!
Speaking of afflictions, how many interactions are there per affliction that responds to certain enemies? Like Willing Puppet, Horny Trigger, and Shameful? Almost cleared the game now, and the first I've only noticed a few times through the rare puppet encounters (didn't get it before after Samona dungeon).
The latter two afflictions? Never met a single mob or character that's commented on them.

1d51

May 14, 2022
Ahh I see. Sounds exciting!
Yep you're right about the takeover stuff. There are no "long term exposure" consequences right now, but they're feassible.

Speaking of afflictions, how many interactions are there per affliction that responds to certain enemies? Like Willing Puppet, Horny Trigger, and Shameful? Almost cleared the game now, and the first I've only noticed a few times through the rare puppet encounters (didn't get it before after Samona dungeon).
The latter two afflictions? Never met a single mob or character that's commented on them.
I'm not too sure myself! I can tell you about one or two of the top of my head though:

Philia

Dec 27, 2020
Yep you're right about the takeover stuff. There are no "long term exposure" consequences right now, but they're feassible.

I'm not too sure myself! I can tell you about one or two of the top of my head though:
Damn, I wish they'd taunt me more! ^^;

1d51

May 14, 2022
Oh BTW I went ahead and implemented an early version of both cursed chests and equipment. Will be part of the next version!

• Red Heart

The Penguin

Mar 1, 2018
I was wondering, what enemy can trigger the Party Take Over ? Also, can purchased and dropped equipement be cursed ?

1d51

May 14, 2022
I was wondering, what enemy can trigger the Party Take Over ? Also, can purchased and dropped equipement be cursed ?
Right now, no enemies can takeover, but we'll have the first one soon! About cursed equipment, it has not yet been officially released either, and only one piece of equipment in the game will have a chance to be cursed, in the coming version. That item has a chance to be cursed no matter where you get it from, if I did my coding right.

Reactions: The Penguin

sportsfan30

Apr 2, 2019
1d51 Tried out your latest build. I am loving the direction you are going with enemy take overs.

It is an interesting way to handicap the player while keeping it thematic. Can't wait to see how you flesh out this content, hopefully with other enemies.

1d51

May 14, 2022
1d51 Tried out your latest build. I am loving the direction you are going with enemy take overs.

It is an interesting way to handicap the player while keeping it thematic. Can't wait to see how you flesh out this content, hopefully with other enemies.
Thanks! That latest build just released officially too! More enemies coming soon TM.

Reactions: sportsfan30

Z3rraHunt

Mar 7, 2021
Not sure if i should rep it here but if you have slaver as leader and recruit nuan then after fight [because of inspection of collar] in which she died game goes black and it will throw you to game menu.

Gummiel

Jul 16, 2019
Not sure if i should rep it here but if you have slaver as leader and recruit nuan then after fight [because of inspection of collar] in which she died game goes black and it will throw you to game menu.
Considering this is a purely visual mod, that isn't even released yet, no you should not, at least use the main game's thread, though even that in this case wont do much, as Vhiel the creator or the game doesn't like f95 at all. So best bet is to post it on the game's discord server instead Whoops, was thinking of another mod, ignore what I said

Last edited:

sportsfan30

Apr 2, 2019
Yeah i've experienced this bug other times when I had more than four in my team and one of my team wasn't collared. She takes control of four collared members and attacks the remainder. If the ones left are killed it usually triggers RPG Maker to default to the typical game over screen. But if the remaining are collared & controlled it will end the fight correctly.

The problem with multiple characters who are collared but attacked is that they can't be collared again by the controlled party members since the game doesn't fully consider them collared so the remote doesn't work on them. I found that you have to get those members knocked out first before the new member is collared and controlled to end the fight safely.