Mod Giannan Trek (Odyssey of Gianna)

1d51

May 14, 2022
Considering this is a purely visual mod, that isn't even released yet, no you should not, at least use the main game's thread, though even that in this case wont do much, as Vhiel the creator or the game doesn't like f95 at all. So best bet is to post it on the game's discord server instead
The mod is more than just visuals! It's in development, but still playable. Wrong thread?

Yeah i've experienced this bug other times when I had more than four in my team and one of my team wasn't collared. She takes control of four collared members and attacks the remainder. If the ones left are killed it usually triggers RPG Maker to default to the typical game over screen. But if the remaining are collared & controlled it will end the fight correctly.

The problem with multiple characters who are collared but attacked is that they can't be collared again by the controlled party members since the game doesn't fully consider them collared so the remote doesn't work on them. I found that you have to get those members knocked out first before the new member is collared and controlled to end the fight safely.
Damn, I'll look into these bugs.

Gummiel

Jul 16, 2019
The mod is more than just visuals! It's in development, but still playable. Wrong thread?

Damn, I'll look into these bugs.
Ohh whoops, I dunno must have been tired or something, when I posted that, was convinced it was the one with the total overhaul of the graphics to a Koikatsu style xD, sorry about that

Reactions: 1d51

kamina666

Jan 21, 2018
Hello guys i have a problem with the main game downloaded here on f95, trying to open It on joyplay i get this, do you think the mod could fix this?

sokl

Jul 4, 2019
Hey there man, amazing job. When I first fully played the game in its original state, some elements seem to be lacking. For example the ork eggholes. When I first played I couldn't believe that they never made an egghole party member capture, it was such an easy road! And from what I have read in your draft file, beautiful work. The original lacks that "party enslavement/capture" element. Which is weird, because the game like screams that element. It need more things like that party corruption in the demon spire (but in the other themes of course). So yeah, really appreciate your work, keep going at it.

Also while you still here (hopefully), I found a bug or whatever that was. So in the slave market, when someone activates collar on the party member, if you retreat out of battle and go into the character menu and try to see characters (through status, giving potions, etc.), there will be no pictures of party members (of those who were collared) and you wont be able to leave the menu. The game will also give an error something in the lines of: "img/pictures/JylaCol2 can't be loaded" (it can be with any character). I decided to check out the files and discovered that there are no "JylaCol2" in those files. So I guess it's trying to load picture that doesn't exist. So that's the thing.

Sorry for the wall of text, just really like what you're doing with the game, and wanted to help. Also, do something more with orks, like corruption but transformation to ork or something, the ork parts are lacking, a scroll of transformation is not enough, should be a legitimate way to do that in battle or something. That of course if you want to, your mod, not mine.

Reactions: 1d51 and philtwo

1d51

May 14, 2022
Hey there man, amazing job. When I first fully played the game in its original state, some elements seem to be lacking. For example the ork eggholes. When I first played I couldn't believe that they never made an egghole party member capture, it was such an easy road! And from what I have read in your draft file, beautiful work. The original lacks that "party enslavement/capture" element. Which is weird, because the game like screams that element. It need more things like that party corruption in the demon spire (but in the other themes of course). So yeah, really appreciate your work, keep going at it.

Also while you still here (hopefully), I found a bug or whatever that was. So in the slave market, when someone activates collar on the party member, if you retreat out of battle and go into the character menu and try to see characters (through status, giving potions, etc.), there will be no pictures of party members (of those who were collared) and you wont be able to leave the menu. The game will also give an error something in the lines of: "img/pictures/JylaCol2 can't be loaded" (it can be with any character). I decided to check out the files and discovered that there are no "JylaCol2" in those files. So I guess it's trying to load picture that doesn't exist. So that's the thing.

Sorry for the wall of text, just really like what you're doing with the game, and wanted to help. Also, do something more with orks, like corruption but transformation to ork or something, the ork parts are lacking, a scroll of transformation is not enough, should be a legitimate way to do that in battle or something. That of course if you want to, your mod, not mine.
Glad you enjoyed it! Sorry for the late reply, it's been a bussy few months. I recently released a new version of the mod that might fix the issues you reported. Let me know if it helps!

sokl

Jul 4, 2019
Glad you enjoyed it! Sorry for the late reply, it's been a bussy few months. I recently released a new version of the mod that might fix the issues you reported. Let me know if it helps!
Hey there. Everyone has things to do, so I don't expect to anyone to be available or working on something 24/7. But to be honest, I kinda thought that this thing has died down, cuz there is no activity here (in the comments I mean). But I forget that this is a MOD for a not that popular game, so I guess it's to be expected.

Regarding the fixes. I checked and yeah they worked. However, on the first try I still did that same error, but the file was named: "JylaCol2_1" or something like that. But it didn't appear anymore when I tried to replicate it. Guess the system didn't read the files first time or something (I'm no programmer, so I just try to logic this out).

Also I was under the impression that those file were like additional pictures (like characters being collared, but not slaves) and they were just not added, but I guess there were no such pics, bummer.

Anyway, have a good evening/morning or whatever you have where you are. Will be awaiting new updates.

Reactions: kamina666 and 1d51

ilmncsm

Apr 10, 2018
Vhiel is currently working on the first DLC, and there will be more than one (I can't remember off the top of my head if there are three or four DLC planned). Each one will add new zones, new bad ends, and new recruitable party memebers. The plan is to have 16 members by the last DLC.

jimmy_G

Mar 12, 2023
Vhiel is currently working on the first DLC, and there will be more than one (I can't remember off the top of my head if there are three or four DLC planned). Each one will add new zones, new bad ends, and new recruitable party memebers. The plan is to have 16 members by the last DLC.
wow that is really cool

jimmy_G

Mar 12, 2023
mind if i ask were you got this info

ilmncsm

Apr 10, 2018
mind if i ask were you got this info
Vhiel has a discord. As a general warning to anyone who goes over there, Do not bring up f95. Vhiel apparently doesn't like it. I haven't actually seen the reaction, just heard warnings. Please don't piss off the person making an awesome game.

Also there's a fair bit of modding being talked about in the discord. Some crazy madman has even put together a working mod loader that has successfully made a few different mods work together, that wouldn't normally be possible. It's being actively worked on.

Edit: after double checking, said crazy madman is the creator of this mod.

• Hey there
Reactions: 1d51

jimmy_G

Mar 12, 2023
Vhiel has a discord. As a general warning to anyone who goes over there, Do not bring up f95. Vhiel apparently doesn't like it. I haven't actually seen the reaction, just heard warnings. Please don't piss off the person making an awesome game.

Also there's a fair bit of modding being talked about in the discord. Some crazy madman has even put together a working mod loader that has successfully made a few different mods work together, that wouldn't normally be possible. It's being actively worked on.

Edit: after double checking, said crazy madman is the creator of this mod.
can i get a link to the discord

ilmncsm

Apr 10, 2018
can i get a link to the discord
There already is one on the first post. Under "Game Creator". It has links to the Patreon, Discord, Twitter, etc.

Really, you should always check the first post for things before you ask for them. They are often there, and if they aren't run a quick search. It will save you a lot of time.

jimmy_G

Mar 12, 2023
There already is one on the first post. Under "Game Creator". It has links to the Patreon, Discord, Twitter, etc.

Really, you should always check the first post for things before you ask for them. They are often there, and if they aren't run a quick search. It will save you a lot of time.
i did not see that

jimmy_G

Mar 12, 2023
Sure, go ahead! Won't be working on this one any more, but might start a new one when DLC comes out.
will this new mod have some of the cool stuff here like the settings you can set before game like More max level skills Party takeover Toggle options Cursed Equipment Enemy Takeover Bad Dreams as throws are really cool

1d51

May 14, 2022
will this new mod have some of the cool stuff here like the settings you can set before game like More max level skills Party takeover Toggle options Cursed Equipment Enemy Takeover Bad Dreams as throws are really cool
It'll a more streamlined version of this mod. There are many ideas here, but none really developed to their full extent. For the next mod, I'd go for depth before width. It'll likely be several smaller mods actually, making use of the mod loader.

Reactions: philtwo