Mod Giannan Trek (Odyssey of Gianna)

slex989

Jan 16, 2019
1d51 please allow submission to spell spirits! or possibly them taking the place of lilina in battles or something! possession content is nice and your mod allows for lots of fun oppurtunites to keep party members possessed long term, or after battles end~

Reactions: 1d51

jimmy_G

Mar 12, 2023
It'll a more streamlined version of this mod. There are many ideas here, but none really developed to their full extent. For the next mod, I'd go for depth before width. It'll likely be several smaller mods actually, making use of the mod loader.
with this way will it be compatible with Mt.Pleasant Recruitment

kamina666

Jan 21, 2018
Hello, i' Ve played the entire game on Android (3.01), do you think there's a way to integrate the mod without the loader? Like simply replacing stuff in the folders...

1d51

May 14, 2022
1d51 please allow submission to spell spirits! or possibly them taking the place of lilina in battles or something! possession content is nice and your mod allows for lots of fun oppurtunites to keep party members possessed long term, or after battles end~
Dude, this mod is amazing. Hope you will finish it. You are breathtaking. Thanks.
The mod is basically done, if I do create new stuff it'll be a new mod for when the DLC comes out. That being said, there are plans for more enemy takeovers! Just not any time soon.

with this way will it be compatible with Mt.Pleasant Recruitment
Some parts will, others may need a patch. That mod is awesome though, so I'm inclined to build those patches.

Hello, i' Ve played the entire game on Android (3.01), do you think there's a way to integrate the mod without the loader? Like simply replacing stuff in the folders...
Hmm I guess you could install the mod using the loader in your PC, and then grab the game files from there, to use in your phone. What the Mod Loader is doing is basically overwriting the game's files with the mod's content, so once those files are modified, there's nothing left for the loader to do.

jimmy_G

Mar 12, 2023
The mod is basically done, if I do create new stuff it'll be a new mod for when the DLC comes out. That being said, there are plans for more enemy takeovers! Just not any time soon.

Some parts will, others may need a patch. That mod is awesome though, so I'm inclined to build those patches.

Hmm I guess you could install the mod using the loader in your PC, and then grab the game files from there, to use in your phone. What the Mod Loader is doing is basically overwriting the game's files with the mod's content, so once those files are modified, there's nothing left for the loader to do.
cool will enemy takeovers be part of the new mod(s)

NotFBIAgent55

Mar 13, 2018
Hi so I noticed in the mods images a few things for the Hypnotist, but I've yet to find anything new I can do with them. Any Clues? :D

jimmy_G

Mar 12, 2023
A version of it, here are the .
i really need to stop looking at the so i can be surprised win all the mods are out

1d51

May 14, 2022
Yeah kinda spoilery, on the plus (?) side I'm not really sure which of those will actually get done! It might even be something else entirely.

kamina666

Jan 21, 2018

Thanks for the response, but the problem itself Is that i don't have access to a PC, do you know what folders should i try to touch on? (I'll try to dupe out the game)

1d51

May 14, 2022
Thanks for the response, but the problem itself Is that i don't have access to a PC, do you know what folders should i try to touch on? (I'll try to dupe out the game)
Actually now that I think about it, you could just use an older version of the mod. I stopped working on it before it was rebuilt for the Mod Loader, so the contents should be the same:

• Red Heart
Reactions: kamina666

Axis3123

Apr 1, 2020
Oh wow, thanks for this mod man! It adds some spice to some runs I've been experimenting with, mostly just added difficulty stuff.

Anways, just out of curiosity: since you mentioned the mod is "finished" until the DLC comes out, which will add newer stuff in the (hopeful) future, I noticed some bugs that I'm not sure if they have been mentioned yet in the thread, like:

- When surrendering to a slave trader in-battle, some party members not collared/outfitted.

- When battling the slave trader to regain control, the game softlocking and not letting me exit out unless I close the window.

...that, and also adding more enemy takeovers? Pretty please? They're not super in-depth as I expected, but having a bit of a tonal shift, new clothes and gimmicks, etc, is welcome in my book. Especially more mind controlled focused ones, like maybe something with Alisha and/or Haigure, or with the Hypnotists (despite it not getting into fruition), or maybe surrendering to a boss of sorts. Who knows?

...also, what's that Affliction submenu when checking skills? Was that supposed to be like a corruption aspect when taken over by enemies for too long?

Anyways, just spouting here at this point.

Thanks for the mod!

Last edited:
Reactions: 1d51 and kamina666

1d51

May 14, 2022
Oh wow, thanks for this mod man! It adds some spice to some runs I've been experimenting with, mostly just added difficulty stuff.

Anways, just out of curiosity: since you mentioned the mod is "finished" until the DLC comes out, which will add newer stuff in the (hopeful) future, I noticed some bugs that I'm not sure if they have been mentioned yet in the thread, like:

- When surrendering to a slave trader in-battle, some party members not collared/outfitted.

- When battling the slave trader to regain control, the game softlocking and not letting me exit out unless I close the window.

...that, and also adding more enemy takeovers? Pretty please? They're not super in-depth as I expected, but having a bit of a tonal shift, new clothes and gimmicks, etc, is welcome in my book. Especially more mind controlled focused ones, like maybe something with Alisha and/or Haigure, or with the Hypnotists (despite it not getting into fruition), or maybe surrendering to a boss of sorts. Who knows?

...also, what's that Affliction submenu when checking skills? Was that supposed to be like a corruption aspect when taken over by enemies for too long?

Anyways, just spouting here at this point.

Thanks for the mod!
Glad you liked it! The Slave Trader was the last feature to be added, and it wasn't thoroughly tested. There are plans regarding something very much like Takeovers in future mods, there's a link a few posts prior I think. About Afflictions, that's where you'll find your permanent debuffs once you get them!

Reactions: Axis3123

TeckXChaos

Feb 15, 2018
Question, were any enemy takeovers actually implemented? I've tried to provoke one to happen with any and every enemy I can find to no avail. It feels like no content was added to this mode.

Axis3123

Apr 1, 2020
Question, were any enemy takeovers actually implemented? I've tried to provoke one to happen with any and every enemy I can find to no avail. It feels like no content was added to this mode.
So far, the only one I found in the regular story is the one with the slave traders at the Sea Market. There's two ways: Either setting the option for it to happen with the options once you begin a new game (it's the sparkle thing in the first place you're in, inside the castle) and letting Gianna get caught by a Slave Trader in a random battle, or talking to an NPC in the Sea Market and willingly letting her takeover

Like they mentioned before, there were plans to also include a Hypnotist takeover, but was ditched in favor of other things.

• Sad
Reactions: 1d51 and kamina666