4.90 star(s) 28 Votes

Jiuk87

Jul 7, 2022
Hello, do you know why when I transfer files to another version of the game, most of the saves are wrong and only a few are good?

lololtigers

May 10, 2023
Hello, do you know why when I transfer files to another version of the game, most of the saves are wrong and only a few are good?
I'm guessing the dev sometimes changes "behind the scenes" variables or other game features causing the save file to load error-causing information. Generally if the dev isn't going back and fixing old bugs, this wouldn't be a problem. But a game with as many paths as this, I'd be expecting to have to start a new get every new release. The walkthrough and skip feature make short work of any inconveniences.

Florrr

Aug 2, 2021
A potential reason is that the game actually saves stuff in the appdata > roaming > renpy folder, not wherever you extracted the zip. Try copy pasting your saves into that folder

I've been transferring my saves for over a year and never had any problems, when I ran out of save slots I used a folder, and whenever I want to go to that route I exchange them into the real saves folder

I don't know if it matters, but I run the game once before transferring saves

Wolfenzxc

May 16, 2023
i just take my old extracted gg file and put it in the new one i have had no problems at all i can send a clip if you want to understand what i mean

Spontaneous combustion

Jun 7, 2020
Probably due to coding insides changing each update. I don't remember that any switches or variables were removed though. Maybe when new gallery pictures are added, their index changes, so the game gets confused on loading or something like that.

4.90 star(s) 28 Votes