4.90 star(s) 28 Votes

anonymouz3

Jul 1, 2023
Again with this bullshit. Guardians are serving the Queen directly, they are her direct subordinates.
Queen grants a Guardian title, and can take it away at any moment. Just like real kings were granting knighthood to their vassals.
If you can't wrap your head around the concept of subordination, go back to school and learn some common sense.

Edit: I've got an even better idea. Go to your boss, if you have a job, and tell him that he's not your dad and you won't do his bidding anymore. Let's see what happens.
I don't get why you keep insisting the guardians are under her command when multiple characters, including the queen herself, have directly and indirectly stated that this isn't the case like here:
And my power over them is limited, they're independent countries after all and accept my influence just because I'm fair with them.
Unless you can prove that the Queen does actually have direct control over the guardians but simply refuses to use her power for no apparent reason you are simply wrong.

YouShallNotLol

May 6, 2022
I don't get why you keep insisting the guardians are under her command when multiple characters, including the queen herself, have directly and indirectly stated that this isn't the case like here:
And my power over them is limited, they're independent countries after all and accept my influence just because I'm fair with them.
Unless you can prove that the Queen does actually have direct control over the guardians but simply refuses to use her power for no apparent reason you are simply wrong.
You're treating Guardians as if they were there from the beginning and are rulers of their respective kingdoms. Which is absolutely fucking not true.
Guardians were established by the Queen, each guardian was appointed by her directly. They are her creation and her servants.
And the quotes you're providing all explicitly refer to the kingdoms, not the guardians.

Here, I'll even point out the part that you're willingly ignoring:
"And my power over them is limited, they're independent countries after all and accept my influence just because I'm fair with them. "
Also, this quote is a fucking lie told by the Queen. She usurped the power by brute force, kingdoms had no choice but to accept her rule.

Last edited:
  • Thinking Face
Reactions: Chumgum

Florrr

Aug 2, 2021
"I only use such influence to not let things get too unfair, to not let too many lifes get lost."

"too unfair" is undefined, so is "too many lives". Is it 100 lives? some other number? or is it a percentage of the population? I may be biased against monarchy and Orphelith, but gimme something more concrete, something that leaves nothing to misinterpret. If there's nothing like that, then personal bias will of course come up

Spontaneous combustion

Jun 7, 2020
Nah man, literally after finishing WW2, cold war started, and in the 50's alone we had Korean war and vietnan war, and in the 60's we had the Cuba missile crisis, and a lot of fascism in south america financed by the USA
I said relative peace era not because there were no wars after WW2, but because the scale of them was much smaller.
Also "Cold war" and Cuba missle crisis are hardly wars, at least you can't tell how many casualties were caused by them.

Spontaneous combustion

Jun 7, 2020
Yes, it's espionage against the neutral kingdom, that's the surface point.
"But how many other kingdoms are being spied by Timfalme?", other countries will ask, and I doubt they will believe just word proofs.

Sheina herself stated she had full authority to just start smashin' them into paste if she wanted (and does if certain conditions are met) but otherwise she takes those neutral territory criminals and moves them to a Timflame cell where they indeed await Timflame justice.
If I remember correctly, the main reason she just yoinked them from neutral lands was because the crime itself was done in the Timfalme territory, not because it was a Timfalme citizen. And it makes sense. Just imagine how many law enforcement departments must be created to simply have enough men tracking down and capturing criminals outside the borders. Also the fact that it was so easy to find them played at hand. If there were no tracking spell, or they managed to get to Homaspernia, or even sail to another continent, MC would be gone for good.

Spontaneous combustion

Jun 7, 2020
You're treating Guardians as if they were there from the beginning and are rulers of their respective kingdoms. Which is absolutely fucking not true.
Guardians were established by the Queen, each guardian was appointed by her directly. They are her creation and her servants.
And the quotes you're providing all explicitly refer to the kingdoms, not the guardians.

Here, I'll even point out the part that you're willingly ignoring:
"And my power over them is limited, they're independent countries after all and accept my influence just because I'm fair with them. "
Also, this quote is a fucking lie told by the Queen. She usurped the power by brute force, kingdoms had no choice but to accept her rule.
Dude's thinking that guardians are like clones from SW series. "Guardians, exectue order 69" - and bam, every government on every kingdom is nuked. It's not how it works. If Orphelith had total control over guardians, she could just order them to not start wars, which is an obivous bullcrap.

And then Eliette said that she could refuse from an offer to become a guardian, still she decided to just for helping people. Now we contradict the game itself, bruh.

I honestly would like to know where tf do you get these from. There is simply no info to state something like that. We dont know how old other kingdoms are, we don't know in what curcimstances they were when guardian decree went into effect, we don't know the reaction of kingdoms to it. The only thing there is to know is that they accepted it. What if Timfalme was the very first kingdom in Lamidania? How could it usurp the power from kingdoms that did not existed yet? Why do you think kingdoms had no choice? What if simply none of them disagreed, because everyone's interests were respected?
This assumption is nothing more than a theory, and even for a theory, it touches on very little real information from the game.

Last edited:

larkpie

Jan 30, 2021
"But how many other kingdoms are being spied by Timfalme?", other countries will ask, and I doubt they will believe just word proofs.

If I remember correctly, the main reason she just yoinked them from neutral lands was because the crime itself was done in the Timfalme territory, not because it was a Timfalme citizen. And it makes sense. Just imagine how many law enforcement departments must be created to simply have enough men tracking down and capturing criminals outside the borders. Also the fact that it was so easy to find them played at hand. If there were no tracking spell, or they managed to get to Homaspernia, or even sail to another continent, MC would be gone for good.
She manages to find the MC if you forget the tracking spell code word, so you're wrong there- that's the "special condition" that leads her to stompy-stomp with impunity.

"How many other kingdoms are being spied on?"
Probably all of them, like how they're spying on others- that's what Yakuu talks about with Makla, is the information they've collected on Keisema, likely gathered through espionage.
It really feels like you're grasping at straws here to justify... Nothing. Well, doing nothing. If Timflame didn't have the continent's strongest standing army it feels like you'd try saying "oh if Timflame makes its army stronger then other nations will make their armies stronger too!" It's like "...Yeah? No shit pal?"

Spontaneous combustion

Jun 7, 2020
"I only use such influence to not let things get too unfair, to not let too many lifes get lost."

"too unfair" is undefined, so is "too many lives". Is it 100 lives? some other number? or is it a percentage of the population? I may be biased against monarchy and Orphelith, but gimme something more concrete, something that leaves nothing to misinterpret. If there's nothing like that, then personal bias will of course come up
I too am not sure about "too unfair", since wars are usually won by being unfair, but "too many lives" might mean excessive violence and/or civilian involvement. It makes sense at least.

Spontaneous combustion

Jun 7, 2020
She manages to find the MC if you forget the tracking spell code word, so you're wrong there- that's the "special condition" that leads her to stompy-stomp with impunity.
That is because it wasn't too far from the borders. MC manages to get out all by himself on foot, while bleeding. Again, if they didn't stop in that hideout and just kept riding - no chance.

It really feels like you're grasping at straws here to justify... Nothing. Well, doing nothing.
I am trying to justify why Timfalme is not making big political moves. As I said already, nobody knows for sure what any of it might lead to. Also what do you mean by "doing nothing"? Not involving in wars? They do, if it's too unfair. However, there were no chances to see how exactly it is done. Why don't they interfere in every big conflict? There are tons of reasons for it.
Even considering the dominant strength of Timfalme's army, I really am not sure it would be capable to protect every kingdom individually, the power balance is not that outweighed. Not even mentioning logistics and stuff.

If Timflame didn't have the continent's strongest standing army it feels like you'd try saying "oh if Timflame makes its army stronger then other nations will make their armies stronger too!" It's like "...Yeah? No shit pal?"
If Timfalme didn't have the continent's strongest standing army this conversation would not exist. How would we judge actions (or inactions) of the strongest kingdom it wasn't the strongest?

Spontaneous combustion

Jun 7, 2020
do you guys think croxielle is meeting with yakuu to talk about the war. because dont they have declare war and then be approved by the queen(also i forgor the name of the law is it queen decree or guardians decree think it was one of them)
Probably not, I think it's too early for that.

Spontaneous combustion

Jun 7, 2020
With all due respect, I believe it's pointless in arguing with YouShallNotLol. I really don't like to spread gossips, but trust me, after arguing with this person like 3 or 4 times (which resulted me being blocked by them btw) and now for the 5th time looking at their figments you are currently trying to parry, I believe that there is no point in even doing so.
Of course there is nothing wrong in thinking what could unshown parts of game lore look like, but this person keeps concocting silly theories in their head, and then just believeing in those so much, that accepting different opinion becomes impossible, up to simply defying the game events. At this point it looks like YouShallNotLol knows even more than game devs themselves.

Spontaneous combustion

Jun 7, 2020
Haven't you been listening? Most of us are griping that the kingdom has loads of problems because she just sits on her ass.
I don't think that if she starts jumping or running around, much problems will be solved.
You can't just say "no wars" to stop wars. By trying to stop wars with force you will just start another one.

Chumgum

Aug 28, 2022
I don't think that if she starts jumping or running around, much problems will be solved.
You can't just say "no wars" to stop wars. By trying to stop wars with force you will just start another one.
Shouldn't she at least outlaw slavery in hell kingdom?

Tell Naya to stop faffing about in other territories while eating people?

Maybe help out with heaven kingdom plummeting when we don't know where it'll land, it could end up in the center of a populated area for all we know? Just imagine going through your day and all of Hawaii just drops on your head.

It's not just wars that are the problem here. She could still pitch in through other ways.

anonymouz3

Jul 1, 2023

Here, I'll even point out the part that you willingly ignoring:
The guardians are either the rulers themselves or giantesses with a significant amount of influence over their kingdom. This becomes painfully obvious when you consider that Naya is a guardian despite the fact that her shenanigans are ruining relations between Lycalis and Viridice.
With all due respect, I believe it's pointless in arguing with YouShallNotLol. I really don't like to spread gossips, but trust me, after arguing with this person like 3 or 4 times (which resulted me being blocked by them btw) and now for the 5th time looking at their figments you are currently trying to parry, I believe that there is no point in even doing so.
Of course there is nothing wrong in thinking what could unshown parts of game lore look like, but this person keeps concocting silly theories in their head, and then just believeing in those so much, that accepting different opinion becomes impossible, up to simply defying the game events. At this point it looks like YouShallNotLol knows even more than game devs themselves.
I just want to know what he, and other people in general, bases his arguments on. GG is a big game with many routes, it's easy to overlook things.

Maybe help out with heaven kingdom plummeting when we don't know where it'll land, it could end up in the center of a populated area for all we know? Just imagine going through your day and all of Hawaii just drops on your head.

It's not just wars that are the problem here. She could still pitch in through other ways.
-The question is, how would they enforce it? Slavery seems to be ingrained in homaspernian culture, banning it is meaningless if it's not enforced because homaspernians will simply ignore the law.
-Naya is not fit to be a guardian, I have no clue what the Queen was thinking there. Though I will play devil's advocate for a bit and say that things wouldn't be nearly so heated if it wasn't for an unknown third party actively sabotaging relations between Lycalis and Viridice.
-The other kingdoms might start to think Timfalme unfairly favors Keisiema if she helps them out too much. One of the main reason why the other kingdoms respect the guardian decree is because of how neutral and impartial the Queen is. She has sent Sheina to Keisiema before though so maybe she is helping out at least a little bit? It's also possible that Keisiema doesn't fly over the other kingdoms in order to avoid any incidents.

Digteren

Nov 1, 2020
I like to think Naya was made a guardian to give her a chance to rise to the occasion. I still think there's room for that. In the bit we've just seen she's still displaying very bad impulse control, but now is the time for her to display some maturity and go through the steps of deescalating the situation.

Also it upsets me greatly when people start slinging mud in here because it's so great that we can get into these "muh international politics" discussions about this VN. Like Giant Guardians is so Goddamn good.

Spontaneous combustion

Jun 7, 2020
Slavery is already an essential social and economic part of that kingdom. You can't just forbid it without consequences, not to mention, that the most powerfull layer of the population will not be happy about it.

Fair point, but whats also fair is that even if Madea's words didn't stop Naya, then how could queen's do? Naya reflect the free spirit of Lycalians, her people, that's why I think she can't just stop, adding to that her lack of education and general childness.

There goes Hawaii, there there there goes Hawaii. Oh, there goes Hawaii, the island is gone.

I don't think that anyone outside of Keisiema knows about that, except for Homaspernia guardians and some other giantesses.

What's most important about those 3, is that these decisions are still outside of Orphelith's authority.

Spontaneous combustion

Jun 7, 2020
Also it upsets me greatly when people start slinging mud in here because it's so great that we can get into these "muh international politics" discussions about this VN. Like Giant Guardians is so Goddamn good.
Still, that's how it works sadly. Right when one of the sides start declining any others, the discussion turns into a "mud slinging". When a person falls so deeply in love with their own thoughts, that even the fact that someone thinks differently make them feel as unprotected as forcing others to believe their "truth", things get ugly, especially if these theories are ignoring or simply contradicting the actual game lore.

Spontaneous combustion

Jun 7, 2020
I just want to know what he, and other people in general, bases his arguments on. GG is a big game with many routes, it's easy to overlook things.
Most of the people here take info from the game, and then theorise using logic, common sense or historical similarities.
YouShallNotLol picks 30% of the game info, trashes 15% of what was taken, and fills the gap with own thoughts, which usually contradict the game itself.
That's why Kendra is a fashist, guardians are loyal dogs of the Queen and the Queen only, the Queen united every kingdom with brute force, Maryen should purposely ignore her eye problem, and other nonsense.

Oh, and if you disagree with any of these - you are a... Let me get a quote list:
"Fashist"
"Silly Buffoon"
"Virgin" (while YouShallNotLol is a Chad)
"Raging monkey, that belongs in a zoo"
"Delusional"
And, most importantly, "Didn't play a game" (I wonder sometimes if is it even GG they're talking about).

Digteren

Nov 1, 2020
Do people think the corruption that the mergiantesses mention and that has corrupted snail girl is homaspernia shenanigans or will there soon be a greater evil for everyone to worry about than these conflicts between the kingdoms?

4.90 star(s) 28 Votes