4.90 star(s) 28 Votes

Spontaneous combustion

Jun 7, 2020
"unified" the continent by using brute force.
Every kingdom has their own laws, own government structure (matriarchs, the elders, kings), probably own currency and rights to live their own way, even if it leads to a war. That's the most opposite of "unified by brute force" there could ever be. Seriously, the only Timfalme rule that applies to every kingdom is "Do not eradicate each other completely pls", which includes having only 2 guardians.

Reactions: anonymouz3

Spontaneous combustion

Jun 7, 2020
I'm not saying she's perfect, because she aint- I'm not even saying I like her, because I don't- but what I am saying is that it's easy to criticize and say "do better", but ultimately that's a nothing statement because it says nothing, it contributes nothing.
Finnaly, a shining light in this world of darkness.
The amount of people who think that politics are easy is actually scary.

On paper this doesn't sound like much, but that's where politics come in- now suddenly, if a giantess attacks, Timflame can claim that their citizen was assaulted and can legally take action against the offending giantess.
And then Homaspernia accuses Timfalme in espionage, the public is becoming paranoid about this, and as a result, the old problem will not go away, but a new one will appear. Timfalme might be the strongest, but they're not all-powerfull, and getting such a political leverage against themselves will surely become quite of a nuisance.
Or another situation: ambassador gets killed by bandits that live in neutral town. Then what? Judge murderers by Timfalme's law? On a neutral territory, that has no authority? Sounds like an obivous law imposition.

In politics even the most accurate and safe move might lead to an incalculable number of possible outcomes, that's why sometimes it's better to not do anything at all.

Last edited:

Spontaneous combustion

Jun 7, 2020
It's like she went to the sandbox, told all the other kids to play fair, and when they started fighting again she does nothing.
If only it was as easy as sandbox with kids playing.
If Timfalme will force peace between two nations with their own army:
1) They will loose their men, and loosing life for an abstract goal of "retaining peace between other nations I don't belong to and not really care" doesn't sound very inspiring if you ask me.
2) They will get themselves at least 1 enemy, because in wars there are always "proud defenders" and "militant attackers". One or even both of them will blame you for defending the agressors.
3) Their actions will look biased for other kingdoms. Imagine if, for example, Timfalme would first help Keisiema against Homaspernia, and then Viridice against Lycalis. Lycalians and Homaspernians will start thinking that "big brother" (or in this case "big sister") is definitely not on their side, so why not unite to fight back?

That's why Timfalme only involve when the reason to help is as clear and fair as possible, like complete defenselessness of one of the sides, which still not fix some of the problems I mentioned though.

Misfit scout

Feb 16, 2023
The "presently no wars" part is quite literally a "calm before the storm" type of situation. Like the couple decades of peace between WW1 and WW2.
And to point out - these rules don't work. Wars did happen in the past, during Queen's rule, and are going to keep happening in the future.
Dunno man, there's no suck thing in "calm before the storm"

Between WW1 and 2, there were some crazy wars/events

Before WW2, we had USSR killing Ukrainians, Spanish civil war,and Germany black mailing other countries, and Japan conflict between their empire and china's empire (alright, no need to say everything "history teacher")

Using this example, a thing we can say, it's that it never has a calm before the storm, there is a fake sensation o peace, the two kingdoms were doomed to be in war the exact moment they made a forced peace agreement. Every bullshit that happened during this peace, was just a fuel to a worst war.

Sadly, the game didn't explored this very well (principally because the war didn't even happened yet)

YouShallNotLol

May 6, 2022

Before WW2, we had USSR killing Ukrainians, Spanish civil war,and Germany black mailing other countries, and Japan conflict between their empire and china's empire (alright, no need to say everything "history teacher")

Using this example, a thing we can say, it's that it never has a calm before the storm, there is a fake sensation o peace, the two kingdoms were doomed to be in war the exact moment they made a forced peace agreement. Every bullshit that happened during this peace, was just a fuel to a worst war.

Sadly, the game didn't explored this very well (principally because the war didn't even happened yet)
The things you pointed out aren't exactly disproving my argument.
Lycalis and Viridice do have border skirmishes, even tho the war isn't declared yet. Homaspernia is preparing to invade Keisiema, even getting their guardian to meet with Timfalme's princess in secret - to discuss some shady business.
Not to mention that incursions into neutral territories from some kingdoms is an everyday occurrence.

Misfit scout

Feb 16, 2023
The things you pointed out aren't exactly disproving my argument.
Lycalis and Viridice do have border skirmishes, even tho the war isn't declared yet. Homaspernia is preparing to invade Keisiema, even getting their guardian to meet with Timfalme's princess in secret - to discuss some shady business.
Not to mention that incursions into neutral territories from some kingdoms is an everyday occurrence.
Yeah, I didn't really disagree with you, my point is more to add something rather than to deny yours

Reactions: YouShallNotLol

Spontaneous combustion

Jun 7, 2020

I'm not a historian, but I can say that period between WW1 and WW2 was not a "calm before the storm". Germany being totally destroyed by peace agreement (Treaty of Versailles), Russian Empire was falling apart, then The Soviet-Finnish War. Rise of radical political movements in countries. Not the calmest time. The end of WW2, however, marked a short era of relative peace. Kind of obivous, nobody would like to repeat after 26,6 millions of deaths worldwide.

USSR killing Ukrainians
Wasn't Ukrainian SSR a part of USSR? USSR was killing itself? What?

Florrr

Aug 2, 2021
It's more of a confederacy she's running- and just in case, no, a confederacy isn't a government that supports slavery (necessarily) it's a nation with a weak central government, with its states or districts given greater autonomy to rule themselves. I think it's pretty evident that there will be a reveal on her or another route saying that she probably did have a heavier hand in the past, and it led to some catastrophe- the writers are pretty good about justifying character behaviors.
That all said, you're still just saying "do better" which is still worthless, like what would you do? What would you do to get everyone on the continent to hold hands and sing kumbaya and all play getalong games like the Teletubbies?
How about the equivalent of the geneva convention? Or a court of some kind? Like, if Lycanis and Veridice went to such court and said "we don't wanna fight each other but the other side is sabotaging us" that'll at least let them know that something's up as both don't want to fight and yet are making actions that will lead to it

Reactions: maroder

Misfit scout

Feb 16, 2023
Yes? Did you never hear of the Holodomor or are you implying repressive regimes are incapable of killing their own citizens?
Im actually pretty sure that between 1931-33, Ukraine wasn't really part of the USSR, as they didn't want to, but because of the Holodomor, they needed to give up their will against Stalin, so they just accepted his demands

Misfit scout

Feb 16, 2023
I'm not a historian, but I can say that period between WW1 and WW2 was not a "calm before the storm". Germany being totally destroyed by peace agreement (Treaty of Versailles), Russian Empire was falling apart, then The Soviet-Finnish War. Rise of radical political movements in countries. Not the calmest time. The end of WW2, however, marked a short era of relative peace. Kind of obivous, nobody would like to repeat after 26,6 millions of deaths worldwide.

Wasn't Ukrainian SSR a part of USSR? USSR was killing itself? What?
Nah man, literally after finishing WW2, cold war started, and in the 50's alone we had Korean war and vietnan war, and in the 60's we had the Cuba missile crisis, and a lot of fascism in south america financed by the USA

4.90 star(s) 28 Votes