4.90 star(s) 29 Votes
Jul 12, 2021
Neurotic flailing spoiling textwall time!

Everyone in this has their negatives and positives so, I wouldn't say anyone is completely "good". However, the Homasperna residents definitely can be more "evil" within reason. They are demons and dietys after all so it makes sense, it's genetic for them. Some at least show threads of reasoning to violent action, though its encouraged by basic pleasure. Also, note Margaretta kidnaps you, Maryen loves you to death, Eliette constantly almost crushes you on accident, Regina can get really bloodthirsty aggressive etc.

For me it's more the mind of the character before, during, and after their actions. Are they rational in what they do and do they listen to logic? Do they kill from a need, for sadistic pleasure like Nyx, for entertainment like Naya? Why? Framing this process in Pyeka's case, she likes to hunt, she's very powerful, and she was a ruler.

The whole cult thing is pretty messed up but she's the idol. Yes, she actively has a role in their demise but, I place more blame on the cult leader than the "tool". They are willing too so it's remotely better than if it was forced by her if that counts might be jumping the gun here though. That's just the world they live in. Lets not forget all the guardians like growing, smothering tinies, crushing stuff etc. Most of them have more than free reign and plenty reason (genetically) to do that stuff to everyone. But they have a somewhat functional society in spite of. Considering most of Hell kingdom, Pyeka's portion may be the best thus far cept for maybe Roxie and the goblins.

Pyeka also did mention how she was revered for protecting her followers hence the remains of her following, them offering tributes, and following her in gratitude etc. So, comparing her to Naya you'd be more likely to survive with Pya just because she does think and has led. But, neither scenario is ideal as being subject to living in hell kingdom at the bottom of the chain would be traumatic, especially with a cute twisted fatty snek.

TLDR:It's a pick your poison deal with everyone just a higher Vol in Hell kingdom or w/Naya.
Your arguments were well thought out, but I have to disagree with the fact that these behaviours are genetic...
There are at least 3 examples of giantesses through the game that lack these traits: The queen, the princess and Madea
The queen, as aloof as she is, treats the MC like any subject;
The princess is a laidback well-meaning rule breaker that treats the MC respectfully, more or less;
Madea, despite coming from Lycalis, treats the MC like a genuine person, shows him their traditions, provides rations, company shelter, worry's about his safety, and all of these without coming across as over-bearing, patronizing or smothering

Reactions: Sen_Temp

zarqupang

Forum Fanatic
Nov 2, 2017
well what i see is the wold to day there are good giants and bad but then there are all the same mind set as humans. i should say same mentaliaty, the other problem i have is finding the paths to other peoples routs

ELSCHNY

Jun 20, 2020
Your arguments were well thought out, but I have to disagree with the fact that these behaviours are genetic...
There are at least 3 examples of giantesses through the game that lack these traits: The queen, the princess and Madea
The queen, as aloof as she is, treats the MC like any subject;
The princess is a laidback well-meaning rule breaker that treats the MC respectfully, more or less;
Madea, despite coming from Lycalis, treats the MC like a genuine person, shows him their traditions, provides rations, company shelter, worry's about his safety, and all of these without coming across as over-bearing, patronizing or smothering
I also agree with you, it's not a genetic thing, for example he said that Regina can get really bloodthirsty but that happen only 1 time and it was because the MC was kidnapped and she went to rescue him (I know that if you escape by yourself she goes and crush the guys, except for the leader, but she only did that because well they were criminals and if she let they alone they will continue to do things like that and I don't think put them in prison will change anything). You want another example? Fine, is true that Margarita take you with her without a second thought but she said that she send a letter to Regina to let her know that you will stay with her (here you could said that she simply can lie in the letter and obviously you can't fight against her to escape, but Regina knows Margarita and she knows she would never do something like that), she is very nice and gentle and it's impossible that she hurts the MC and it's not like she imprison him to secure he can't escape. She only wants to live her life with her lover by her side.

zarqupang

Forum Fanatic
Nov 2, 2017
well regina hates fighting but then se does get realy andry about people killing inacent people also i only rember them talking about here anger agaimst one kingdom if i rember right. also hellsperna is the kingdom of hell lol every giant there has an aginda.

Jul 12, 2021
I also agree with you, it's not a genetic thing, for example he said that Regina can get really bloodthirsty but that happen only 1 time and it was because the MC was kidnapped and she went to rescue him (I know that if you escape by yourself she goes and crush the guys, except for the leader, but she only did that because well they were criminals and if she let they alone they will continue to do things like that and I don't think put them in prison will change anything). You want another example? Fine, is true that Margarita take you with her without a second thought but she said that she send a letter to Regina to let her know that you will stay with her (here you could said that she simply can lie in the letter and obviously you can't fight against her to escape, but Regina knows Margarita and she knows she would never do something like that), she is very nice and gentle and it's impossible that she hurts the MC and it's not like she imprison him to secure he can't escape. She only wants to live her life with her lover by her side.
That is Sheina by the way, not Regina....Sheina teases the MC constantly during their journey, and her decision to crush those bandits if the MC killed comes across as manipulation of the system and its laws to make sure her partner goes free, just judgments be damned
Regina on the other hand shows a sustained bloodlust and hatred for bandits and those who destroy relics, from her decision to crush the house, to her complete slaughter of them in the village to her threat to Naya....

ELSCHNY

Jun 20, 2020
Oh shit you're right sorry that was a mental breakdown I had there, but I still defend what I said, Regina is very kind and said that she values life over everything else, she did that only to defend her kingdom, she also said that she hates when she need to fight and kill. And about the house in the middle of the forest, I don't see any harm in what she did, she only destroy an empty house that bandits use as a lair.

Jul 12, 2021
Oh shit you're right sorry that was a mental breakdown I had there, but I still defend what I said, Regina is very kind and said that she values life over everything else, she did that only to defend her kingdom, she also said that she hates when she need to fight and kill. And about the house in the middle of the forest, I don't see any harm in what she did, she only destroy an empty house that bandits use as a lair.
Oh i am sorry...I hope you're feeling better

Reactions: ELSCHNY
Oct 14, 2017
That is Sheina by the way, not Regina....Sheina teases the MC constantly during their journey, and her decision to crush those bandits if the MC killed comes across as manipulation of the system and its laws to make sure her partner goes free, just judgments be damned
Regina on the other hand shows a sustained bloodlust and hatred for bandits and those who destroy relics, from her decision to crush the house, to her complete slaughter of them in the village to her threat to Naya....
Doesn't Sheina give them a chance at a trial tho? And Regina's actions are at least somewhat justified imo. Though she probably should've at least tried listening to what Naya had to say.

Jul 12, 2021
Doesn't Sheina give them a chance at a trial tho? And Regina's actions are at least somewhat justified imo. Though she probably should've at least tried listening to what Naya had to say.
In the first case, we have to consider the circumstances that happen:
If the MC uses the call-sign, Sheina gives them a chance at a trial yes, but the fact is she is accompanied by soldiers who are loyal to the Queen, whom she cannot disuade or convince to act otherwise
If the MC escaped on his own, Sheina is alone and so does not bother sparing any of them except the leader(whom she can blame freely without consequences)
In the second case, as much as I like Regina as a character, it is made clear through the narration that her hatred is a consistent character flaw:
-Despite being stronger than Diula, she does not bother restraining the raiders and goes straight to killing them, wasting time instead of trying to help any survivors which can put the MC in mortal danger(Something she remarks herself)
-She terrifies, tortures and brutalizes a scout she found in the forest without really giving him the chance to come clean or surrender
-Her unwillingness to listen to Naya despite her protests of relative innocence almost leads to battle and makes the diplomatic situation between the two kingdoms extremely precarious

Oct 14, 2017
In the first case, we have to consider the circumstances that happen:
If the MC uses the call-sign, Sheina gives them a chance at a trial yes, but the fact is she is accompanied by soldiers who are loyal to the Queen, whom she cannot disuade or convince to act otherwise
If the MC escaped on his own, Sheina is alone and so does not bother sparing any of them except the leader(whom she can blame freely without consequences)
In the second case, as much as I like Regina as a character, it is made clear through the narration that her hatred is a consistent character flaw:
-Despite being stronger than Diula, she does not bother restraining the raiders and goes straight to killing them, wasting time instead of trying to help any survivors which can put the MC in mortal danger(Something she remarks herself)
-She terrifies, tortures and brutalizes a scout she found in the forest without really giving him the chance to come clean or surrender
-Her unwillingness to listen to Naya despite her protests of relative innocence almost leads to battle and makes the diplomatic situation between the two kingdoms extremely precarious
Ok i went back and i see what u mean about Shiena, but to be fair she says people from Neutral territory aren't protected by the laws. As for Regina, she did send for people to help them and idk if restraining the raiders would necessarily be much faster. Bringing Mc might've been a mistake especially since he could've helped ppl instead , but he saves a woman so it worked out. And she gave the scout a chance but he told another lie. I agree that she does lose her temper tho and about Naya.

Draupnir7

Sep 3, 2020
Regina losing her temper over Naya and the raiders was pretty warranted.
The reason for the raiders was pretty self-explanatory. That one survivor the MC found was hiding her own presence from the raiders with a necklace, which was why Regina also couldn't sense her. Maybe there were a handful of other survivors still in town at best, maybe the woman was the last one. Searching for survivors while the assaulting force is right there is missing the forest for the trees. A good few magic-wielding giantesses seem to have some sort of sixth sense for life, so if she didn't sense them, they're most likely not there. (or they have one of those necklaces)
In addition to breaking the relic (she said she stepped on it by accident), Naya has done loads to sour relations between the two kingdoms, pissing off everyone around her, including her partner Guardian. Madea has earned Regina's respect because she's trying hard to keep the peace, which means trying to keep her kingdom's own rowdy citizens in check, something Naya almost completely refuses to help with. That means that every time Madea and Regina have to meet (likely for something Naya did) Madea seems more and more at her wit's end. Regina not wanting to hear her out is something she did to herself.

Reactions: Chivalry/Honor

zarqupang

Forum Fanatic
Nov 2, 2017
well like i said i don't now naya's story but from what i seen she was waiting for those who kill villagers and they said regina was not suppost to be there.

Jul 12, 2021
Regina losing her temper over Naya and the raiders was pretty warranted.
The reason for the raiders was pretty self-explanatory. That one survivor the MC found was hiding her own presence from the raiders with a necklace, which was why Regina also couldn't sense her. Maybe there were a handful of other survivors still in town at best, maybe the woman was the last one. Searching for survivors while the assaulting force is right there is missing the forest for the trees. A good few magic-wielding giantesses seem to have some sort of sixth sense for life, so if she didn't sense them, they're most likely not there. (or they have one of those necklaces)
In addition to breaking the relic (she said she stepped on it by accident), Naya has done loads to sour relations between the two kingdoms, pissing off everyone around her, including her partner Guardian. Madea has earned Regina's respect because she's trying hard to keep the peace, which means trying to keep her kingdom's own rowdy citizens in check, something Naya almost completely refuses to help with. That means that every time Madea and Regina have to meet (likely for something Naya did) Madea seems more and more at her wit's end. Regina not wanting to hear her out is something she did to herself.
-Regina has quite a few understandable reasons, but it was still a dangerous call
-I agree with you wholeheartedly about dealing with the assaulting force but if Diula managed to subdue an entire field of poachers with vines, I presume Regina could do it too
-On another note if she did not find that solitary scout later, her wholesale slaughter of the raid would have left her with no information whatsoever
-Naya is an absolute moron, no doubt and she provoked Regina's anger with her antics, but this time she was attempting to do her job while explaining what happened

4.90 star(s) 29 Votes