Unity Completed GIL ~ Giant Insect Research Institute ~ [Final] [Yes page]

2.60 star(s) 5 Votes

-MK-

Aug 24, 2020
Still very much in the beginning of being something. Been working on the interaction system which is kind of taking form now. Pressing E now actually does shit. Everything takes more time since i still need to get the hang of things within Unity. Havent started animating yet so that is also a thing.

Anyways, if there is some interest here I guess I can put some updates from time to time in this thread. To be honest I cannot create models on my own so evrything I use are assets I bought/found on the interwebs.

Imported another variant of the player model and found a spider asset which I also got working with walking animations and such. Still needs a lot of scripting to get the spider model to actually do walking aka basic AI. Currently finishing the interaction window (last screenshot)

If i ever come at a stage where I have succesfully implemented some UI elements and a working enemy with H-Animation I might put up a prototype build to get some feedback etc..

And like always, no high hopes.

View attachment 2919075 View attachment 2919078 View attachment 2919081 View attachment 2919083
bro
highest hopes!
make your own thread so we can follow it!
bestest game evar! (just haven't made it yet)

Chaiba

May 1, 2018
bro
highest hopes!
make your own thread so we can follow it!
bestest game evar! (just haven't made it yet)
Thanks for the motivating words!
Last couple of months I did not put much effort into the project because I am currently switching jobs. The interaction system is kind of finished and I also added the first UI elements to show info and tekst to the player. When I was fiddling around with the blendshapes I added eye blinking.

Found some free sounds assets on the web which I will import soon (tm). Goal is to have some sort of "prototype" playable end of this year/januari. This prototype will not have any H-Animations but just the basic mechanics such as:
  • Basic movement animations and default movement controls.
  • A test level with models to showcase (no h-stuff) and environmental sounds.
  • Basic UI with player stats such as stamina, health, arousal with the needed logic.
  • One enemy that is roaming the dungeon (basic AI) that will attack the player.
Whenever I managed (if ever) an actual playable prototype with some H-Animations i'll consider opening a thread on F95 to get feedback and input!

But you know... no high hopes ;)

Reactions: gzzsix and Mindrem
Nov 6, 2022
Thanks for the motivating words!
Last couple of months I did not put much effort into the project because I am currently switching jobs. The interaction system is kind of finished and I also added the first UI elements to show info and tekst to the player. When I was fiddling around with the blendshapes I added eye blinking.

Found some free sounds assets on the web which I will import soon (tm). Goal is to have some sort of "prototype" playable end of this year/januari. This prototype will not have any H-Animations but just the basic mechanics such as:
  • Basic movement animations and default movement controls.
  • A test level with models to showcase (no h-stuff) and environmental sounds.
  • Basic UI with player stats such as stamina, health, arousal with the needed logic.
  • One enemy that is roaming the dungeon (basic AI) that will attack the player.
Whenever I managed (if ever) an actual playable prototype with some H-Animations i'll consider opening a thread on F95 to get feedback and input!

But you know... no high hopes ;)
im now working on Unreal engine if thats what you are using since im fairly new to it i wont be of much help but i can certainly learn from you

Chaiba

May 1, 2018
Kind-off finished the interaction system which will be used to read "things" and open doors etc...
Next up is setting up the books to they actually have some information.

Also thought of a name and i was thinking about "Dreamcrawl Insecta's Labyrinth (DIL)" as a nod to GIL. Currently there is not much to show besides the very basics. For anyone interested to have a look to a very bare boness prototype version:

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

im now working on Unreal engine if thats what you are using since im fairly new to it i wont be of much help but i can certainly learn from you
Currently doing this project in Unity. Are you also working on something?

1700748444063.png

Last edited:
Nov 6, 2022
Kind-off finished the interaction system which will be used to read "things" and open doors etc...

Also thought of a name and i was thinking about "Dreamcrawl Insecta's Labyrinth (DIL)" as a nod to GIL. Currently there is not much to show besides the very basics. For anyone interested to have a look to a very bare boness prototype version:

View attachment 3111553
another way to exit game is alt tab and hover over icon in taskbar and click on the x at the top right of it

Reactions: Chaiba
Nov 6, 2022
i like the first start of the dungeon, you just gotta watch out for those walls being misplaced thats what i find the most annoying when i make my demos i cant wait for future updates especially enemys also scenes i cant wait to see one when the time comes for it.

remind me was this made in Unreal?

-MK-

Aug 24, 2020

View attachment 3111553
I'm liking your models so far. the movement is smooth. really gives me hope for future instalments. the highest hopes. as always.

Chaiba

May 1, 2018
Pretty slow to be honest. Currently in between jobs and I am fiddling around with blender and the models to get into animating. Current goal is to get a somewhat decent animation, try to import it into the unity project and trigger it ingame on some code when something happends.

How about you? You were also working on something right?

Nov 6, 2022
Pretty slow to be honest. Currently in between jobs and I am fiddling around with blender and the models to get into animating. Current goal is to get a somewhat decent animation, try to import it into the unity project and trigger it ingame on some code when something happends.

How about you? You were also working on something right?
Had to pause progress haven't learnt much animation yet but I'm researching

Mindrem

Apr 12, 2023

View attachment 3111553
It looks good so far! I know a lot of people find the appeal of GIRI to be the pregnancy system, any plans on doing something similar or at least some inflation? I know it's definitely a bit harder to add bellies to things but I was just curious. Regardless I wish you luck :)

Mindrem

Apr 12, 2023
are there any other games like this one? Aside from Breed Lab and Secret Survey
I don't know a lot of games like these but Path of the Pixie is pretty much all insects and has a pregnancy system. Although the combat is a little weird and the instructions are unclear, it's a decent game.
Also thank you for sharing these, any 3d game with pregnancy or any sort of belly expansion is one I will 1000% play

Reactions: Chaiba and sadge0
2.60 star(s) 5 Votes