Unity Completed GIL ~ Giant Insect Research Institute ~ [Final] [Yes page]

2.60 star(s) 5 Votes

HardcoreCuddler

Engaged Member
Aug 4, 2020
where's the generator
it was hidden in what I remember to be some corridor with the generator just hanging out in an indent in the wall, it's the size of a car. I don't remember it being elevated up nor down, it's on the same level as usual. It's either in the middle of the map or way aat the back of it (from the perspective of you entering the area)

Reactions: D-Boy22

Chaiba

May 1, 2018
1693317409828.png

Currently working out some assets and giving a go on implementing the main controlls and mechanics, such as interaction.
Made a small demo level (dungeon~ish).

After the interactions with objects work i will give a go at importing the first enemy model and give that some scripts so it can move around and such. Again, no high hopes.

Last edited:
Nov 6, 2022
View attachment 2887628

Currently working out some assets and giving a go on implementing the main controlls and mechanics, such as interaction.
Made a small demo level (dungeon~ish).

After the interactions with objects work i will give a go at importing the first enemy model and give that some scripts so it can move around and such. Again, no high hopes.
good luck i do have high hopes because i think gil has to little content so a sort of spin off or game based around what it currently is would be fun and intresting.

Reactions: Kpacc and Chaiba

Chaiba

May 1, 2018
To be honest i am currently just slapping random assets together in an attempt to make some foundation for the basic mechanics. Getting the basic "press E to interact" and a enemy model moving will be the first milestone. The level design is just the fun and easy part.
I think i will go with a medieval dungeon vibe since there are some very nice and fairly low cost assets available. So yeah, no high hopes.

Edit: Finally figured out how to use the blendshapes on the character model.

1693384216169.png 1693384233966.png 1693384263802.png

Last edited:
Nov 6, 2022
To be honest i am currently just slapping random assets together in an attempt to make some foundation for the basic mechanics. Getting the basic "press E to interact" and a enemy model moving will be the first milestone. The level design is just the fun and easy part.
I think i will go with a medieval dungeon vibe since there are some very nice and fairly low cost assets available. So yeah, no high hopes.

View attachment 2889523 View attachment 2889524 View attachment 2889525
looking good so far

Anonwolf94

Aug 27, 2022

View attachment 2889523 View attachment 2889524 View attachment 2889525
Very nice

Chaiba

May 1, 2018
Still very much in the beginning of being something. Been working on the interaction system which is kind of taking form now. Pressing E now actually does shit. Everything takes more time since i still need to get the hang of things within Unity. Havent started animating yet so that is also a thing.

Anyways, if there is some interest here I guess I can put some updates from time to time in this thread. To be honest I cannot create models on my own so evrything I use are assets I bought/found on the interwebs.

Imported another variant of the player model and found a spider asset which I also got working with walking animations and such. Still needs a lot of scripting to get the spider model to actually do walking aka basic AI. Currently finishing the interaction window (last screenshot)

If i ever come at a stage where I have succesfully implemented some UI elements and a working enemy with H-Animation I might put up a prototype build to get some feedback etc..

And like always, no high hopes.

1694364292740.png 1694364392851.png 1694364428055.png 1694364457288.png

RealF

Dec 1, 2021
Still very much in the beginning of being something. Been working on the interaction system which is kind of taking form now. Pressing E now actually does shit. Everything takes more time since i still need to get the hang of things within Unity. Havent started animating yet so that is also a thing.

Anyways, if there is some interest here I guess I can put some updates from time to time in this thread. To be honest I cannot create models on my own so evrything I use are assets I bought/found on the interwebs.

Imported another variant of the player model and found a spider asset which I also got working with walking animations and such. Still needs a lot of scripting to get the spider model to actually do walking aka basic AI. Currently finishing the interaction window (last screenshot)

If i ever come at a stage where I have succesfully implemented some UI elements and a working enemy with H-Animation I might put up a prototype build to get some feedback etc..

View attachment 2919075 View attachment 2919078 View attachment 2919081 View attachment 2919083
Love everything you've done except the spiders(hate 'em)

Keep it up tho!

SAM s-300

Aug 4, 2017

View attachment 2919075 View attachment 2919078 View attachment 2919081 View attachment 2919083
Plan on letting us see other victims being used?

Chaiba

May 1, 2018
Love everything you've done except the spiders(hate 'em)

Keep it up tho!
To be honest, spiders are nog my favorite thing also. Might need to go look for a Flying insect instead to be true to the GIL :p

Plan on letting us see other victims being used?
Honestly I have not planned anyting at this point. First goal would be to have somewhat of a functional game with atleast one enemy and h-animation.

• Red Heart
Reactions: RealF

lol5535

Apr 30, 2018
To be honest, spiders are nog my favorite thing also. Might need to go look for a Flying insect instead to be true to the GIL :p

Honestly I have not planned anyting at this point. First goal would be to have somewhat of a functional game with atleast one enemy and h-animation.

yo i fuckin love spiders egg laying!!!! give me more
post link man

2.60 star(s) 5 Votes