warrenitro

Aug 20, 2021
So now all of my saves from 0.56 are missing. That’s enough for me, I’m not wasting any more time with this buggy mess.

Reactions: Aizar

danasavage

Game Developer
Mar 9, 2020
So now all of my saves from 0.56 are missing. That’s enough for me, I’m not wasting any more time with this buggy mess.
Urgh, so sorry that happened to you! The bug fixing does feel like whack-a-mole sometimes. I put out test builds on Patreon before every new build, but for some reason I rarely get any feedback so for whatever reason it's usually not until a public build until I get a lot of things. I've never had anyone else report this, but I do intend to go back and make the save system code more robust. It's basically at the top of my list anyway (including your suggestion from a while ago to be able to rename saves - which I still have noted!). But totally understand why you might wanna ditch the game at this point based on the friction. Maybe check it out again in a year or two when it's gleaming with polish (hopefully!) and thanks so much for spending any time on it at all, and feeding back. Genuinely appreciate it. (y)

Zenz75

Jul 24, 2020
You can totally wear the grey bralette as your outfit from Heather's closet - but you'll need to put a skirt or some leggings on your bottom half too, I think that's what might be causing the issue with exiting the room! Certain rooms have "outfit checks" to make sure you can't leave in just your underwear, and Heather's bedroom during the pre-party scene is one of them.
Actually, I wasn't able to do that. I tried every combination and could only leave if I had the pink shirt on.

As for the clothes colors ... the stores stock different things on different days. I had fun with randomising the schedule, and maybe I went too far. Certain items are permanent, but othes (like the bras and panties) are on a randomised rotation, so if you check back another day the matching panties should be in stock.
Doing random clothing stock with the harsh money limitation is a poor choice since it costs $5 every time you take the bus to even check if what you need is in stock. So either you will lose what little money you have and possibly get stuck being unable to progress or you have to save spam a lot during the game. So it might be something you will need to

Going back to the clothes/clothes checks stuff, there's still so much more to do with all this. I want it to have logic, just like in the real world. If you're presenting as a dude, mostly, but you're wearing a girly bralette on your upper body, then yeah, people should react differently, and so forth. But also that's a LOT of work. The clothes checking algorithm I've written is already pretty huge - just think about how many items the player is wearing, how many layers, items, whether they're masc/femme, plus all the extra bodyhair stuff! It's a lot to get right, not to mention all the additional character reactions I'll have to write based on the various edge cases (all femme, mostly femme, androgynous, one weird girly item, etc). Don't get me wrong, this is my ultimate plan, but so far I've just put in the core stuff - same as how I've spent my main focus on getting the main game storyline locked in before I go wild adding in all the fun extra stuff.
I'm not saying that people shouldn't react differently. My point was that the MC had trouble exiting Heather's bedroom, in a sort of private setting, with the same clothing he has no problem walking around campus in which is public. All I ask for is consistency. It's easy to give each clothing and area a value that checks against other values to see if you are able to enter that area or not wearing that item (visible or not), just like you've done with the towel. Then you add another value for exhibition which means when you hit that level the MC no longer cares who sees you wearing that item.

danasavage

Game Developer
Mar 9, 2020
Actually, I wasn't able to do that. I tried every combination and could only leave if I had the pink shirt on.

Doing random clothing stock with the harsh money limitation is a poor choice since it costs $5 every time you take the bus to even check if what you need is in stock. So either you will lose what little money you have and possibly get stuck being unable to progress or you have to save spam a lot during the game. So it might be something you will need to

I'm not saying that people shouldn't react differently. My point was that the MC had trouble exiting Heather's bedroom, in a sort of private setting, with the same clothing he has no problem walking around campus in which is public. All I ask for is consistency. It's easy to give each clothing and area a value that checks against other values to see if you are able to enter that area or not wearing that item (visible or not), just like you've done with the towel. Then you add another value for exhibition which means when you hit that level the MC no longer cares who sees you wearing that item.
Re: the first point - that's genuinely strange! After your initial comment, I checked the scene scene myself and was able to leave Heather's room with basically anything on, so long as I was decent. The code for that part is just:
Screenshot 2024-07-10 at 09.05.20.png
so it shouldn't act differently with one particular item - the femme_check() function is just checking that you're a) dressed, b) shaved, and c) wearing makeup ... I honestly have no idea what's causing that for you, I'll take your word for it, and try to do some more digging, but yeah. That's a genuine mystery.

I hear you re: money. This is another 'balance' thing. I don't want the game to have sooo much in-game money available from the off that there's no longer any lateral thinking to be done re: how and when you spend what. But I also don't want it to be frustrating. This is one of the many things I'm going to address in future updates. I want to add in a bunch of extra ways to make more cash, but they should be things that also flesh out the world. One off events (like finding a lost wallet, deciding whether or not to keep what's inside, then contacting the owner and possibly opening up a little new event, etc), and other jobs on and off campus. But noted for sure!

I was just mentioning the reaction thing, because it sort of occured to me when you mentioned wearing a bralette as a guy on campus being "fine".

And honestly, the last thing - how 'easy' or not it is to check clothing values against [whatever]. Maybe i'm just a dunce, but this has been one of the big/fun/juicy puzzles I've been trying to solve this whole time in making the game. The clothing stuff is super important to me. It's a work in progress, I'm still figuring it all out and I want the dressup/clothing to always be right at the center of the game. The towel check is the same as the other check in Heather's room - so again, this is something I'm going to have to try to work out what's going wrong. I genuinely can't replicate this error myself, but I'll look into it more for sure!

f96zonetrooper

Engaged Member
Dec 21, 2018
If the mc has to pay for every single visit to the city and money is rare, then players won't explore the city that much because it is too costly . (And save spamming is no fun.)

In the pre-Godot version of the game there was the option to buy a monthly ticket or so for the bus. (Semester ticket for students would be fine, so that the mc pays once and can use the bus for free for the rest of the game.)

The benefit (in game context ) always depends on how often the mc has to go to the city to follow the story. If the costs for all mandatory single tickets is smaller than the cost for the monthly ticket, it is usually not worth the costs.

The mc will also need a lot of cash upfront to buy such a ticket, reducing his options to buy other stuff in the first weeks.
Maybe give him a loan to buy the monthly ticket and let him slowly pay it back over the next weeks or make a payment in small installments which are automatically taken from his account every week.

danasavage

Game Developer
Mar 9, 2020
If the mc has to pay for every single visit to the city and money is rare, then players won't explore the city that much because it is too costly . (And save spamming is no fun.)

In the pre-Godot version of the game there was the option to buy a monthly ticket or so for the bus. (Semester ticket for students would be fine, so that the mc pays once and can use the bus for free for the rest of the game.)

The benefit (in game context ) always depends on how often the mc has to go to the city to follow the story. If the costs for all mandatory single tickets is smaller than the cost for the monthly ticket, it is usually not worth the costs.

The mc will also need a lot of cash upfront to buy such a ticket, reducing his options to buy other stuff in the first weeks.
Maybe give him a loan to buy the monthly ticket and let him slowly pay it back over the next weeks or make a payment in small installments which are automatically taken from his account every week.
Noted! And all good points. I did plan to put the bus ticket options back in by now, but honestly it kinda slipped my mind; will push it up in the gigantic queue of things to add/work on!! There's gonna be an official bus pass you can buy at the busstop and also a counterfeit one you can get from the dealer.

Reactions: Will619

Zenz75

Jul 24, 2020
And honestly, the last thing - how 'easy' or not it is to check clothing values against [whatever]. Maybe i'm just a dunce, but this has been one of the big/fun/juicy puzzles I've been trying to solve this whole time in making the game. The clothing stuff is super important to me. It's a work in progress, I'm still figuring it all out and I want the dressup/clothing to always be right at the center of the game. The towel check is the same as the other check in Heather's room - so again, this is something I'm going to have to try to work out what's going wrong. I genuinely can't replicate this error myself, but I'll look into it more for sure!
I know it's coded in HTML, but a good example on how it can be done is the game "Perverted Education". There they have values for each item of clothing on how daring you are to be able to wear it as well as several switches to make sure you don't wear that item too soon.

You can't even buy certain items unless you are daring enough and still can't wear most of it outside. This is done by giving the clothes some tags with the type of clothes they are and while you play certain event will enable you to wear clothes with that tag. Could be a good idea to have a look at the code to get some ideas on how it would be done in Godot.

danasavage

Game Developer
Mar 9, 2020
I know it's coded in HTML, but a good example on how it can be done is the game "Perverted Education". There they have values for each item of clothing on how daring you are to be able to wear it as well as several switches to make sure you don't wear that item too soon.

You can't even buy certain items unless you are daring enough and still can't wear most of it outside. This is done by giving the clothes some tags with the type of clothes they are and while you play certain event will enable you to wear clothes with that tag. Could be a good idea to have a look at the code to get some ideas on how it would be done in Godot.
I mean, I do already have a whole bunch of data attached to each clothing item. For example, it even has an 'arousal' stat - that modifies the player's general arousal based on how experienced they are with wearing that item and how far along they are in the feminizaiton process, but i've disabled it for now. The clothes items also have tags currently for where on the body to be worn, price, what type of clothing it is (underwear, outerwear, masc, femme, androgynous), and a few others. (Although I'm always up for adding more, haha).

I think it's more the checking functions that I need to look harder at. But yeah, thanks so much - I did play the game you mentioned a little but I don't think I got far enough along to see the more complicated/interesting clothing stuff happening. Your description actually makes me want to give it another shot though; if you haven't gathered already, dressing up games are my jam! :)

slicky123

Jun 28, 2017
When i meet jennifer in front of the simmons hall fully dressed she tells me to go back and get dressed

Edit:
Nevermind i wasnt shaved

Last edited:

Zenz75

Jul 24, 2020
I've had a bug happen multiple times now. When Heather returns clothes after getting the phone back, it doesn't give back all the items she took, it duplicates some of them. I have two pairs that is shown as white stilettos, when what I got from her in the first place was the baby pink ones. I also have two pairs of dirty sneakers.

When she took items, she also stole items found while doing the janitors job. Items missing are the black stockings and the grey bralette, both of which I found during the janitors job and the panties Heather gave during the MC's first visit to her apartment.

Because of the duplication glitch, when I now click on the boy mode link, it no longer equips all the clothing and I have to press the link multiple times to do so.

Another bug is related to loading a save and going to the Mall. I save at the Bus Stop, go to the Mall to check the stores and if the item I'm looking for isn't there I load the save. When I now go back to the Quad, the store appears and I have to click the finish link to keep walking. I've gone almost every day and not once has the baby pink bra appeared. Another bad example why you shouldn't do RNG in the store. I'm trying to gather a full baby pink set to wear at the event.

EDIT: Yet another bug. If you enter the back room at the book store it says you are in Amy's room

EDIT2: Something went wrong with a save and now when I try to reload it, the game crashes. Trying to prevent having too many saves I basically lost my entire session. Will try again after I've restarted my computer sometime in the future.

Last edited:

danasavage

Game Developer
Mar 9, 2020
I've had a bug happen multiple times now. When Heather returns clothes after getting the phone back, it doesn't give back all the items she took, it duplicates some of them. I have two pairs that is shown as white stilettos, when what I got from her in the first place was the baby pink ones. I also have two pairs of dirty sneakers.

When she took items, she also stole items found while doing the janitors job. Items missing are the black stockings and the grey bralette, both of which I found during the janitors job and the panties Heather gave during the MC's first visit to her apartment.

Because of the duplication glitch, when I now click on the boy mode link, it no longer equips all the clothing and I have to press the link multiple times to do so.

Another bug is related to loading a save and going to the Mall. I save at the Bus Stop, go to the Mall to check the stores and if the item I'm looking for isn't there I load the save. When I now go back to the Quad, the store appears and I have to click the finish link to keep walking. I've gone almost every day and not once has the baby pink bra appeared. Another bad example why you shouldn't do RNG in the store. I'm trying to gather a full baby pink set to wear at the event.

EDIT: Yet another bug. If you enter the back room at the book store it says you are in Amy's room

EDIT2: Something went wrong with a save and now when I try to reload it, the game crashes. Trying to prevent having too many saves I basically lost my entire session. Will try again after I've restarted my computer sometime in the future.
Jeez, that's a lot of bugs.

Save system stuff is right at the top of my list - it's going to be a hotfix about as soon as I've got it and a few other major event issues done. As for the clothing stuff - this is more of a long term issue to sort out. There's soooo much complicated inventory stuff happening, so many conditions, so many times when I've wanted to do something in service to the story (like the Heather thing - it's a point where she comes back to your room and takes back whatever clothes she's borrowed from you) and I've obviously got the janitor job clothes "tagged" as Heather being the owner.

Like I said in an earlier post in this thread, the clothing stuff is something I love so much and really want to get right. I've already put a bunch of time into the inventory handling, and outside of edge cases like this I think it's holding up pretty well (better than the save code anyway!). But I just need to make it more robust, which coincidentally is one of my big (technical) focuses for 0.6 - to get all the mechanics working exactly how I want them with no bugs. I'm sorry this has been such a frustrating experience for you, and it's actually been really useful for me - so a genuine thanks for pointing all this out.

As for the saves, they're accessible in the file system as plaintext - you didn't try to modify anything did you? I've honestly not heard of the game crashing. But whatever happened, sorry about that!

This game has had so many negative reports and feedback over the years, I should probably have taken it as a sign to jack it in a long time ago, but weirdly all this does is just spur me on to work more on it and hopefully one day it won't be such an endless bug-report type situation! :)

Zenz75

Jul 24, 2020
Maybe you should not tag it as Heather being the owner just because she happens to own something similar, but rather when you get the item it tags where you get it from so that she doesn't steal those items. So if you buy an item, it's tagged as bought and if it's from the janitor job, it's tagged as that. And when you are given it from someone, it's tagged as that person, unless it's a permanent gift and then you use a tag for that too.

Another thing is that it's very easy to get doubles from the Janitor job, like the boxers or the socks and the MC has no way to get rid of those. Maybe add a lost and found at the janitor's office and you get a token sum for putting it there. Yet another way to make back some money.

Reactions: danasavage

f96zonetrooper

Engaged Member
Dec 21, 2018
Hint : New version in the OP

v0.5.6 - Hotfix
- Changed Kevin room schedule week 4 (away at night, randomised during day, giving a minimum of 5, max 10 opportunities to practice dancing in your room).
- Added ability to practice dancing at the nightclub.
- Switched Jennifer "angry" and "very angry" art in drawn art, so she doesn't look quite as crazy sometimes!
- Fixed bug where Drawn Art toggle in settings wasn't showing on/off based on previous selections.
- Fixed bug where talking to Jennifer in cafeteria might trigger certain quest scenes if on Jennifer route.
- Janitor job: increased chance of random loot drop.
- Fixed Heather stealing extra femme clothes issue on her visit to your dorm.
- Fixed boymode issue, where the Get Dressed (Boymode) button wouldn't always work later in the game, if the player had more items in closet.
- Fixed issue where the dancing movies wouldn't play again after completing once through.
- Cut the lines of dialogue (SFX) from the prologue

Zenz75

Jul 24, 2020
There was a bug I forgot to report when I was playing. If you set the game to show the drawn art at the beginning of the game, then go to settings to disable that, you can't enable the drawn art again.

Altru

Lover of Giantesses
Donor
May 14, 2018
danasavage Just played your game for the first time on the new platform... got to the part for the first Friday night event.

My suggestion is to change to the microphone getting tapped by a finger versus the ring sound.
Myself having extreme tinnitus, that shit rocked my hearing even with my volume at 25%

Other than that, I like the new platform... Seems like you can do a lot more than you could with HTML.

3.80 star(s) 4 Votes