Mod QSP Abandoned Girl Life: Quality Of Life Mod [1-10][toolkitxx]

5.00 star(s) 2 Votes

BlaBlubb

Oct 19, 2016
Interesting mod project so far and hopefully this will lead to a stable game and so a better game experience.

But one thing set annoys me is the new travel menu. Yes it looks nice and is the same for all locations, but it doubles effectively the clicks needed to change a location and this is in my opinion worse than before. So my question is, why is that needed? Or what was the reason to hide the exits of a location behind an extra click? The same effect should be possible with a function that adds the possible exits as actions or that renders a table with the possible exits of a location.

toolkitxx

Modder
Donor
Game Developer
May 3, 2017
Interesting mod project so far and hopefully this will lead to a stable game and so a better game experience.

But one thing set annoys me is the new travel menu. Yes it looks nice and is the same for all locations, but it doubles effectively the clicks needed to change a location and this is in my opinion worse than before. So my question is, why is that needed? Or what was the reason to hide the exits of a location behind an extra click? The same effect should be possible with a function that adds the possible exits as actions or that renders a table with the possible exits of a location.
The main reason is actually described in the document that describes the general clean-up but i can elaborate since this is a very specific question:
To clean-up the code and enable any kind of decent templated code i had to separate actual content from formatting and navigation as the old system mixed these wildly with each other. This meant that calls to move to another gameplace where inside an html formatting statement which again would would be inside a descriptive text etc. To have any realistic chance of replacing redundant code, change destinations of calls to new cleaned code locations and more this was a necessary step.
To understand this one also has to understand how code works with the player. QSP is directly working with the player itself - meaning only certain code will execute in certain frames of the player and vice versa. Unlike other languages there is a direct relation here that can not be seperated by the developer unless qsp and the player get recompiled to work differently.
To activate any kind of foldout menu there would be 2 options - a click on a html-link in the main window or the usage of 1 action. As we are aiming for a direct help system the links in the main window are reserved for exactly that feature.

Reactions: ShiKage89

ShiKage89

Purple Turtle
Donor
Apr 9, 2017
So interesting o.o... to bad i don't understand it fully .. oh well still you guys really impress me with what your trying to do :) really interesting to see how this mod will turn out in the end heh I'll defiantly keep watching the progress you guys make ^^.

P.S sorry if i miss spell or use the wrong words... due to a.d.h.d i never did well in school till about grade 6 / year 7 an left school in year 8 spelling/grammar was the only thing i didn't manage to learn properly in that time frame... well completely any way some words i will stuff up or use wrong >.> thank god for spell check most of the time lol.

toolkitxx

Modder
Donor
Game Developer
May 3, 2017
!Attention!
First of all i have to apologize for the delayed update this week but the cheatmenu issue caught me blindsided.
More important though:
A special thanks this time goes to the busy minions @673751 @Finneyyy - they survived and are well!

The new version has been uploaded and currently available as mega-download in the OP
(some temporary trouble doesnt let me update the zip-file yet)

Highlights:
New weather system based on average monthly temperatures and average monthly raindays implemented
+daily temperatures will now have a max deviation of 5°C from the monthly average temperature
+weathertypes like clear sky, cloudy etc are defined as usual at daystart and change once around noon
+weathertypes not counting as 'clear' are capped per month and reaching the cap will ensure clear days for the reminder of the month
+The new 'weathertype' also allows much more detailed checks and conditions for events, clothing etc
+both clear and partly cloudy count as clear skies for conditional checks in the code
+weather changes are instant in status window without a need to refresh anything
Standard actions like 'wait' in almost every location or scene

!Attention!

Last edited:

ShiKage89

Purple Turtle
Donor
Apr 9, 2017
Not much you can do till they manage to find away around the problems of the old one :( lol haven't tried the new one yet my self.

Reactions: toolkitxx

Quacker

The Quacker
Donor
Respected User
Aug 6, 2016
Not much you can do till they manage to find away around the problems of the old one :( lol haven't tried the new one yet my self.
New one is great may not have the features of thr old but it helps you when you need it...

toolkitxx

Modder
Donor
Game Developer
May 3, 2017
the new cheat menu seems good,but i miss the old options. :FeelsBadMan:
Well - we are always trying to listen and help so what are you missing as 'old options'? Its a bit general and we warned plus delivered more than we promised already now. We change and enhance so that players get more out of it in the long run but at times we have to set priorities.

P.S. We did mention in the changelog that this is ongoing work so if there is something you want to see sooner than other things we need good feedback

Last edited:
Reactions: LOL32 and ShiKage89

jason95821

Feb 10, 2017
does this new update contain the gl required img pack or do i need to re dl it from were ever i got it last time
if i do can i get a link ^_-

toolkitxx

Modder
Donor
Game Developer
May 3, 2017
does this new update contain the gl required img pack or do i need to re dl it from were ever i got it last time
if i do can i get a link ^_-
We have a link to our modified image pack in the OP which is not the same as the image pack for Girl life ecv anymore.
If you are looking for the one that should be used for the ecv version it should be in the for it

gold

Sep 23, 2016
Can you please say what is the difference between the old cheat menu and the new one? As I am a little hesitant to use your new update as I really do cheat a lot :coldsweat:

Reactions: LOL32

toolkitxx

Modder
Donor
Game Developer
May 3, 2017
The latest update lets you cheat money, set attributes and stats and allows to teleport. Since our main focus is on the game itself and then cheating ;) we had to make a tough decision and warned and asked for feedback (thus those functions right away).

Since the original cheat menu not only interfered with some base code but also contained many a functionality that simply doesnt belong there. About 30% - 40% of the functionality of the old cheat menu are actually game settings that require movement to proper places and as we began to restructure code we need those settings to be separated from anything cheating. You will find those soon in a proper 'settings' area like you already found nightmode and other things.

toolkitxx

Modder
Donor
Game Developer
May 3, 2017
Since everyone is going ballistic over the cheat stuff i dare to make this
an open issue for once even if the design decision is already made.

Take your time and actually look at things in the cheat menu. Consider the common definition of 'cheat' and then look again into the old cheat menu. Aside from the interference with cleaned code we consider all this not to be cheats but essentially game settings that define if you want to play casual or normal

• everything in the subsection 'Recurrent'
  • sleeping with lewd toys in you or not
  • auto function for tampon, pads and alike
  • renaming the player
  • beauty parameters
  • status display settings
  • Body image controls
  • period tracking , auto pill etc
  • game over settings
  • music settings
  • oox and dynamic input
  • variable tracking
  • speeding up pregnancy
Some of these functions simply dont belong into the hands of a common user to begin with. The dynamic input is for bug hunting or emergency functions when a game is about to be dead ended and this is the last resort. Since it is not making any checks on the users input you can essentially run any kind of code via it (that includes common cheating which is usually just setting variable A to value B) but you can also do things like resetting all NPCs to base values with a single command and more.

We are not only working on adding actual cheats back but have to move game settings into areas that have been cleaned or changed how they work - so we need to adjust those functions first. The consequences for the users are an actual enhancement as they can actually decide at GAME START if they want the normal settings or play with 'convenience' functions enabled.

To illustrate this with a actual example:
npc relations.PNG

Last edited:

toolkitxx

Modder
Donor
Game Developer
May 3, 2017
The cheats there now along with a way to handle the more repetitive recurrent stuff like makeup and hair brushing would be good imo. Maybe relations and weather too.
Relations have already been moved into 'Player' menu as it essentially tracks only relation towards the player. Weather has just been changed completely to actually eliminate the need to cheat at all but there will be cheats for both weathertype and temperature too. Documents cheat is already ready for the next update as are almost all skills and attributes. As of repetetive i point

<checks the dungeon if the minions are still chained and busy>

Last edited:

ShiKage89

Purple Turtle
Donor
Apr 9, 2017
Looks Good, the cheat menu is nice an neat but for some reason the weather pictures ain't showing up for me o_O.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Over all good job :D

toolkitxx

Modder
Donor
Game Developer
May 3, 2017
Looks Good, the cheat menu is nice an neat but for some reason the weather pictures ain't showing up for me o_O.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Over all good job :D
Great catch and thank you! Those where actually missing in the update - looks like i have to pay another dime into the 'dont be hasty' jar. I attach the icons here and will also update the OP later to have the actual image update separated.

Please place the folder in the zip-file into /images/system

Reactions: LOL32 and ShiKage89

ShiKage89

Purple Turtle
Donor
Apr 9, 2017
still shows a broken picture? maybe need to start new.. also notice smoke an wait seem to be on every menu now o_O

5.00 star(s) 2 Votes