Mod QSP Abandoned Girl Life: Quality Of Life Mod [1-10][toolkitxx]

5.00 star(s) 2 Votes

toolkitxx

Modder
Donor
Game Developer
May 3, 2017
Thanks for the reply, and I wasn`t trying to be mean or anything in any comment(not that you made it look that way, just saying `cause everyone is a critic, especially when stuff is free) but I think you`re doing a pretty good job, maybe if I`d started playing by your mod I wouldn`t be able to get used to my current way of playing, but, as I`ve been playing it for a while, I do think it feels cluttered; maybe not put places as a tooltip would be better? just a suggestion....
Great work, and thanks again!
We are fully aware of that many got used to the links in the main window. But everything comes at a cost. Those links are a major reason for a lot of bugs that are hard to trace, they make a real dynamic description impossble and last but not least they create tons of redundant code which requires constant maintenance.

toolkitxx

Modder
Donor
Game Developer
May 3, 2017
Mod looks good like what you have done so far made it much easier to play.
Notice in night mode that the wardrobe cloths descriptions can not be read cause the words turn white an the cloths descriptions still have white background.

An idea don't know if some one suggested this but maybe you could make it so the close have clickable category? would save having to scroll down so much just to find clothing your looking for >.<
Will this be better? :)
wardrobe nightmode.PNG
will be shipped with next update

Reactions: ShiKage89 and Oiz

Saruh Games

The grinding never stops
Game Developer
Aug 6, 2016
the torrent magnet link don't work. but i already have the game original pack of the 0.601v, do i need to download your pack too?

toolkitxx

Modder
Donor
Game Developer
May 3, 2017
the torrent magnet link don't work. but i already have the game original pack of the 0.601v, do i need to download your pack too?
There is a spoiler with the magnet link as the forum does some things with magnet links that they dont work.
As of the image and sound - yes. Especially image pack has seen some changes compared to the original one

ShiKage89

Purple Turtle
Donor
Apr 9, 2017
Will this be better? :)
View attachment 11541
will be shipped with next update
Very nice ^^ I kept playing it with the white background just cause of that little bit annoyed me.. lol.
now if only the brother had more dialog options when you click on him when he is watching TV it would be perfect... never understood why he never had much dialog added kinda sad :( lol

Reactions: toolkitxx

toolkitxx

Modder
Donor
Game Developer
May 3, 2017
I hinted and spoilered in that there will be some things coming not so far in the future. I was asked by others too why we wouldnt add content like that while we are in the code anyway and believe me i hear every single one of you.

As a player i do like new content as well but it was also one of the major reasons i stopped playing many games when just throwing out content would break even more things that had already been annoying before. Whenever i can i take the code i have to touch during the clean-up and try to find ways to make it behave more generalized and easier to find/call/use for NON-CODERS. The entire work we do is actually based on that tantra so content can be added by people with little or no help of coders.

The lack of content for people like Kolka and others is a result of this. Content had been added in all kinds of ways and styles regarding how it hooked into the overall logic (if there was one to begin with). Much of the logic never appeared as a code function but was merely a result of a group discussion 'how' to implement it content wise. Without an overall logic events where often just hooked into a room or street and called by some conditional statement in the middle of a html link that represented both some description and action to send the user somewhere. Maintaining or adding anything to this wild mix is adventurous at best suicidal at worst.

The templates we have started with are being extended to also deliver a basic event template where the writer can basically take some 'lego'-functions and fill a room/place with some functionality in a very easy and simple way. We adjust functions like my favourite example 'Wait' to be almost fail-proof by finally adding an option to cancel the wait, to catch wrong user input in the values and then defaulting to a standard period and removing all instances that appear as copy anywhere else in the code. Without these things we ourselves have to create the content and add it to the system and there is just so much time in a single day :)

Addendum: The new weather system is finished and was in testing by our QA and will be part of the next update.

Last edited:

ShiKage89

Purple Turtle
Donor
Apr 9, 2017
truthfully my comment was more aimed at the game makers not you modding about kolka and don't really exspect to see more content for him added in.. just bugs me as to why they did so little for him o.o could have added a lot more fun stuff or at lest some convocations options for him instead he sit there as a boring character kinda useless character if you ain't going for the few scene's he has ... just trying to warp my head around it

toolkitxx

Modder
Donor
Game Developer
May 3, 2017
truthfully my comment was more aimed at the game makers not you modding about kolka and don't really exspect to see more content for him added in.. just bugs me as to why they did so little for him o.o could have added a lot more fun stuff or at lest some convocations options for him instead he sit there as a boring character kinda useless character if you ain't going for the few scene's he has ... just trying to warp my head around it
The original game was very much a fast train into super-slut and submissiveness without many choices at all. The ecv most definitely already did quite a bit to retaliate that but due to the code limitations (not qsp limitations i point out) it was still very limited how it was done which meant most npcs where still very 'flat' as game characters. One of the most polished characters is by far Fedor who had a very talented and dedicated ecv writer behind its story and personality but ended in a dead end as many other npcs because hooks where missing (or simply not understood) to connect them to each other.

Our current major change to this is actual npc schedules to control npcs whereabouts properly at any given time. This is the base for our new functions that are making it a no-brainer for an event writer to summon a given amount of people of specific traits into a new event without breaking anyone else. Connecting all the existing lose ends of npcs will immediately feel like there is much more content as they will also behave like the player: they will feel love and lust and can be controlled via those.

ShiKage89

Purple Turtle
Donor
Apr 9, 2017
I see yeah i kinda get what your saying ... zzz make me wish i could code so i could understand better.
Well all that aside keep up the good work ^^ looking forward to seeing what you continue to add to this mod :3

toolkitxx

Modder
Donor
Game Developer
May 3, 2017
I see yeah i kinda get what your saying ... zzz make me wish i could code so i could understand better.
Well all that aside keep up the good work ^^ looking forward to seeing what you continue to add to this mod :3
lol - i make it more simple : if you want to call all your relatives to a spontaneous party at the lake it will be as simple as something like this gs 'npc_move','loc_pavlovsk_lake','A29','A28','A34','A33'.
The weird numbers are just unqiue ways for the code for the NPCS: A29 is Mom, A28 is Step-Dad, A34 is Kolka, A33 is Anya

coretex

Jun 15, 2017
Since i just noticed this post.. and did a quick skim of the 1st page and last 2 ... Wondering if you are then supplying any of your code optimizations back to the git for review and possible inclusion in the official release? I realize some of what you are doing may directly conflict or be opposite of what the ECV team is doing, but aside from taking some content in different directions, the code simplification/optimizations may go along way to helping advance ECV and the mod.

ShiKage89

Purple Turtle
Donor
Apr 9, 2017
lol - i make it more simple : if you want to call all your relatives to a spontaneous party at the lake it will be as simple as something like this gs 'npc_move','loc_pavlovsk_lake','A29','A28','A34','A33'.
The weird numbers are just unqiue ways for the code for the NPCS: A29 is Mom, A28 is Step-Dad, A34 is Kolka, A33 is Anya
.. wow that is kinda simple... almost like Ragnarok online's txt file chat npc set up o.o..... lol did try to teach my self coding... it went over my head then again i was a 14 year old a.d.h.d kid back then ~~ lol

Last edited:

toolkitxx

Modder
Donor
Game Developer
May 3, 2017
Since i just noticed this post.. and did a quick skim of the 1st page and last 2 ... Wondering if you are then supplying any of your code optimizations back to the git for review and possible inclusion in the official release? I realize some of what you are doing may directly conflict or be opposite of what the ECV team is doing, but aside from taking some content in different directions, the code simplification/optimizations may go along way to helping advance ECV and the mod.
The split away was never about content but about codebase. Our changes cant go back to the pool as we change logic and structure as well - you could nearly call it an overhaul at least regarding the code. Every location and its code will also be available on our git when we have the base right for anyone else to build on.

P.S.: There is a reason we try to be very transparent and describe concepts. The code is unprotected so anyone interested can easily pick out things if they think they are 'worthy' to be used.
P.P.S.: I am an average coder at best so it shouldnt be rocket science for a real coder to understand what i do.

Last edited:
Reactions: ShiKage89

coretex

Jun 15, 2017
Yea thats understandable, and cool. Ya might let Kevin @ ECV thread know.. as they do refactoring all the time. I take a look at their git on the tfgs site occationally and theres all kind of code updates going on much in the same vein as what you are doing. Some of the updates might general enough to apply to both projects.

toolkitxx

Modder
Donor
Game Developer
May 3, 2017
Yea thats understandable, and cool. Ya might let Kevin @ ECV thread know.. as they do refactoring all the time. I take a look at their git on the tfgs site occationally and theres all kind of code updates going on much in the same vein as what you are doing. Some of the updates might general enough to apply to both projects.
1. Kevin is fully aware of us and doesnt want this or cant enforce it
2. The changes are not general enough

Reactions: Burt and Eoin

daiseydoo

Apr 8, 2017
So when you catch you mom in the cafe theres now an option to take a picture, Did you add it? can't remember ever seeing it also it won't let you choose the option to take said picture :(

5.00 star(s) 2 Votes