Mod QSP Abandoned Girl Life: Quality Of Life Mod [1-10][toolkitxx]

5.00 star(s) 2 Votes

zkawai

Dec 21, 2016
First time user of the mod, and, well, though I did not enjoy it, as an old user, as I believe the interface is much more difficult to navigate, however, I did have a problem, right after trying this version(which also position teh object, actions, etc. boxes on REALLY weird and kinda unmanageable places for me) I could no longer access and position my own places on my girllife qsp(my unmodded version), and now cannot do it on any qsp games, only resize those that exists within the right side of the screen, shich screwed up my games. Does anyone know how to fix this? is there some keyboard shortcut or something to take it back to normal?

toolkitxx

Modder
Donor
Game Developer
May 3, 2017
First time user of the mod, and, well, though I did not enjoy it, as an old user, as I believe the interface is much more difficult to navigate, however, I did have a problem, right after trying this version(which also position teh object, actions, etc. boxes on REALLY weird and kinda unmanageable places for me) I could no longer access and position my own places on my girllife qsp(my unmodded version), and now cannot do it on any qsp games, only resize those that exists within the right side of the screen, shich screwed up my games. Does anyone know how to fix this? is there some keyboard shortcut or something to take it back to normal?
The window setting is a player thing. Its controlled by a small file in your player directory called qspgui.cfg. You probably did what i asked in an early version of the mod and replaced your qspgui.cfg with the one from the mod in the player's main directory. Simply delete it and the player will reset to factory settings of those windows.

toolkitxx

Modder
Donor
Game Developer
May 3, 2017
!!Attention!!

I found a serious bug preventing the phone notebook from working!
This also means the reminder function will not work properly!
Please dont use 1-7 anymore and wait for 1-71 to go up in just a minute!

!!Attention!!

Reactions: Burt

Burt

Ignoring Social Media
Dec 14, 2016
Minor grump any chance of putting the fat reduction cheat back in please if you took it out for roleplay thats fine

toolkitxx

Modder
Donor
Game Developer
May 3, 2017
Minor grump any chance of putting the fat reduction cheat back in please if you took it out for roleplay thats fine
Have not removed anything like that from the cheat menu - yet :)

Its well hidden in the section 'Appearance' and then you need 'Goto page 2'. Its right there for all you cheaters and exercise denial freaks: zero fat, bod fat + and -

The only things that move out from the cheat menu are things that are essentially game functions that ended in the cheat menu for whatever reason.

Burt

Ignoring Social Media
Dec 14, 2016
Have not removed anything like that from the cheat menu - yet :)

Its well hidden in the section 'Appearance' and then you need 'Goto page 2'. Its right there for all you cheaters and exercise denial freaks: zero fat, bod fat + and -

The only things that move out from the cheat menu are things that are essentially game functions that ended in the cheat menu for whatever reason.
cheater.png

Not in mine :)
I know my English is very poor but I dont see it :) in the new versions :)

jason95821

Feb 10, 2017
thanks for the weather update
nice to have some form of referance

another thing i notice is i got a bf and he asked me out
mesg pop up saying he was at the train station
but not witch one

Reactions: toolkitxx

toolkitxx

Modder
Donor
Game Developer
May 3, 2017
thanks for the weather update
nice to have some form of referance

another thing i notice is i got a bf and he asked me out
mesg pop up saying he was at the train station
but not witch one
Good find - that one annoyed me too. Have to look how to fix that asap as that is still untouched area. On work list now

Reactions: jason95821

jason95821

Feb 10, 2017
Good find - that one annoyed me too. Have to look how to fix that asap as that is still untouched area. On work list now
didn't the original gl game have your bf meet you in the park ?
maybe some coding from that one might help
at least temp

toolkitxx

Modder
Donor
Game Developer
May 3, 2017
didn't the original gl game have your bf meet you in the park ?
maybe some coding from that one might help
at least temp
Using anything old at the current stage would probably just reintroduce bugs connected to it that i am not aware of.

I am looking at it right now and i think the way to go for a solution is to actually agree on a meeting point during the phone call and not just a random one defined by the system. I am battling one of the bugs connected to that system already which would place you in the apartment even if you never rented/owned it.

Pararock

Aug 17, 2016
That is a different player you are talking about. Navigator requires that but not the classic player which is used here.
But glad you found your way here and enjoy!
The .qproj is not use by player, but by the people that want to look at the code.

It transform this

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

into this

toolkitxx

Modder
Donor
Game Developer
May 3, 2017
The .qproj is not use by player, but by the people that want to look at the code.

It transform this

into this

I am continuing to learn something new every day - glad about that. We never had one and the only places i noticed it so far has been in navigator projects. I am more than interested in where that is supposed to be created if its automatic by any means because there is most definitly none created by my QGen.

P.S: Scratch that - its simply because we havnt made any new folders. Its created at that time. Will make a new one and include in future distribution.

Bite Me LLZ

Modder
Game Developer
Jul 11, 2017
Why dont you and the other creater work together you have a beautiful ui and im sure they have things to contribute as well. Wouldnt it make more sense to work together? I know i dont really know that much about the situation but im sure everyone would love to see the game flourish under the combined care of you and kevin. Any specific reason you dont seem to mix?

Girl life as some other popular games is a big and complex game - but it unfortunately doesnt provide much in terms of help or hints. This mod aims to change that. Main focus is on enhancing the player experience and not to add content (yet).

As quality of life mod this first version of the mod contains a number of usability enhancements like fixing the UI into a better readable arrangement, showing stats in a more consolidated way as well as rearranging links and actions into one area to ready the game for a full hint/help system.

Feed back and Bug reports: As the clean-up advances we are starting to be able to fix things. We have setup the project on github and will be able to track reported bugs from now on. If you like our work so far we ask you to give us both feedback and bug reports.

Attention!! Please use our new bug report form that integrates directly with our github project without you having to log into github yourself.
Its completely anonymous if you don't provide an e-mail or you can provide one and don't set it for public view. That way you will receive an update status when the issue gets changed or fixed. The game will provide a new button for this as well in the next update. Attention!!

As the header states: this is based on the code of the 0.601 version of Girl life ecv(english community version). It will most likely deviate from any further development of the TFG version regarding content and has to be treated as its own version).
This means only the appropriate mod image and sound packs will work properly!
Important announcement

The image pack links have been updated.
This is due to the unification process we announced. All pictures have been resized to not
exceed 500x500 in width or height. This already saves nearly 700MB in needed disc space
and also unifies our page design in the game.

Please make sure you download the version - best prior to the weekend update of the mod itself!

How to download and play:

1. Make sure you have the complete image pack for QOL mod V1 -
2. Make sure you have the complete sound pack for ecv 0.60 version -
3. Download the attached zip with the mod
4. The mod contains several files - the changelog and other files with folder names that tell you where to put stuff
Note: You don't have to place the qspgui.cfg into your player folder! You can place the qspgui.cfg directly into your game folder. If you want to prevent it from being changed make sure to set 'read-only' attributes
5. start your game via the provided Start.bat
Note: You can NOT use the mod with image and soundpacks from TFG 0.61.

A few pics to make it easier to understand the changes:
View attachment 8677 View attachment 8678 View attachment 8679 View attachment 8680 View attachment 8681 View attachment 10579 View attachment 11243

toolkitxx

Modder
Donor
Game Developer
May 3, 2017
Why dont you and the other creater work together you have a beautiful ui and im sure they have things to contribute as well. Wouldnt it make more sense to work together? I know i dont really know that much about the situation but im sure everyone would love to see the game flourish under the combined care of you and kevin. Any specific reason you dont seem to mix?
Dont want to derail the thread and go back into this again - but i offered and it was not wanted. I announced i will make it a mod and put the work where my mouth was. Just assume we are incompatible persons

Eoin

The Bug Hunter
Donor
Feb 21, 2017
Both toolkit and kev didn't seem to get along with each other. Different artistic views, I guess. Which is why toolkit made this mod. He obviously wanted to go a different way than the ECV were going.

Bite Me LLZ

Modder
Game Developer
Jul 11, 2017
That makes perfect sense. But, kevin allows many people to contribute to the game and they dont all have the same artistic views so i think its much deeper than that. Toolkit also asks for opinons and feedback on his mods and also listens to the community. This skill does not come with out an ability to accept artistic diffrences. Its A complicated problem, but within it, so close within our grasp is a simple pratical solution.

Eoin

The Bug Hunter
Donor
Feb 21, 2017
That makes perfect sense. But, kevin allows many people to contribute to the game and they dont all have the same artistic views so i think its much deeper than that. Toolkit also asks for opinons and feedback on his mods and also listens to the community. This skill does not come with out an ability to accept artistic diffrences. Its A complicated problem, but within it, so close within our grasp is a simple pratical solution.
I'm sure its complicated. You seem to be more informed than I am on this particular topic. I'm sure there is a solution, but it seems too complex to put your finger on.

Please, if you like/dislike the mod, give some feedback, and if there are any bugs that you may find on your way, please use the (brand new, by the way) bug reporter tool, which you can find in-game, and also in the OP of this thread.

Thanks.

Bite Me LLZ

Modder
Game Developer
Jul 11, 2017
Nothing against this mod, its great but thats the point, something this great could be so much better when combined with the main game. Why work alone when working together is so mch better. Ever hear the acronym T.E.A.M. It stands for together everyone achieves more and i think the same thing applies here :)

5.00 star(s) 2 Votes