Mod QSP Abandoned Girl Life: Quality Of Life Mod [1-10][toolkitxx]

5.00 star(s) 2 Votes

Eoin

The Bug Hunter
Donor
Feb 21, 2017
Nothing against this mod, its great but thats the point, something this great could be so much better when combined with the main game. Why work alone when working together is so mch better. Ever hear the acronym T.E.A.M. It stands for together everyone achieves more and i think the same thing applies here :)
Look man, agree to disagree. Don't try to fix something that's working, and working quite great at the moment. Sometime down the line, perhaps. Maybe, maybe not.

At this point, the EVC team are doing their own thing, while we are doing ours. This mod is completely separate from base game. Please look at it from that angle.

Last edited:

Oiz

I am not Bloo, cause Bloo is a cunt
Modder
Donor
Aug 5, 2016
Nothing against this mod, its great but thats the point, something this great could be so much better when combined with the main game. Why work alone when working together is so mch better. Ever hear the acronym T.E.A.M. It stands for together everyone achieves more and i think the same thing applies here :)
While the others are trying a more political approach to answering you, I'll just straight-up say how it is:
Kevin came here and made very clear, that he wants nothing to do with this. Furthermore he made clear that Toolkit is not welcome to do anything to any extend concerning the ECV and that his opinion has no value to him at all.

To quote Kevin:
I wouldn't bother PMing people to explain why I called you toxic, I did not sanction and will not support this mod.
Page 5 on this thread if you want to read it yourself.

We'll welcome anyone here, though. And your input is very much appreciated.

Last edited:

Oiz

Modder
Donor
Aug 5, 2016
I read it thank you :)
I generally agree with you, though.
I think we really could benefit from each other's project as I stated at point 4 in my post directed at Kevin and I would prefer a good relationship between both teams.
This sadly won't happen if Toolkit and Kevin can't find any common ground, though.

Bite Me LLZ

Modder
Game Developer
Jul 11, 2017
Are you a lead member of the other team then?

I generally agree with you, though.
I think we really could benefit from each other's project as I stated at point 4 in my post directed at Kevin and I would prefer a good relationship between both teams.
This sadly won't happen if Toolkit and Kevin can't find any common ground, though.

Oiz

Modder
Donor
Aug 5, 2016
Yeah, but i argued for like an hour i dont think they want to get along lol :)
Yeah, I know. Kinda sad. :FeelsBadMan:
Yeah. are you a lead member of the other team then?
I guess you could say that.
I basically wrote this program at Toolkit's request:
And I'm giving my opinion to toolkit and criticize his work mainly.... Butt heads with him for the most part. :pokerFace: (I still feel like he values my opinion a lot, but don't tell him I said that)

Reactions: F95 and toolkitxx

Oiz

Modder
Donor
Aug 5, 2016
I see. Does this make us enimes by default then? x'D
I have no qualms with any of the ECV people. Not with Kevin either. That's a personal thing between Toolkit and him. :p

I welcome everyone here and in my opinion people who know their Girl Life are all the more valuable sources, when it comes to feedback. No matter where they come from or on what team they are.
Since you obviously are pretty involved in Girl Life and already filed report-tickets I think you're a great addition to this thread already:cool:

i know im so ferocious i cant even spell it x'D
Didn't even notice until you said it :pokerFace:

Reactions: toolkitxx

toolkitxx

Modder
Donor
Game Developer
May 3, 2017
Back to serious matters with real impact - weather! :eek:penedeyewink:

I dont have to be a rocket scientist to see a trend already in the poll. My low self-esteem self said immediately: Revert!Revert!

But i wouldnt be me if i wouldnt find a reason to shred more code into bits and pieces so the other self-esteem part got the upper hand anyways :evilsmile:

The longer i stared at the code the more it became obvious for me why things where so tricky to solve. The current weather implementation uses a span of random numbers defined for each month to create weather each day - completely unrelated to any past temperatures. That created huge temperature swings already in the past but because they would only happen once per day nobody had noticed(or complained) about it - the current change to weather is just the number of calling a new one more often but no change in logic at all.

My main reason for dealing with it in the first place was some serious annoyance for many users not being able to get quest/events to progress without using the cheat menu - that should not be needed for 'normal' gameplay. If anyone is interested in the math for a popular example:
To sunbath it has to be minimum 15°C and clear. Currently there are the month May - September where that number can be rolled in the randomizer. Most of them where using a number span of 15. That means you had a 1:15 chance to hit the right temperature but that would still leave the sky which would be a coinflip. Thats effectively a 1:7 chance per day to get what is needed. Playing statistical devil you would have 1 day per week in those months where you could sunbath in other words.

My 'lets call it more often' was against my own rules and a quick shot to get some actual user feedback if that would change things. To make weather act more natural and also a bit more predictable i am going to make a change towards 2 things based on these Saint Petersburg figures:
weather average.PNG
The max deviation will be changed. According to the above table you will notice that distances between high/low in a month are max 8°C and min 3°C (game checks use only this value so i will not translate all to Fahrenheit here). 8+3=11/2=5 (integer only).
The monthly averages of the above table will be used as monthly base and daily temperatures will be allowed a max deviation of 5°C from that base. I will split the current weather call into 2 or allow a parameter to ONLY call sky. Which will be called twice a day - at day start and around noon.

This system would make temperatures somewhat more stable during a month as all deviations are based on the same average. Happy to hear comments

Addendum: No plan without a plan B. I am mostly finished with this module but figured why remove how arbitrary the temperature is created and not do the same with weathertype?
So the future for rain, snow etc will be based on average raindays per month for Saint Petersburg.
waether-raindays.PNG

This mean technically: We flip our randomizer and for every day that isnt 'clear skies' we will be counting up a monthly counter until it reaches the average raindays. This means even if the player is extremely unlucky with the weather in the first half of the month there will be guaranteed 'clear skies' for the rest of the month. This should finally eliminate the second part of the problem with quest/event checks to never fire.

Last edited:

ShiKage89

Purple Turtle
Donor
Apr 9, 2017
Mod looks good like what you have done so far made it much easier to play.
Notice in night mode that the wardrobe cloths descriptions can not be read cause the words turn white an the cloths descriptions still have white background.

An idea don't know if some one suggested this but maybe you could make it so the close have clickable category? would save having to scroll down so much just to find clothing your looking for >.<

Burt

Ignoring Social Media
Dec 14, 2016
If Toolkit makes a mod of a game I am not sure why he has to communicate his every move with another forum
If the game is open source in order to help development that's great but after all this is a development of a previously released Russian game
The ECV or Kevin have no right to have influence on the mods development as neither get paid by the other and its a extremely time consuming process
Cleaning up the code in the mess it was in is hard much of this mess is due to multi-cooperation as people write code differently and rarely in standard form
Delving through this mess takes a code leader which in this instance is Toolbox assisted by Finneyyy when multiple ideas / code are in one game it means someone needs to take a lead
Working together is a great idea if you are professional coders and code in standard form but is a chaotic mess otherwise
Good intent does not always produce best results
Name calling for an adult is at best childish at worst egotistic
If I wrote designed this mod I would only allow coders I had vetted join my team as it was in a mess for a reason

toolkitxx

Modder
Donor
Game Developer
May 3, 2017
Mod looks good like what you have done so far made it much easier to play.
Notice in night mode that the wardrobe cloths descriptions can not be read cause the words turn white an the cloths descriptions still have white background.

An idea don't know if some one suggested this but maybe you could make it so the close have clickable category? would save having to scroll down so much just to find clothing your looking for >.<
Clothing usability and readability are just slightly touched yet - i made a small 'compare with wardrobe' module for shopping in the different shops as there was no real way to do that besides making handwritten notes what i already had at home. This module hasnt been part of the updates yet as it is really crude in its current state but i will most definitely have an immediate look at the display situation in the different modes!

Could i ask you to make a quick bug report via the form so we have it in the list of things - saves me a little bit of time and if you could insert a link to a screenshot just for reference? Many thanks in advance

toolkitxx

Modder
Donor
Game Developer
May 3, 2017
I updated the with some additional info on the 'wet' parts regarding weather

impulse32

Dec 30, 2016
Is it possible to add something that makes it easier to answer the phone when it's ringing? Can't seem to find how to answer the phone..

toolkitxx

Modder
Donor
Game Developer
May 3, 2017
Is it possible to add something that makes it easier to answer the phone when it's ringing? Can't seem to find how to answer the phone..
I assume you get a message just saying 'your phone is ringing ' and you dont get the actual call window on the right?

zkawai

Dec 21, 2016
The window setting is a player thing. Its controlled by a small file in your player directory called qspgui.cfg. You probably did what i asked in an early version of the mod and replaced your qspgui.cfg with the one from the mod in the player's main directory. Simply delete it and the player will reset to factory settings of those windows.
Thanks for the reply, and I wasn`t trying to be mean or anything in any comment(not that you made it look that way, just saying `cause everyone is a critic, especially when stuff is free) but I think you`re doing a pretty good job, maybe if I`d started playing by your mod I wouldn`t be able to get used to my current way of playing, but, as I`ve been playing it for a while, I do think it feels cluttered; maybe not put places as a tooltip would be better? just a suggestion....
Great work, and thanks again!

5.00 star(s) 2 Votes