Alaratt

Game Developer
Jun 21, 2019
Be nice if ONE he becomes who player wants and not Sveta.
The city transformation start sat undeveloped for 5+ years. It might even have been the original start, it's before my time. So did the New in Town start, which was the non transformation city start for several years. Nobody over all that time seemed motivated to add any start specific content, leaving them bland and basically boring. Anything they could do, a graduated or visiting Sveta could do. Nothing was unique about them past their intros.

By combining them into one character history, they can be added to without needing entirely new backstory characters. This hopefully makes adding content to them easier on the writers. Which will increase their actual story content.

Eventually someone with the desire to develop the transformation starts content will come along and add in reactions/stories specifically for a boy/man turned girl/woman, but until then the game is large and needs a lot of content developed. Being a community project, nobody is getting paid for their contributions, so developers tend to work on content they want, not what others want.

Reactions: Twitchy

Fungamer80

May 26, 2022
I have yeast infection. Do I need to buy antibiotics to get rid of it? Is there any way to prevent it or is it just bad luck?
Forget it, it was gone after one day...

Last edited:

Nutluck

Engaged Member
Game Developer
Nov 2, 2017
Best candidate for transformation in Girl Life imo is Igor.
Depends on what you mean by transformation, I have plans for Igor but only if no one else pitches a idea that works and starts making content for him.

Alaratt

Game Developer
Jun 21, 2019
I have yeast infection. Do I need to buy antibiotics to get rid of it? Is there any way to prevent it or is it just bad luck?
Forget it, it was gone after one day...
I think you have to get it treated at the clinic. Vitamins might help prevent it.

Nutluck

Engaged Member
Game Developer
Nov 2, 2017
The city transformation start sat undeveloped for 5+ years. It might even have been the original start, it's before my time. So did the New in Town start, which was the non transformation city start for several years. Nobody over all that time seemed motivated to add any start specific content, leaving them bland and basically boring. Anything they could do, a graduated or visiting Sveta could do. Nothing was unique about them past their intros.

By combining them into one character history, they can be added to without needing entirely new backstory characters. This hopefully makes adding content to them easier on the writers. Which will increase their actual story content.

Eventually someone with the desire to develop the transformation starts content will come along and add in reactions/stories specifically for a boy/man turned girl/woman, but until then the game is large and needs a lot of content developed. Being a community project, nobody is getting paid for their contributions, so developers tend to work on content they want, not what others want.
Micheal the city TF start was the original start for the game. The pav content and school girl content was actually a mod for the original game. GL was a english translation of the original game plus the ETO mod. Then the original game died and the original author said anyone could continue it. That is when GL became it's own game and new original content was added to the game beyond just english translation. I joined working on the game right after that, almost at the very start of the new content. Kevin I believe was working on the GL back when it was still a english translation project only.

As one of the first writers of new content for GL, I picked the school girl start to work on. Because at the time most of the other people was wanting to work on the city start or magic stuff. So it seemed like a under developed area that was being ignored at the time, so I pitched a idea to Kevin who had just recently taken over as the guy in charge of GL about the pav school and was told pretty much to do what I wanted.

So I started revamped all the old content there and writing new stuff, after a bit I recruited some other new people to help me. Namely Dr Cat, Arette(can't recall how her named was spelled) and Violet Kitten. The four of us completely redid the pav school and started adding a bunch of new stuff. Then before you new it, everyone was interested in working on Pav and the school and no one was interested in working on the city anymore.

Of course once that happened then, as you posted the city starts fell behind and we quickly realized the issue with more than one start not having access to the Pav stuff and then everyone lost any interest in working on the city starts at all. Which as you know and stated is why we changed it so all the starts are the same. Now hopefully more people will be interested in working on them.

Which is a little ironic since I original started working on the Pav school because no else had any interest in working on it and later it turned into the exact opposite.

Anyways just sharing a little history about GL and why things ended up the way they was.

Reactions: Edwarf

Alaratt

Game Developer
Jun 21, 2019
Micheal the city TF start was the original start for the game. The pav content and school girl content was actually a mod for the original game. GL was a english translation of the original game plus the ETO mod. Then the original game died and the original author said anyone could continue it. That is when GL became it's own game and new original content was added to the game beyond just english translation. I joined working on the game right after that, almost at the very start of the new content. Kevin I believe was working on the GL back when it was still a english translation project only.

As one of the first writers of new content for GL, I picked the school girl start to work on. Because at the time most of the other people was wanting to work on the city start or magic stuff. So it seemed like a under developed area that was being ignored at the time, so I pitched a idea to Kevin who had just recently taken over as the guy in charge of GL about the pav school and was told pretty much to do what I wanted.

So I started revamped all the old content there and writing new stuff, after a bit I recruited some other new people to help me. Namely Dr Cat, Arette(can't recall how her named was spelled) and Violet Kitten. The four of us completely redid the pav school and started adding a bunch of new stuff. Then before you new it, everyone was interested in working on Pav and the school and no one was interested in working on the city anymore.

Of course once that happened then, as you posted the city starts fell behind and we quickly realized the issue with more than one start not having access to the Pav stuff and then everyone lost any interest in working on the city starts at all. Which as you know and stated is why we changed it so all the starts are the same. Now hopefully more people will be interested in working on them.

Which is a little ironic since I original started working on the Pav school because no else had any interest in working on it and later it turned into the exact opposite.

Anyways just sharing a little history about GL and why things ended up the way they was.
Ok, Grandpa. Time for your afternoon nap now.

den_saga

Dec 31, 2017
Depends on what you mean by transformation, I have plans for Igor but only if no one else pitches a idea that works and starts making content for him.
Nothing Magical, just a mental shift/nudge into brainwashing or acceptance to the Sissy lifestyle. Sveta seem to be doing that alittle with their walks. So there is some stuff there already.

Last edited:

Nutluck

Engaged Member
Game Developer
Nov 2, 2017
Nothing Magical, just a mental shift/nudge into brainwashing or acceptance to the Sissy lifestyle. Sveta seem to be doing that alittle with their walks. So there is some stuff there already.
We have plans for him, but I don't want to spoil it. Other than to say he will start to embrace certain life style choices once we get to adding his story arc at the uni.

Kevin Smarts

Respected User
Game Developer
Jul 21, 2017
I wonder when the Aurora Talent Agency will have a proper history on game ... ? View attachment 2331951
Hornguy6 is doing a bit of work there but we have to be careful, the silest distraction and he'll be back re-writing the blurbs for the photo studio girls. Again.

Rubedo was a great game, an isekai trying to create an economic simulation with multiple endings.
It was and a great spin off of that game was call ETO, so technically its our granddad.
Does being on "hot List" do anything for standing?
No, it's just a list someone at the school is making. It doesn't really mean anything but it does give an in game way to track Sveta's attractiveness in relation to the other school girls.

nutluck gave you most of this. I was on the translation team which was pretty loose and ad-hoc except for me who re-worte a file or two per day for a while, then I found ETO 1.2.2 with all the Pav stuff included and I merged it to the translated version of 0.7.3 line by line to make a new base game. it was from having to try and fix all the crap in the mods that I learnt QSP. It was soon after that when nutluck turned up and was doing so much translation I called him the new me. Still waiting for him to learn some code. :ROFLMAO:

• Red Heart
Reactions: Alaratt

OvergrownPigeon

Feb 10, 2021
I'm really struggling with increasing my maximum willpower. I saw a post that said to visit the therapist. Which option is the correct one to choose? Confidence? Does it matter if i choose Just Talk over Hypnotherapy? I did a cursed schoolboy start and I'm feeling trapped because my max willpower is the absolute minimum. I'm trying to avoid cheating for fear of bricking my save.

HoodedSilence

That which passes is forgotten.
Game Developer
Jan 18, 2023
I'm really struggling with increasing my maximum willpower. I saw a post that said to visit the therapist. Which option is the correct one to choose? Confidence? Does it matter if i choose Just Talk over Hypnotherapy? I did a cursed schoolboy start and I'm feeling trapped because my max willpower is the absolute minimum. I'm trying to avoid cheating for fear of bricking my save.
Increasing your willpower through the cheat menu is relatively safe, it's when you start interfering with time it really breaks or if you teleport between events.

Willpower slowly increases when you force your will on someone like certain
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
events. It's an area we're in the process of rebalancing by other team members.

eosar

Aug 11, 2016
No, it's just a list someone at the school is making. It doesn't really mean anything but it does give an in game way to track Sveta's attractiveness in relation to the other school girls.
It could work as a trigger to increase or decrease random chance of harassment. Better looks would mean more people looking. It could also add to random events happening to other NPC that the PC could witness in the same vein, so the higher in the list, the more often you would see them in random events.
Similarly in slut level for bathroom encounters.

eightypercent

Apr 2, 2020
Sveta got dirty with the guy from the Disco [Yefrem] and he keeps sending Sveta SMS but she can't accept getting back together. Anyone know why?

Nutluck

Engaged Member
Game Developer
Nov 2, 2017
It could work as a trigger to increase or decrease random chance of harassment. Better looks would mean more people looking. It could also add to random events happening to other NPC that the PC could witness in the same vein, so the higher in the list, the more often you would see them in random events.
Similarly in slut level for bathroom encounters.
I already made a few scenes where your MC's hotcat effects the event. There is not a lot of those scenes but a few. Low hotcat you get one reaction, mid level hotcat you get another, high hotcat you get a 3rd.

Kevin Smarts

Respected User
Game Developer
Jul 21, 2017
Sveta got dirty with the guy from the Disco [Yefrem] and he keeps sending Sveta SMS but she can't accept getting back together. Anyone know why?
That's a random npc in the hookups and fuckbuddies system. There's still a lot of things not working correctly in there, we have people actively developing and fixing that system but even the dev version has many problems atm.

Reactions: eightypercent

Xtirp8

Oct 27, 2018
Do I have to download imagepacks if I downloaded all in one?

1674526906651.png

And what does Optimized mean? Compressed?
And is Soundpack included in the archive? does it need to be downloaded?

1674526935242.png

Nutluck

Engaged Member
Game Developer
Nov 2, 2017
Do I have to download imagepacks if I downloaded all in one?

View attachment 2334529

And what does Optimized mean? Compressed?
And is Soundpack included in the archive? does it need to be downloaded?

View attachment 2334531
I believe a player host the all in one so it should be all you need but I honestly don't know. I have no clue if the sound pack is in it or not.

Yes optimized just means the images are compressed so they take up less room

Reactions: Xtirp8
4.30 star(s) 80 Votes