eightypercent

Apr 2, 2020
House prices... 4th option reads "A house in the St. Petersburg's residential area is available for sale for 100,000 ₽."

That seems cheap. Has it always been that price?

EDIT it's really nice and I'm thinking I got a bargain :)

Reactions: Kevin Smarts

Nutluck

Engaged Member
Game Developer
Nov 2, 2017
House prices... 4th option reads "A house in the St. Petersburg's residential area is available for sale for 100,000 ₽."

price of stuff and pay from jobs are only loosely based on RL. mostly it is balanced within the game to give the effect of what we are looking for. So some stuff will seem cheap or expensive at times and pay might seem high or low depending as well. Partially this is because the game was originally set in the early 2000's and now is officially set in 2016. Then it is hard to find all the pay and cost of stuff in Russia etc. So we optioned to just pick use a few costs and pays as a starting point and then just fill in the rest to build our own internal game economy that is loosely based on real life.

Reactions: eightypercent

Alaratt

Game Developer
Jun 21, 2019

Enjoy your bargain, it should be 800,000
Someone has messed with the coding since I made it and goofed it up.

Reactions: eightypercent

Nutluck

Engaged Member
Game Developer
Nov 2, 2017
Enjoy your bargain, it should be 800,000
Someone has messed with the coding since I made it and goofed it up.
I am sure it was hornguy, or Derryth when she did work on the homes or hooded when he just does what ever it is he does.

Kassan06969

Apr 14, 2022
Playing the SG route it hit the new year, she fucked her brother, still no fight with Christina. I use time cheat a lot because things take too long, especially in prostitution how often nobody shows up and how often that goddamn motherfucking cocksucking cop shows up. With the pimp thing never fixed. She has 100 in every class. Not Sveta. Based it on a girl I actually went to school with (and had a crush on 7th-8th grade but graduated with) here in the US. But made her a rampaging slut that she wasn't. She didn't have a sister but had a younger brother (she was 18 when he was 15) - set as 16 in game. She will IRL be 49 in February. Married with kids for several years. We're FB friends - with her husband too. Never tell them about this game. My GF turns 49 in May.

Voxx221

Aug 25, 2021
Just started playing this and it's pretty interesting so far. Any tips on who i should romance first? I made a jock so going to be doing exercise and keeping MC fit and wanna focus on sports will that effect my relationship with any of my love interest? There are a ton of students to choose from.

I might start with the cool kids preferably Andrey or Marcus since both look pretty cool.

Or is there a recommend student i should start with first?

HoodedSilence

That which passes is forgotten.
Game Developer
Jan 18, 2023
Playing the SG route it hit the new year, she fucked her brother, still no fight with Christina. I use time cheat a lot because things take too long, especially in prostitution how often nobody shows up and how often that goddamn motherfucking cocksucking cop shows up. With the pimp thing never fixed. She has 100 in every class. <crop>

You broke your save, a lot of the core of the game is based around time and date. So if you skip days or months you've screwed it up. No way to fix it other than to restart from scratch.

We get and got your complaints. Several times now. You've got your answers. You have been given solutions so with all due respect stop complaining. This is a sandbox simulator and as such it's relatively unique, it's events and storylines are supposed to take time. You've also not told me why you want to persist in this game over Clean Slate?

Oct 19, 2020
I suppose you guys may have heard this before. It would help the pacing a lot more if there was either something to do in-between. You can't even say you're grinding since you're just going through every second -> minute -> hour of every day repeating the same events, I can't count anymore how many times that kid at school got his ears pulled by bullies. I appreciate the level of detail, honestly, it's plenty of fun but only up to a certain point where you exhaust the events you can get short-term and got to wait several months or a year for something to happen.

To be fair to the game, it takes a lot of time to reach that sort of stalemate but any long-term player of the game gets to it eventually, especially in a highschool start. There is the option to skip time, of course, through the cheat menu but it's equivalent to shooting yourself in the foot because every time you use it, it has high chances of breaking the game. If Sveta is pregnant, make that a 100% chance.

Many games in the same vein as GL allow for short bursts, for example, from your room you'd get the option to skip the day to the next morning with no consequences (Perhaps an action that takes 24 hours, with no fatigue, thirst, hunger, etc?). To be entirely honest, I can't say how this would work exactly as say in GL, a few places require daily attendances such as the high school in Pavlov. In a life sim, that stale period or eclipse period of activity is inevitable, many games try to find ways to either fill it up or allow it to be moved forward. GL, in contrast, is one of the few games that seem to embrace it instead.

I like to think I'm a very patient grinder to be honest but even I get tired doing hundreds of repetitive school days just to see Sveta/Natasha finally give birth. Other than this, I believe this is the greatest QSP game on the internet and I don't see it being moved from its throne anytime soon if ever as the more time goes on, the more content and features it accumulates.

Last edited:

Kevin Smarts

Respected User
Game Developer
Jul 21, 2017
I suppose you guys may have heard this before. It would help the pacing a lot more if there was either something to do in-between. You can't even say you're grinding since you're just going through every second -> minute -> hour of every day repeating the same events, I can't count anymore how many times that kid at school got his ears pulled by bullies. I appreciate the level of detail, honestly, it's plenty of fun but only up to a certain point where you exhaust the events you can get short-term and got to wait several months or a year for something to happen.

To be fair to the game, it takes a lot of time to reach that sort of stalemate but any long-term player of the game gets to it eventually, especially in a highschool start. There is the option to skip time, of course, through the cheat menu but it's equivalent to shooting yourself in the foot because every time you use it, it has high chances of breaking the game. If Sveta is pregnant, make that a 100% chance.

Many games in the same vein as GL allow for short bursts, for example, from your room you'd get the option to skip the day to the next morning with no consequences (Perhaps an action that takes 24 hours, with no fatigue, thirst, hunger, etc?). To be entirely honest, I can't say how this would work exactly as say in GL, a few places require daily attendances such as the high school in Pavlov. In a life sim, that stale period or eclipse period of activity is inevitable, many games try to find ways to either fill it up or allow it to be moved forward. GL, in contrast, is one of the few games that seem to embrace it instead.

I like to think I'm a very patient grinder to be honest but even I get tired doing hundreds of repetitive school days just to see Sveta/Natasha finally give birth. Other than this, I believe this is the greatest QSP game on the internet and I don't see it being moved from its throne anytime soon if ever as the more time goes on, the more content and features it accumulates.
I do understand and for some that repitition is highly enjoyable. We have tried to impliment some ways to make parts of the game easier and quicker if you choose and the morning routine needs some tlc (which I'm aware of). The time jumping issue is significant though as so many things check against the clock, to change that would mean rewriting most of the code.
We will continue to look at making things less hassle and more interesting over the long term. Hooded Silence has been working on things that should help with that, nutluck has written tons of content which is why it takes so long before getting stale, Alaratt has been dfoing a great job managing the images and squeezing in some writing too while I mostly break stuff and troll. Fuck, I'm the Elon Musk of GL. :oops:

HoodedSilence

That which passes is forgotten.
Game Developer
Jan 18, 2023
Consider this a kind of dev diary of what I've been doing since I joined the team last year:

Refactor the St P. Community centre content and integrate new payment system.

Design and integrate a new payment system to make it simpler for writers/coders to allow players pay with card or cash, then overhaul the various places in a game so far Ind. Com Centre, Salon, Gym and another location that I can't remember has been migrated so far.

Design and integrate a new employment system and give the player feedback on the jobs in the journal, and allow for expansion or promotion on the roles. Only a few roles migrated, mostly waiting on feedback from players on the first dev release before doing a full overhaul.

New employment generator; I call it a generator as it will create a job in the future. The first example you'll see in game is the photography shop overhaul, so instead of dying after 4-5 events it will continue as long as you wish it. It will need new content written, but that should be in next release hopefully but I've got a major project overhauling one of the story arcs in the game that's going to take a lot of work. You can track each job in the journal and, if I can get it working manage those jobs easier.

Both of these will make it easier to stop and start roles for quests, one of the major issues is that you can get a black mark against if you're forced into a quest event. The new systems means you'll be able to take holidays from those roles.

This is on top of the new location system I'm testing and designing, it won't affect players but it will make it easier to integrate code and hopefully reduce bugs changing between game locations. The problem is we have so many systems that trying to integrate them into a single call is fraught.

New Action/Navigation layout to simplify keyboard shortcuts and make it more obvious what can be done at locations. This is at a very early stage of discussions on how best to proceed with this.

Related to the new navigation system is the creation of more hooks for game mods to add content to the main game. Whilst we have a mods system, we have issues with how mods integrate their content or even display it. That's why I'm looking to do the navigation overhaul alongside content areas.

As a side project I'm creating a new ballet career mod, it will allow the dancer start to join a ballet school and have a career progression and perform at shows. It will be a non-sexual mod unless I can find a writer but this mod will initially be set in the school start with it being fleshed out for city later. Once I'm happy with the level of content then it might be integrated into the main game but that's depending on the uptake for players, as this is aimed mostly at those who like doing 'virgin' runs.

So there's going to be a lot of changes over the next few releases, and I'll be taking flak for some of it. I'm mostly creating under the hood improvements which hopefully make it easier to add new content for employment and events.

Nutluck

Engaged Member
Game Developer
Nov 2, 2017
Playing the SG route it hit the new year, she fucked her brother, still no fight with Christina. I use time cheat a lot because things take too long, especially in prostitution how often nobody shows up and how often that goddamn motherfucking cocksucking cop shows up. With the pimp thing never fixed. She has 100 in every class. Not Sveta. Based it on a girl I actually went to school with (and had a crush on 7th-8th grade but graduated with) here in the US. But made her a rampaging slut that she wasn't. She didn't have a sister but had a younger brother (she was 18 when he was 15) - set as 16 in game. She will IRL be 49 in February. Married with kids for several years. We're FB friends - with her husband too. Never tell them about this game. My GF turns 49 in May.
If you use time cheat it can break stuff especially if you do it a lot and skip over the night. My guess is that is why you are having issues with Christina. The pimp thing will be fixed but honestly it is not a high priority at the moment. I might do a quick fix where you can agree to work for the pimp and then the cops mostly will leave you alone then, at the cost of a share of your money of course.

Not sure what you mean by has 100 in every class or what that has to do with the pimp or christina.

Got point them to this post.

Nutluck

Engaged Member
Game Developer
Nov 2, 2017
Just started playing this and it's pretty interesting so far. Any tips on who i should romance first? I made a jock so going to be doing exercise and keeping MC fit and wanna focus on sports will that effect my relationship with any of my love interest? There are a ton of students to choose from.

I might start with the cool kids preferably Andrey or Marcus since both look pretty cool.

Or is there a recommend student i should start with first?
Depends on what you are looking for. Right now the two you listed don't yet have story arc's, just a hand full of scenes and cameo's in other story arcs.

here is a rough list of students and a non spoiler description of what kind of content they have
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Reactions: Paco15 and Voxx221

Nutluck

Engaged Member
Game Developer
Nov 2, 2017
To dog pile on with the replies from Kevin and Hooded, my comments are below.

That is just the nature of a sandbox life sim game. I made lots of small events with the help of people like Dr Cat to help make it more interesting by having enough different ones you shouldn't see the same events to often. With that said that is just one of the things with the game that will never change, we will never be able to add enough small events so you almost never see the same event.

But really that stuff is mostly there as life immersion stuff, as in it exists to make the game feel alive. So it feels like the world and NPC's in it have their own lives and don't just statically exist until Sveta shows up to interact with them. The main meat and potato's of the game is getting involved with the different NPC's story arcs. I just posted a list that might be a little out of date in my post above if you want to take a look at it.

Yeah I think that is mostly because of the short coming from qsp engine but I am not a coder so don't know for sure. With that said though, really GL is more like text based version of the Sims. In the whole point of the game is living your life in a sand box virtual world. So it really isn't designed for time skips.

See above which pretty much covers this as well. All I can recommend is interacting with more of the NPC's and doing their story arcs.

I will to add to what I already said, the game is mostly designed where you do several NPC's story arcs at time. If you just focus on a single NPC then I imagine it would get repetitive fairly quick.

Reactions: DevilishTemptation

Kassan06969

Apr 14, 2022
If you use time cheat it can break stuff especially if you do it a lot and skip over the night. My guess is that is why you are having issues with Christina. The pimp thing will be fixed but honestly it is not a high priority at the moment. I might do a quick fix where you can agree to work for the pimp and then the cops mostly will leave you alone then, at the cost of a share of your money of course.

Not sure what you mean by has 100 in every class or what that has to do with the pimp or christina.

Got point them to this post.
I always use the time cheat to turn back time.

Oct 19, 2020
Just read the replies, thank you guys for the comprehensive replies. I won't lie and say I wasn't convinced, I am very much convinced. I already like this game a lot and seeing there's more to expect in the coming months/years is pretty hype.

Nutluck

Engaged Member
Game Developer
Nov 2, 2017
Just read the replies, thank you guys for the comprehensive replies. I won't lie and say I wasn't convinced, I am very much convinced. I already like this game a lot and seeing there's more to expect in the coming months/years is pretty hype.
Well if you was not aware our long term goal for the game is.

1 year - pav school girl
2-5 years - Uni college girl
6-8 - post Uni/working/starting a family years

that is our LONG term goals for the game. Right now we are finishing up things still needed in year one and starting on year 2. But just because our main focus right now is year 2, we will still be going back and adding content to year one for example. I mean long term I would like to see every pav student have their own story arc starting in Pav school, going forward to the end of the 8 years of the game.

As you can imagine that is a long time off, I might even be dead before we get that far. But even if we ever managed to have 8 years like I listed above with all the pav student NPC's with story arcs. there is room to add more Uni students, work NPC's all with full story arcs and if somehow we do all that, we might just start going beyond year 8 or even going back and adding in year 0, so there is 2 years at the Pav school.

Basically I imagine this game will keep going until we are all dead and no new devs step up to take over.

den_saga

Dec 31, 2017

1 year - pav school girl

that is our LONG term goals for the game. Right now we are finishing up things still needed in year one and starting on year 2. But just because our main focus right now is year 2, we will still be going back and adding content to year one for example. I mean long term I would like to see every pav student have their own story arc starting in Pav school, going forward to the end of the 8 years of the game.

As you can imagine that is a long time off, I might even be dead before we get that far. But even if we ever managed to have 8 years like I listed above with all the pav student NPC's with story arcs. there is room to add more Uni students, work NPC's all with full story arcs and if somehow we do all that, we might just start going beyond year 8 or even going back and adding in year 0, so there is 2 years at the Pav school.

Basically I imagine this game will keep going until we are all dead and no new devs step up to take over.
I gotta ask, how many from school will carry over to adulthood and who wont make it. Mind you not looking for definite answers but at some point will new characters be introduced?

Kassan06969

Apr 14, 2022

1 year - pav school girl

Hopefully doesn't need a full change to work with some version of Windows in the future. Imagine trying to run something made for Windows 95 on Windows 10 or 11...

4.30 star(s) 80 Votes