Trickstar

Jun 2, 2018
"So many comments about how great it is that there's a choice to not be a cuck in a ntr game and boom I was fully on board with doing those routes [...] I still think ntr games can have good endings but they should only be complements, adding a different flavour, a slight refreshing note amidst the degeneracy. "

Good realization. It's a mistake listening to comments about non-NTR routes in an NTR game. The large majority of the paying audience is there for the cucking and not to play a vanilla game. Creating a game aimed at a specific fetish only to then implement routes to bypass interactions with said fetish can't end well.

In a way, the dev realizing this could be a good sign. Them turning off payments if they can't deliver on time is also a good move.
I disagree with this tbh, If I already know what the story is going to be and everything that is basically going to happen it is kinda boring. Having different routes that are not completely in on the main theme or fetish can really help but not going to far out of the way to make that happen. What I mean by this is lets say there is a game that is completely netorare and all that jazz. Instead of just the netorare content being the only thing some vanilla route (doesn't have to be major but still some effort put into it) as well as maybe a route that branching into netorase and such would be great for a game as well imo. It gives variety. The same about vice versa as well, like if you are playing a romantic game and your maybe want to have options to have some sharing of your gf or something.

Though if a dev really only wants to do one specific thing (such as netorare) then they should do it but one thing I really think every netorare game must have is a at least 1 good ending where the protag doesnt lose the girl and they are happy together. Like for instance the mc of a game gathers the courage at least for 1 moment to confront everything going on and wining back his girl and proving he wont just stand by and let stuff happen. The reason I think this is like I said before it is kinda boring know the same story ending basically awaits most ntr games (this happens in all games btw not just ntr ones for instance you already know the ending of a harem game by the time you start it tbh) which is a big problem. Having a curveball feel good ending like this could leave a good last reminder of the game in their memory after they play it which I think is important. I think this dev gets this as well based on what I read here. Having endings/content like this also show that the relationship is not there just to be broken but also that there is actually a bond there and if your character is willing to fight for it he will actually win and it can improve the experience.

Like I said before this applies to all sorts of games including harems and others that usually are considered polar opposites to this genre as there like I mentioned before you already know how a harem game is going to play out. And some quick suggestions for those games would be if you treat them like shit they cheat as well as having ending options to only choose one girl and let the other girls find someone who will love them instead of just having the mandatory all of them as your harem as the only ending. Variety is key imo and devs don't have to go overboard with it, but it does at least add some depth to a game.

Sorry if this is long and a little confusing btw.

Jun 22, 2022
It's fine to disagree. But look at it from a different angle. NTR is a kink where the journey matters infinitely more than the outcome. NTR fans know the end result and want to see it happening. That's a given. But how will it happen? Who will be the "bull" and how will he seduce/get the girl? How will the girl feel, how will she change over time, how will she fall / get corrupted and how will the MC react, etc etc, the list is long and different for each person. The outcome is always the same, like in howdunit / whydunit murder mysteries, you know what'll happen, but you care for unraveling the details along the way, for experiencing how it unfolded.

I think NTR has the issue of people believing they are into it / they like it, when in reality they're not, or "not really". They might like the thrill of adultery, but never to the point where they're into the howdunit aspect of NTR. Thus sentiments exist like "it's boring when I know the ending in advance".

Though, this specific case is not one of personal opinions anyway. The simple facts are: The dev had a vision, all went good, then people wanted them to diverge from their vision, and all went bad.

If a dev's vision is making a game with a variety of outcomes, a life and love simulator, then that's entirely fine. But saying that all games benefit from expanding the laundry list of fetishes (variety) doesn't take the dev into account - one or multiple human beings with their very own interests, abilities and goals.

On a related note: The challenge of making a good NTR game isn't necessarily solved by adding non-NTR routes. Same as a harem game isn't necessarily made better by adding non-harem content - that just turns it into "less of a harem" game. Fans of the kink though, be it NTR or harem or whatever else, will appreciate clever uses of their beloved kink much more (adding interesting mechanics for example, like the rule system in "A Promise Best Left Unkept" - or some of the mechanics of the game in your signature).

Trickstar

Jun 2, 2018
Really? Was that what happened inside the "fml" post?
No he just said that it wont drop on the 19 and that the time limits he has put on it were not ideal tbh. If he doesn't have it out by the end of the month he will stop payments until he does according to another post. It will probably be out by the end of the month or by the end of next month at the latest imo.

John Doe Jr.

Jun 11, 2017
NTR is a kink where the journey matters infinitely more than the outcome. NTR fans know the end result and want to see it happening
Where many games fail imo. The journey is often quick and sucks. Just goes from point A to point B and then it's done. This game however I think has done a much better job at building up the characters, the relationships between them, and the journey that's lead up to where we are currently

4.30 star(s) 54 Votes