Avaron1974

Resident Lesbian
Aug 22, 2018
Maybe you could do 1 update every 1-2 months for the near future to gain some fame ,
Pretty impossible to do if you want the amount of content the dev puts out.

Monthly, bi monthly updates are usually always short and barely worth the download. Why do you think the bigger games are all on 1 to 2 updates a year?

They worked out pretty quickly that monthly updates are not sustainable, stress them too much and have caused devs to quit. Bi monthly is nearly as bad.

Quick updates do not mean good updates.

I'll share advice Philly, dev of City of Broken Dreamers, shared ... never do monthly updates.

kschn68

Jul 18, 2019

Monthly, bi monthly updates are usually always short and barely worth the download. Why do you think the bigger games are all on 1 to 2 updates a year?

They worked out pretty quickly that monthly updates are not sustainable, stress them too much and have caused devs to quit. Bi monthly is nearly as bad.

Quick updates do not mean good updates.

I'll share advice Philly, dev of City of Broken Dreamers, shared ... never do monthly updates.
That's of course a personal taste, but for me it's a bit the opposite. Don't like these big updates once a while anymore. Also there are also quite some devs who can handle quicker updates (Moonbox, Ptolemy etc). These long cycles is maybe good for well known games, but for the others? I actually already stopped some of them, because when an update finally drops after a long time I mostlly would have to replay the game to even remember the detailed story again. And that is getting boring when you did that a few times. For me it's a bit like TV series: if the cycles between the episodes are to long I'm loosing the interest and don't watch it anymore.

Reactions: Udayana

Xmoe22

Mar 26, 2022
I a
That's of course a personal taste, but for me it's a bit the opposite. Don't like these big updates once a while anymore. Also there are also quite some devs who can handle quicker updates (Moonbox, Ptolemy etc). These long cycles is maybe good for well known games, but for the others? I actually already stopped some of them, because when an update finally drops after a long time I mostlly would have to replay the game to even remember the detailed story again. And that is getting boring when you did that a few times. For me it's a bit like TV series: if the cycles between the episodes are to long I'm loosing the interest and don't watch it anymore.
I agree with you , for a new game not well known it is a high risk move to do 2 updates a year

[/QUOTE]

Monthly, bi monthly updates are usually always short and barely worth the download. Why do you think the bigger games are all on 1 to 2 updates a year
I didn't mean every 2 weeks
I meant every 1 to 2 months a small update (beta at least) just to gain some fame and support ,i believe it will do no good updating the game every 6 months

Kind Nightmares

Instinct Unleashed developer
Game Developer
Oct 1, 2019
I don't think Namco15 needs to worry about popularity or fame here at all, as harsh as that sounds. Let's be honest, it's not the most popular genre here to chase after fame. :HideThePain:

If the game with a female protagonist is gaining popularity, then most likely it'll be a whore-builder. So if someone wants to make an interesting story about a lesbian protagonist, then they will have to count on a small group of people who also love this genre and on their own enthusiasm.

Hullahopp

Dec 26, 2018
Maybe you could do 1 update every 1-2 months for the near future to gain some fame
if the cycles between the episodes are to long I'm loosing the interest and don't watch it anymore.
From a commercial point of view, you are absolutely right. But one person works on the game in her spare time, not a whole team full time.
As someone smarter than me pointed out, it's not a job, it's a hobby.
If the dev sets an unrealistic deadline for itself, it degrades quality, leads to bugs and developer burnout.

• Yay, new update!
Reactions: Namco15

kschn68

Jul 18, 2019
Don't know about Moonbox but Ptolemy works with a group of 6 other devs.
Sorry if this came out as a kinda insult or forcing the dev here for faster releases. I actually only wanted to point out that not all are happy with (very) long release cycles.

About ptolemy: I didn't know there are so many. I actually only know the one from Rebirth (Likes Blondes) and The taming of the brat/Haley (Viit games). I think I remember he was cooperating some time ago with Superwriter. But who are the others?

• Yay, new update!

Dragon59

Conversation Conqueror
Apr 24, 2020
Sigh. I just wish people would just allow Nam to create the game Nam wants (in the time Nam has available for the project) without trying to offer so much unsolicited advice.

I'm interested in seeing Nam's vision.

BenHatira

Oct 12, 2021
If the game with a female protagonist is gaining popularity, then most likely it'll be a whore-builder. So if someone wants to make an interesting story about a lesbian protagonist, then they will have to count on a small group of people who also love this genre and on their own enthusiasm.
Preach it !

That's sadly the case for most adult games especially here on F95. As soon as there is a FMC, "creeps" are going full psycho asking for fat old ugly dudes taking advantage of the mc or complaining about the so called "lesbiasm" that might occured in the game !

Even better are those who claim that most FMC games are lesbian oriented by default and start downvoting and talk shite in the threads.

Meh whatever that's life i guess ... :unsure:

Namco15

LESS TALKING MORE RAIDING!
Game Developer
Nov 23, 2016
some website
An honest pirate website like F95 hope:cautious::sneaky:
I didn't like the scene where MC's hand gets chopped off
That means you like the character for now(y)(y) ... I mean sometimes I play a game and I'm wishing someone would just show up with a big sword and decapitate the mc:whistle:

I would appreciate it if you could use spoilers.
1547071805980.png (y)
And Sidra is ready to give all of her cider as a payment.
She is in love, not crazy:LOL:

Udayana

Oct 19, 2021
She is in love, not crazy:LOL:
Hmm... I believe she's crazy (crazily in love), she says she would fall in love again, if she wasn't already in love, when she sees Celeste eating her biscuits and inflating her cheeks. She would certainly give all of her cider, her bottles, herself, everything! :LOL:

• Red Heart
3.70 star(s) 29 Votes