redle

Apr 12, 2017
Yes, this sometimes occurs and forces the cpu to work
View attachment 2676343 View attachment 2676344

Topmodel Updo Hair base color 07 IRAY
View attachment 2676356
You need to turn this off as well.
cpu.jpg
Then it can not force the cpu. It will either use the gpu only or it will quit the render as soon as it realizes there is not enough memory. Once the cpu is used at all it will increase render time dramatically.

You can always turn it back on if you find yourself really wanting to render an image that requires too much memory for just your gpu, but it's almost always better to figure out a way to reduce the memory footprint until it will fit.

Krugger

Aug 13, 2019
You need to turn this off as well.
View attachment 2709939
Then it can not force the cpu. It will either use the gpu only or it will quit the render as soon as it realizes there is not enough memory. Once the cpu is used at all it will increase render time dramatically.

You can always turn it back on if you find yourself really wanting to render an image that requires too much memory for just your gpu, but it's almost always better to figure out a way to reduce the memory footprint until it will fit.
I already tried to use this method and due to lack of memory it does not render. Mandatorily I have to allow the marked CPU. My CPU is quite weak, i5 3gen and the gpu can't handle it then memory is used from cpu making 100% usage.

redle

Apr 12, 2017
I already tried to use this method and due to lack of memory it does not render. Mandatorily I have to allow the marked CPU. My CPU is quite weak, i5 3gen and the gpu can't handle it then memory is used from cpu making 100% usage.
If you need to render with cpu, then you need to render with cpu. It will be slow, and no matter how good or bad your cpu is or how good or bad your gpu is, once the cpu is needed it is going to cycle up to 100% usage. Unchecking those other cpu checkboxes do not have any benefit for you if you are going to render with cpu anyway. All that does is make it waste time trying to stick everything in the gpu first; failing; and then trying again as though those checkboxes were checked.

(The only potential benefit to unchecking the cpu boxes is for the times when your entire render does fit inside the gpu completely)

MalchorX

Jul 2, 2017
I don´t know whats wrong now, but all my X-Transfer Moprhs (Genesis 3 to 8) doesn´t work anymore and that means nearby all of my Big Brother and Glamour are gone. I really don´t know why this happens. Plus every time i try to create them again DAZ Studio (V4.21) crashed and close himself without Error Message. Have someone the same issues?

BigIrishLug

Common Craic Producer
Donor
Aug 17, 2017
I don´t know whats wrong now, but all my X-Transfer Moprhs (Genesis 3 to 8) doesn´t work anymore and that means nearby all of my Big Brother and Glamour are gone. I really don´t know why this happens. Plus every time i try to create them again DAZ Studio (V4.21) crashed and close himself without Error Message. Have someone the same issues?
Daz Studio did an update, had to reinstall DAZ and my library didn't have any issues afterwards